Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2014, 09:36 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,221,780 times

Advertisements

Hi, I'm 22 years old and am focussing on personality development for attracting women. I would like to know how I can break my shell of shyness while talking with good looking women. Often, I blush or let my huge inferiority complex trample over me, like "she's too good for me" kind of thought. This really needs to change if I'm serious in transforming into a man from an adolescent. Any tips on how I can give up on this attitude.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2014, 09:37 PM

49,927 posts, read 60,001,650 times
Do you know any women in real life who you see on a regular basis?

Women who aren't related to you?

Old 10-01-2014, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Do you know any women in real life?

Women who aren't related to you?
No, that's the problem. You see, I'm way too shy picking up a conversation with women.

With guys, I have no problem. I could talk often interesting issues with men for hours on end. With women, at most I can squeak out a couple words. Why I've grown up this way, only god knows. But it isn't too late to change. How do I begin to change, that's what I want to know. How should I go about developing a different mindset. Show me the first stepping stone.

Old 10-01-2014, 09:44 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,853,519 times
Practice practice practice...

Old 10-01-2014, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
No, that's the problem. You see, I'm way too shy picking up a conversation with women.

With guys, I have no problem. I could talk often interesting issues with men for hours on end. With women, at most I can squeak out a couple words. Why I've grown up this way, only god knows. But it isn't too late to change. How do I begin to change, that's what I want to know. How should I go about developing a different mindset. Show me the first stepping stone.
You are NEVER around any women EVER???????

I am not asking if you are "seeing" women as in dating them. I am asking if you "see" women nearby during the day, at school or work.

Old 10-01-2014, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
Practice practice practice...
But one can only practice after learning how to do it, right.

Old 10-01-2014, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
You are NEVER around any women EVER???????

I am not asking if you are "seeing" women as in dating them.
That's right. I literally grew up in complete isolation when it comes to women. My parents were Isolationist and gave me zero freedom to talk with women outside my family. I've recently moved away, and am exposed to this new facet of meeting women outside my family. I don't know how to handle the situation in casual scenarios. The only women I know and talk with are mom, my cousins, and aunts.

Old 10-01-2014, 09:49 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,853,519 times
No...thats how you learn to do it. I too was once a shy and humble guy. Still am. But I can walk up and talk to anyone at anytime with no problemo. All they are is people. Just do it. It won't take long to build some confidence and before you know it...you can talk to anyone without giving it a second thought.

Old 10-01-2014, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
No...thats how you learn to do it. I too was once a shy and humble guy. Still am. But I can walk up and talk to anyone at anytime with no problemo. All they are is people. Just do it. It won't take long to build some confidence and before you know it...you can talk to anyone without giving it a second thought.
So I just go ahead and talk. I don't want to offend the other person, that's what I'm afraid of. I wont use swears, that's for sure. But men and women interpret certain phrases differently.

Old 10-01-2014, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
That's right. I literally grew up in complete isolation when it comes to women. My parents were Isolationist and gave me zero freedom to talk with women outside my family. I've recently moved away, and am exposed to this new facet of meeting women outside my family. I don't know how to handle the situation in casual scenarios. The only women I know and talk with are mom, my cousins, and aunts.
Ok, wow.

Well, the first thing I would advise is to practice talking to women you don't know in short, benign interactions with a specified ending, i.e. at the checkout counter.

For example, the next time you buy something at a store, try to get a female checkout clerk.

While she is ringing up your stuff, ask, "Has it been busy today?" Let her answer, then as you leave, say, "Well, have a great day!"

That's it.

Just do this every time you go out. It's quick and easy. The interaction is over when your transaction is over so there doesn't need to be any pressure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships