Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2014, 06:23 PM

2,365 posts, read 2,149,907 times

Advertisements

I think she is getting away with this because you havent bothered to learn anything about Chilean culture on your own. Google it.

You will see mistakes you have made, and untruths she has been using to manipulate you and your wallet.

She sounds more like a traditional Iggy Azalea character, than a traditional and customary Chilean to me. "Never turn down nothin'..." ~ Fancy

Send her a plastic knife in a Farewell card, and move on to someone that deserves your attention.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2014, 06:24 PM

5,110 posts, read 3,074,213 times
Well perhaps I should either break up, or tell her that I am not paying from now on, in which case I am not invited to any more functions, and we are still together though.

Old 10-04-2014, 06:25 PM

52,288 posts, read 52,723,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConeyGirl52 View Post
I think she is getting away with this because you havent bothered to learn anything about Chilean culture on your own. Google it.

You will see mistakes you have made, and untruths she has been using to manipulate you and your wallet.

She sounds more like a traditional Iggy Azalea character, than a traditional and customary Chilean to me.

Send her a plastic knife in a Farewell card, and move on to someone that deserves your attention.
I suspect our OP is a wallower type and just wants to keep sniveling about his issues.... most men when presented with information make decisions, move forward, and don't keep vacillating about it.

Old 10-04-2014, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironpony View Post
Well perhaps I should either break up, or tell her that I am not paying from now on, in which case I am not invited to any more functions, and we are still together though.
If thats what you are willing to settle for, always looking over your shoulder for a scam doesnt sound like much of a relationship to me, but that's up to you.

Good luck!

Old 10-04-2014, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I suspect our OP is a wallower type and just wants to keep sniveling about his issues.... most men when presented with information make decisions, move forward, and don't keep vacillating about it.
You may well be right.

Old 10-04-2014, 06:31 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,866,029 times
Quote:
You may still be together, but I bet she won't be happy. If you chose that route, you'll probably be back here in a month or two, complaining that she's resentful with you for your decision. But definitely you should try it, if you're not willing to take more radical action.

It seems like she's hitting you when you're down, though. You're unemployed and trying to get by on savings, and she holds that against you, and excludes you from social activities? With a "loved one" like that, who needs enemies?

Old 10-04-2014, 06:33 PM

5,110 posts, read 3,074,213 times
Well I fell in love with her before I found this out about her so it's hard to break up, since I love her.

Old 10-04-2014, 06:35 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,771,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Well...

If the OP is like this and continues to complain in a whining or tearful way, then his replies will not be taken seriously... especially if he does not make a concrete decision about exactly what he wants to do about the entire situation and follows through with his intentions.

Old 10-04-2014, 06:37 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,771,470 times
Quote:
Well I fell in love with her before I found this out about her so it's hard to break up, since I love her.
Time for the two of you to take a break so you can figure out exactly what you want to do about the entire situation. While the two of you are taking a break, no contact with her.

If she contacts you, do not return the favor.

Old 10-04-2014, 06:38 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,866,029 times
Quote:
She's not the person you thought she was. When you fell in love with her, you didn't know she'd be callous and indifferent to you when the chips are down, instead of trying to help you any way she can. And you didn't know she'd lie to try to get what she wanted.

But, suit yourself. Just be aware that this is what you've chosen for your life. You can't complain to anyone if it gets worse over time or in marriage, because you're choosing this for yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships