Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2014, 10:09 PM

1,324 posts, read 2,014,023 times

Advertisements

professional counseling, maybe some meds, and trying hypnotherapy, meditation, and visualization. liquid courage can help too if you can handle that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2014, 10:44 PM

7,082 posts, read 8,952,388 times
Try to think of women as one of the guys and not potential dates, that will get you over your mental barrier, just like posting on the forums here, many times you don't know the gender of other posters who do not disclose it.

When you do get involved in a conversation with a woman, do not pressure yourself that you have to get her to go out with you, be nice, friendly and be yourself, avoid being suggestive, too forward or sexual. All women have horror stories of creeps who have hit on them, don't be that guy. Instead take a genuine interest in getting to know someone with no expectations of being more than friends, let it become more if it is meant to be.

Reconsider your priorities in who you pursue, some women are stuck up *****es, some are easy to get to know, go after someone who is a good person on the inside, even if they are not thin, rich or good looking.

Old 10-01-2014, 11:02 PM

1,201 posts, read 1,579,707 times
Go do something you've always been completely scared of and then go put yourself in an environment with women and be nice.

Old 10-02-2014, 08:28 AM

29,750 posts, read 34,415,700 times
Am I the only one picturing Adi as Raj from Big Bang Theory?

Old 10-02-2014, 08:30 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,312,217 times
Do what I do. Get a girlfriend, and talk to women you work with. Helps me calm my anxiety when I'm around women.

Old 10-02-2014, 08:35 AM

11,802 posts, read 12,043,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Nope!

I can't imagine growing up the way he did, but the key is women are simply the female part of the human race. They are not deities, not anything to put on a pedestal. Speak to us like the regular people we are.

Smile, nod, say hello to people you pass on the street, female or male, young or old. Just get comfortable talking to others without it having to mean anything or lead anywhere. Once you're more at ease with that, then you can move on to "bigger" things.

The important thing is to be observant and read body language. Like the example of talking to the cashier at the grocery store, you could comment on the weather, how your baseball team is faring in the World Series playoffs, comment on how the National Enquirer headline "woman gives birth to 60lb baby" is so ridiculous, do they really think people believe that stuff?

You want to be at ease and put others at ease around you. I find I'm usually looking for something to say that will make someone laugh/smile as well. It's part of creating a good impression of yourself.

Old 10-02-2014, 09:23 AM

11,879 posts, read 14,217,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I don't make weird or something. I just am fearful that I might offend them. While talking to guys, I know that expressing some of my concerns using foul language on occasions is perfectly ok, like "The Professor is such a (insert the B-word). I went for help, and she started making derogatory remarks about my performance". The fear is acting like a turn off or perhaps even offending women while saying similar things.

Old 10-02-2014, 09:31 AM

4,078 posts, read 5,418,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
So I just go ahead and talk. I don't want to offend the other person, that's what I'm afraid of. I wont use swears, that's for sure. But men and women interpret certain phrases differently.
You need to flirt with them in a way that's subtle and sweet.

Don't be sarcastic, #1- DO NOT. That will definitely offend them (at least me) and they'll write you off completely. I dislike guys who come off as d_ickheads.

I'm shy myself, and dig shy guys. Sometimes, I can't tell if a guy is shy or just all around thrash and mean.

In order to appear confident, don't appear cocky. Embrace yourself.

Be genuine- be who you are, and strike a convo with a small joke or ask something about her that could be interesting.. whatever it is, your first few encounters need to be.. upbeat, positive, warm and friendly. (I guess also depends on the girl in mind, too). In general, keep the conversation fun and light-hearted!

Old 10-02-2014, 09:35 AM

4,290 posts, read 4,014,228 times
Practice that is all you can do , jump to street join to a hobby club. Seems you are not used to the society. Any neighbors ? Just pop up and talk.

Old 10-02-2014, 09:37 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,403,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
Hi, I'm 22 years old and am focussing on personality development for attracting women. I would like to know how I can break my shell of shyness while talking with good looking women. Often, I blush or let my huge inferiority complex trample over me, like "she's too good for me" kind of thought. This really needs to change if I'm serious in transforming into a man from an adolescent. Any tips on how I can give up on this attitude.
Start talking to women. Buy a dog, go to a dog park, talk to other owners. If you're confused at a grocery store about a dinner you're cooking, go up to some random stranger and ask them if they know anything about it.

Go sit at a bar in a city with foreign ports of call, talk to people.

Basically, just start talking to people outside of your comfort zone. Men, women, old, young, it doesn't matter. I had a perfectly good conversation with a man I never knew in my life at Waffle House the other day while waiting on a date. I love talking to strangers, hearing their stories, it always gives you something to talk about, and then I had something to talk about with my date.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships