Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2014, 09:38 AM

8,170 posts, read 6,036,420 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Kids (by two different dads) and no college degree. Would not touch no matter what else seemed to be going right. Not at that age. Maybe at 50.
Well I don't post that my kids have different fathers. I can't change that I have kids.

I have a professional job that most people have degrees to do. I just happen to have years of experience and never got the degree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2014, 09:39 AM

545 posts, read 632,503 times
get your dads to raise the kids so you can pretend they don't exist.

Old 10-29-2014, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbiePoster View Post
Although a rare few people say they've had good luck on POF, they said it took tons of weeding through the riff-raff. Most people say it's a cesspool. Before you resort to outright lying (I can see why you'd want to), try a paid site, just to see if things improve. You owe it to yourself.
I was thinking match.com. Maybe I will do that in jan for 6 months.

I have tried to meet people at the grocery store and out and about. My friends have not suggested any single friends so that has not been a lead. Coworkers are not an option at this point either.

Old 10-29-2014, 09:42 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,974,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
Well I don't post that my kids have different fathers. I can't change that I have kids.

I have a professional job that most people have degrees to do. I just happen to have years of experience and never got the degree.

And that's fine. But almost everyone I know with a college degree wants another person with a college degree, it's a cultural thing. It has nothing to do with earnings or the job.

And a 30 something good guy generally isn't going to want a ready made family. It also tells me, or would at that age, that the woman made some bad bad decisions. We all, or many of us, make bad decisions around then. I did. But not ones that stay with us for life, other than a dumb tribal tattoo or something.

Another huge red flag re kids: if you mention that the father is not in the kids life and try to promote it as there is no "daddy drama" because of it as a positive... it isn't a positive. It's a flag that you made a really bad choice. I'm older and I'll date, and have dated, women with kids, but if the father isn't in the picture I'm not touching that situation.

Old 10-29-2014, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OvernightDelivery View Post
get your dads to raise the kids so you can pretend they don't exist.
Impossible. One is dead and one is mentally unstable, court decided.

Old 10-29-2014, 09:56 AM

Quote:
And that's fine. But almost everyone I know with a college degree wants another person with a college degree, it's a cultural thing. It has nothing to do with earnings or the job.

And a 30 something good guy generally isn't going to want a ready made family. It also tells me, or would at that age, that the woman made some bad bad decisions. We all, or many of us, make bad decisions around then. I did. But not ones that stay with us for life, other than a dumb tribal tattoo or something.

Another huge red flag re kids: if you mention that the father is not in the kids life and try to promote it as there is no "daddy drama" because of it as a positive... it isn't a positive. It's a flag that you made a really bad choice. I'm older and I'll date, and have dated, women with kids, but if the father isn't in the picture I'm not touching that situation.
I would still be with my second childs father. He left me. I cant control what he chose.

Ironically my first marriage broke up because, he did not love me in a marriage sort of way. It was a loveless marriage. At the time it seemed like a good idea to go out and find love, instead of waiting for him to love me. Should have just stayed with him, but cant go back.

Old 10-29-2014, 10:16 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,345,504 times
Quote:

Why is the 30-40 crowd so awful? I mean like the single guys are losers or really damaged and untrusting of women in general.
Yup, we're pretty f-up, dickless and useless, Lol

Old 10-30-2014, 02:30 PM

213 posts, read 252,592 times
Quote:
I don't want to have any more kids, so who ever I end up with needs to be ok with not parenting their own children. If they do not already have them.
Good luck. You just narrowed your "choice" down to basically 0%.

No man in the world is going to father another man's child without one for himself. It goes against basic biology and frankly is quite revolting and insulting.

Now you mentioned Match.com. It is true that the choices there are much, much better than POF/OKCupid. Free sites are generally a cesspool of human failure and terrible choices.

But your standards are still way too high. 2 kids, 35 years old, don't want another kid? What kind of self respecting guy would go for that?

You're better off just raising your two kids with love and care and stop worrying about relationships. Seriously, it's unhealthy.

Old 10-30-2014, 02:42 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,976,767 times
Quote:
That is far from what I am seeing.

Half are recently separated or divorced, have three kids, irate over paying child support and still fighting for custody and visitation.

Another group is covered in tattoos and piercings. Some live at home and have never had adult responsibilities. Some still are recreational drug users. Like seriously you have not outgrown that yet?

many have still not figured out what they want to do when they grow up so they are still working retail and as cooks in restaurants.
I can agree to that. The 35-45 SINGLE male crowd is bad.

They have the following issues:

a) want a 21 year old cuz they want children. and the younger, the better
b) still work dead end jobs and complain about it but don't take action
c) are still not over their ex
d) still fiddle around not knowing what they want career wise
e) still think they are the best catch and want women out of their league
f) have too many young kids
g) crazy exes that are on their mind
h) completely broke for any reason thats out there, might not even be their fault
i) can't handle their money
j) are drug addicts or recovering
k) refuse to grow up
l) too many weird or bad habits
m) still play video games 24/7
n) can't hold a conversation cuz they are too busy with theid ADD, ADH, ...
o) are not interested in sex
p) are only interested in sex
q) lose interest if it doesn't happen on date 3
r) have too many hobbies to even have time
s) don't realize that buddies are cool, but a gf has priority
t) still have 5 roomies
u) never had a real relationship before and need to be guided
v) still live with mommy

Old 10-30-2014, 02:49 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,976,767 times
Quote:
They're not. This is when the guys start getting serious. They've finished undergrad and probably grad school, they've started to become established in their career path, and they're looking to meet other single educated women that are at similar places educationally and in their professional careers to meet and potentially start families with.
Thats what you would think. Been on any OLD in the last two years??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships