Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2014, 04:30 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,740,695 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
Yeah, but I just ignore his posts. He's such a controller when it comes to women, an attitude which I detest.
A controller? LOL. He can't even talk to a female human without wetting his pants.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2014, 04:52 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,207,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickenPox View Post
I hope you are right! Otherwise it would be quite disturbing, as, according to most men who post on this forum, women in America should stay at home, shouldn't pursue a career and stay a virgin until marriage. That's so old fashioned and reactionary.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
You left out that they need to be financially independent too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Not to mention, they must also force themselves to be attracted to short, bald, autistic dudes with misogynistic tendencies. And if they aren't they are *******.

Better get right on that, gals.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickenPox View Post
Yes, and when they are over 30 and still single, they are worthless assets. Because everybody knows that a woman is only a human being when she is married and has several children. A woman who is not married or in a relationship with a man is always desperate and has tons of cats.

Old 10-14-2014, 05:31 PM

281 posts, read 327,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osito View Post
I see more heavy chicks with boyfriends and husbands than skinnies like myself.
Boobs.

Old 10-14-2014, 06:22 PM

1,917 posts, read 1,281,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
In my opinion, I agree. It's really hard to meet women these days. Ime, women have mean looks on their faces whenever I go into public or work. Why would I approach a woman who doesn't want to be talked to?
+1 Im kinda with you on that one. Then those are the same women that get on facebook and b**** about being single. Most women I see in public have nasty looks on their faces.

But to the OP, the appearance factor doesn't play a role in it(obesity, tattoos, etc). There is a buyer for every product.

Old 10-14-2014, 06:24 PM

31,086 posts, read 22,101,630 times
"There is no doubt that dating is harder these days "
Dating is easy. Finding someone who meets even 1/2 my criteria is difficult.

Old 10-14-2014, 06:27 PM

1,917 posts, read 1,281,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleur View Post
I'd be content with finding a woman who I can blissfully grow and share my life with. I want her to be independent and into her own hobbies and lifestyle, but we will share some as well. She shouldn't rely too heavily on me, because that would indicate to me that she'd be too needy and controlling. Also, she'd have to be open-minded and willing to explore life with me. Our relationship would revolve around mutual respect, communication, and empathy. It would not be a relationship where one person overwhelmingly takes care of the other. It would be a partnership where we boost each other when we're down and inspire and challenge one another to excel in life and become a better person.
In a perfect world Lafleur, in a perfect world. LOL. This is what partnership is supposed to be, but nowdays......

Old 10-14-2014, 06:30 PM

4,005 posts, read 4,108,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Until all of those who have trouble dating figure out that the physical attributes only last so long and are not important dating troubles will be continuous throughout the entire dating life.
Exactly. The older people get the more EVERYONE'S body changes. A person needs to realize that HIS/HER body is going to wrinkle, sag, slow, hurt, soften, etc., just like those he/she is looking down on.

Old 10-14-2014, 06:33 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,744,394 times
Dating is only hard for the socially impaired. Normal people don't seem to have much of an issue other than the fact they may have to wait awhile. Heck even butt ugly people with decent social skills can find a date.

Old 10-14-2014, 06:47 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,887,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
Obesity doesn't really take anybody off the market.

A huge part of this nation is overweight, it is widely accepted or desired (I have been called too skinny and sick looking in VA, for example) and I see lots of overweight people who have loving partners.
I know there's data about people putting on weight after marrying, which probably applies to other committed relationships. I could cite surveys and studies, but common sense should be enough - overweight people are less desirable, especially among age groups where it's probably unnatural and more people are looking to enter into relationships.

In other words, the obesity epidemic is making things harder. And like another thread pointed out, it inflates the value of slimmer women. (Meanwhile, the probably false claim about acne was ignored.)

My frustration isn't much about the same old topics and people behind them, but rather the refusal of people to agree on problems and offer some hope for improving the dating scene.

Old 10-14-2014, 06:50 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,744,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
My frustration isn't much about the same old topics and people behind them, but rather the refusal of people to agree on problems and offer some hope for improving the dating scene.
Good grief, you make the dating scene sound like a disaster zone that we all need to come together to find a solution for. That's just ridiculous. The dating scene is made up of individuals, all of whom you have no control whatsoever over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships