Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2014, 06:37 PM

5,110 posts, read 3,099,202 times

Advertisements

Okay thanks. I already told her this though in person after, and we talked about it today. She's fine with it. But even though I talked to her about it in person now, is she actually fine, or is she still just manipulating?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2014, 06:53 PM

37,808 posts, read 46,333,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironpony View Post
Okay thanks. I already told her this though in person after, and we talked about it today. She's fine with it. But even though I talked to her about it in person now, is she actually fine, or is she still just manipulating?
Do you seriously think that anyone in THIS FORUM would know that?

You really have a problem here. Stop second-guessing crap. Just say it, do it, and be done with it. STOP OVERTHINKING THIS!

Old 10-07-2014, 07:03 PM

Well I am asking based on what you have been told before, but yes there is no way you can guess that. I told her that I am think I am have let out all my opinions of what I think I should do with my money and if she brings up any issues with me not spending enough on her again, I am leaving her.

I don't know if threatening her was the best way, but I do love her and have to be certain if we should break up. I don't know if threatening to break up was the best thing to say to her. Maybe she will take it seriously, or maybe it will make it worse.

Old 10-07-2014, 07:10 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,261,857 times
Like I said, your relationship is between her and you. Please start trying to think on your own. All we have to go on is what you are telling us. We don't know her. We don't know you. At some point in time you are going to have to make your own decisions and have your own relationship.

Old 10-07-2014, 10:49 PM

Well I guess maybe my text message maybe wasn't the best, and perhaps I could give her one more chance. But if she brings up any one more thing about me not spending enough money on her, i will leave her.

Old 10-07-2014, 10:55 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,884,767 times
Quote:
Well I guess maybe my text message maybe wasn't the best, and perhaps I could give her one more chance. But if she brings up any one more thing about me not spending enough money on her, i will leave her.
Unless you keep finding excuses not to.

Old 10-07-2014, 11:01 PM

277 posts, read 330,944 times
Quote:
Okay thanks. But she reacted quite harshly, and said that other women's boyfriend do it at the table, so I shouldn't have a problem with it. And she is quite pissed off now, now that I said I was not I was not going to pay for the upcoming birthday. She said that I not invited to any more functions, and she expects me to pay cause I "can afford it and other boyfriends do it too" as she puts it.
Please, please break up with this woman... My head hurts reading your posts. This woman is selfish, immature and does not respect you.

My word, man - please free yourself.

Old 10-07-2014, 11:12 PM

Well she is now saying that I brought the issue with an attitude problem, rather than bringing it up nicely. I also brought it up in a text instead of just talking to her, which maybe I should have, like I was told to on here.

So maybe the problem was my attitude. She said everything is fine now, and I don't have to go to anymore. So if that's true, and everything is fine, then what is there to break up over. Of course if it's not actually fine, then that's a different story. Is it possible she wasn't being selfish, and she only took my meal payments, because I payed, and didn't contest it much before? Maybe she wasn't being selfish, and just accepted me paying because I accepted the invitations said that me paying was okay before?

Old 10-07-2014, 11:15 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,884,767 times
Quote:
Well she is now saying that I brought the issue with an attitude problem, rather than bringing it up nicely. I also brought it up in a text instead of just talking to her, which maybe I should have, like I was told to on here.

So maybe the problem was my attitude. She said everything is fine now, and I don't have to go to anymore. So if that's true, and everything is fine, then what is there to break up over. Of course if it's not actually fine, then that's a different story.
Don't hold your breath for it to turn out to be fine.

Wait and see. Good luck. Maybe against all odds, things will work out. If they don't, we'll be here.

Old 10-08-2014, 06:06 PM

Okay thanks. So are other women not like this then? I have had four gilfriends so far, and three of them always wanted me to pay for these things, so I just thought it was normal from the previous four. It was only my second who always payed her own way and never asked me too. So does that mean that on average, most women are like that, and the chances of finding one that are not are slimmer therefore?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships