Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2014, 09:49 AM

117 posts, read 142,371 times

Advertisements

Start talking to women, but in the beginning, I´d advise to start with the ones you don´t feel attraction to, and remember, women are people, human beings like you and me, with their own dreams, insecurities, desires, etc..all this stuff shouldn´t be that complicated.

Make it your mission to talk to at least one woman per day if you can, you´ve got no problems talking to men, remember women are human beings too, not aliens.Start doing that till you feel conversations with women are flowing more naturally, then move on to the next step.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2014, 10:04 AM

22,631 posts, read 47,774,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
Hi, I'm 22 years old and am focussing on personality development for attracting women. I would like to know how I can break my shell of shyness while talking with good looking women.
Start by talking to ALL women, not just the ones you consider good looking.

Old 10-02-2014, 10:16 AM

11,879 posts, read 14,230,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
Start by talking to ALL women, not just the ones you consider good looking.
Well, its only good looking ones (according to a personal sense), that make me shy as heck. Most other women, I'm ok with. Something about good looks makes me freeze up like a computer infected by trojan.

Old 10-02-2014, 10:27 AM

3,549 posts, read 5,382,894 times
Quote:
So I just go ahead and talk. I don't want to offend the other person, that's what I'm afraid of. I wont use swears, that's for sure. But men and women interpret certain phrases differently.
Start small. Just don't start approaching random girls in the mall. When you check out at the grocery store, shopping, wal-mart, etc. start making small talk with the cashiers. Try for female ones if you can, but you should talk to everyone. As them how their day is going today, stuff like that, etc. Go get your haircut, make it a point to have a good conversation with the woman cutting your hair.

Eventually, you will do it as habit, and then talk to everyone like that out of habit, wherever you are.

Also, remember to smile, have some enthusiasm, and make some eye contact. Not too much, and don't be dramatic, but be realistic.

Old 10-02-2014, 11:05 AM

2,826 posts, read 3,998,622 times
Quote:
Well, its only good looking ones (according to a personal sense), that make me shy as heck. Most other women, I'm ok with. Something about good looks makes me freeze up like a computer infected by trojan.
Oh, this is easy to fix. Just picture them without makeup. They will look really normal then.

Old 10-02-2014, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstan-dan View Post
Start small. Just don't start approaching random girls in the mall. When you check out at the grocery store, shopping, wal-mart, etc. start making small talk with the cashiers. Try for female ones if you can, but you should talk to everyone. As them how their day is going today, stuff like that, etc. Go get your haircut, make it a point to have a good conversation with the woman cutting your hair.

Eventually, you will do it as habit, and then talk to everyone like that out of habit, wherever you are.

Also, remember to smile, have some enthusiasm, and make some eye contact. Not too much, and don't be dramatic, but be realistic.
I'm ok talking with most elderly women (around mom's age). I have no issues striking up an interesting conversation.

I end up learning something new after talking with them, and at this stage I'm always open to expanding my general knowledge. They also don't have the intimidating looks factor to freeze me up, so its all good and ends up being an effective talk.

Old 10-02-2014, 03:27 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,420,633 times
In the words of Bluto from animal house,

"My advice to you, is to start drinking heavily"

Old 10-02-2014, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
In the words of Bluto from animal house,

"My advice to you, is to start drinking heavily"
I don't drink and am Vegetarian due to religious constraints. Here is typically what I eat:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...eg_Cuisine.JPG

Ok, now this link has me hungry like a bear .

Old 10-02-2014, 03:32 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,420,633 times
Quote:
I'd rather not:
  1. Its against my religious belief's
  2. I'd gain weight, which is pointless because I've worked quite hard to lose weight. I'm 5'10" and 172 lb right now, and want to remain at that.
I'm 6'4" and around 200lbs. I drink, I drink beer. I have six pack abs and a well defined chest.

It won't make you fat.

Your religion is your business. Jesus drank wine, and even Muslims believe Jesus was a prophet. I like bacon also.

Alcohol is called a social lubricant for a reason.

Old 10-02-2014, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Your religion is your business. Jesus drank wine, and even Muslims believe Jesus was a prophet. I like bacon also.

Alcohol is called a social lubricant for a reason.
Well, you skipped out hinduism which heavily taboo's drinking for families which descended from priests (like ours). Other groups in hinduism have the freedom to drink, but we don't. The money which goes for drinking must be donated to temple trusts in our case.

And sorry, I refuse to accept it as a social lubricant in my case.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships