Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2014, 09:39 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,923,196 times

Advertisements

You can never depend on this guy. For him, the grass will always be greener on the other side of the fence. Cut him off completely and instead be thankful that you found out before you married and had kids with this guy.

Old 10-08-2014, 09:40 PM

6 posts, read 35,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
He's a jerk, however, you're the one to blame for all this confusion for allowing him back into your life. Sorry, if thats harsh, but its the truth.
I know :/ I just love him which is an awful excuse but there it is.

I want back what we used to have but that doesn't exist anymore. Also, I have been enjoying the attention and compliments from him. It makes me feel special to him again. It's all so disgusting I know. But mostly awful and heartbreaking

Old 10-08-2014, 09:44 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,120,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KimberlyAnn View Post

I want back what we used to have but that doesn't exist anymore. Also, I have been enjoying the attention and compliments from him. It makes me feel special to him again. It's all so disgusting I know. But mostly awful and heartbreaking
its a normal reaction.~ but the bolded is the truth of the situation.

If I were you, I'd wonder if we never ran into each other if any of this would be happening.

Old 10-08-2014, 09:48 PM

3,166 posts, read 3,362,200 times
sweetie, I strongly urge you block this dude outta your life. He's a cowboy casanova and all hes goona do is bring u tears and heartache. Run, Girl, Run. U deserve better.

Old 10-08-2014, 09:50 PM

7,081 posts, read 8,950,769 times
Cut off any and all contact with this loser, for the five years he was with you he did not believe in marriage but was able to turn around and marry someone else, major red flag.

I made the mistake of giving someone a second chance, Things will be different this time, I promise is one of the biggest lies in the book and will only keep you away from a good person.

Old 10-08-2014, 09:50 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,351,403 times
Quote:

You're just not over him (totally understandable) but if you pursue this, you're in for more heartache.

You need time to heal without him in your life. I highly suggest, never contacting him again and move forward. We all have a limited time to live, dont waste anymore on that douchebag.

Old 10-08-2014, 10:27 PM

1,823 posts, read 2,846,992 times
Quote:

Think of it this way: Every time you enjoy the attention or compliments he gives you, he is WINNING. Why? Because all he cares about is HIMSELF, not you. He's essentially using you as narcissistic supply, an ego stroke, while he has no intention of actually being GOOD to you.

Do you really want to let yourself be affected by him? Do you WANT to let him win?

Realize that this isn't love to him, this is a game. So make sure he DOESN'T win it.

Old 10-08-2014, 10:31 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,266,619 times
Quote:
No and you are absolutely right. The whole thing has shook me because I never expected to hear from him again. I thought he was happy and that began to make me happy.

Why do you care if he is happy?
He is a cheater and a liar and his happiness or unhappiness is not your concern.
Get away from this guy completely, no lunch dates to "catch up", no texting, nothing more than a cordial hello if you run into him then move on.

YOU are making yourself miserable at this point, he has nothing to do with it because you have allowed him to continue to control your feelings and now he is trying to control the rest of your life and guess what, he is.
Since you are allowing his contact to affect you so much he has already won yet again whether you get back together with him or not.

Old 10-09-2014, 12:25 AM

4,078 posts, read 5,417,800 times
He's married. End of story.

Old 10-09-2014, 02:02 AM

9,471 posts, read 10,812,644 times
First no you are not a loser, however you have allowed someone to knock you down. Now its time to get back up, and not allow him to use you as a doormat. Some facts about this guy that can be seen from your post.

1. He was not happy with the relationship when he left. What has changed now??? Is he finding his wife wont be his doormat either, or is he just fickle.

2 He is WILLING TO CHEAT ON HIS WIFE. This is a big one, cause if he will cheat on her, he will cheat on any woman he is with. This is a tired old saying but Ill repeat it anyway. "Once a cheater always a cheater"

Maybe it is time to find someone who is worth your time. I bet you can do better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.