Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2014, 02:51 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,750,756 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
There should be some sort of way to build confidence.

Let me google that for you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2014, 03:33 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,226,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
I won't drink, but I don't want the traditional arranged marriage. I won't do this, but I will do that?

I don't get it. Is your religion holding you back from the world, or is it just yourself?

You are shy because you want to be shy. You feel out of place, and out of touch with the society you find yourself in. That does not mean there isn't someone out there for you, but as the saying goes, when in Rome......
If your motto is persuading me to leave my religious belief's, then I'm sorry. That just wont happen. I'll try finding someone who values my religious belief's, and I have an attraction for. I love the rich cultural background I'm a part of, and will try my level best to preserve it at a personal level.

I'm very bold in expressing my position when it comes to religious aspects. I also don't fear remaining a virgin all alone if I have to. I can take it. In most situations, the initial pain is what feels bad, but once you are used to it, then all pain becomes second nature.

Last edited by Adi from the Brunswicks; 10-03-2014 at 03:47 PM..

Old 10-03-2014, 03:41 PM

4,857 posts, read 7,619,122 times
Challenge yourself to go to a mall or somewhere and just say hi to 20 women in a day. You're not asking them out, your not even asking their name, just saying "hey" and keep on walking by. Even a smile and a nod will work.

Do this several times.

The idea of having a conversation is what's freaking you out. Never say "I'm going to talk to a girl today!" You won't, and then you'll hate yourself for not having the nerve.

Just saying hi is easy and feels like an accomplishment. That sense of accomplishment will put a bounce in your step, making it even easier to say hi to the next woman...A few months later you're having conversations, Bada bing bada boom.

(Those girls that make you nervous are just as nervous as you are. Remember that.)

Old 10-03-2014, 03:45 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,414,679 times
Quote:
If your motto is persuading me to leave my religious belief's, then I'm sorry. That just wont happen. I'll try finding someone who values my religious belief's, and I have an attraction for. I love the rich cultural background I'm a part of, and will try my level best to preserve it at a personal level.
Your religious beliefs are yours. I find it hypocritical to say you will follow one rule, and not the other.

I feel like you use this as a crutch, not a pedestal. You stop yourself from being in a social environment for your age. I have partied with Hindus, yall are great people. Nothing shy about them

Old 10-03-2014, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Your religious beliefs are yours. I find it hypocritical to say you will follow one rule, and not the other.

I feel like you use this as a crutch, not a pedestal. You stop yourself from being in a social environment for your age. I have partied with Hindus, yall are great people. Nothing shy about them
I'm getting more confidence after talking with people like you. I'll join a hindu club (just found out about it) and contribute to their religious preservation activities. That should get me involved with people my age who have similar views.

Honestly, there is something in what you say that fires me up. Thanks for the motivation .

Last edited by Adi from the Brunswicks; 10-03-2014 at 04:06 PM..

Old 10-03-2014, 04:12 PM

2,183 posts, read 2,640,989 times
Quote:
But one can only practice after learning how to do it, right.
No, you practice to learn how to do it. Also, watch other guys do it. Watch James Bond movies and study how he interacts with the women, not just what he says but how he holds himself, facial movements, his "vibe", etc.

It's a combination of things, but most of all you have to practice. Start with simple "hey there" "happy friday!" "hows everything?". It doesn't even have to go anywhere(although sometimes it will), just keep doing it consistently.

Old 10-03-2014, 04:19 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,365,602 times
Dig deep inside and find the courage to talk to these women.

aka: grow a pair

You'll find (beauty aside) they are as normal as you.

Old 10-03-2014, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
You'll find (beauty aside) they are as normal as you.
I am quite stupid compared to the average woman at my university, so that does not bode well at all.

The only thing I can do well is cook reasonably good food and housekeeping. That's all I'm fit for.

Old 10-03-2014, 04:26 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,016,606 times
You've received some good advice here. You either do it or you don't. Stop making excuses.

Old 10-03-2014, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the minx View Post
You've received some good advice here. You either do it or you don't. Stop making excuses.
I'll try my best (saying this with a heart trembling in fear and shivering hands).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships