Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2014, 01:15 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,725,991 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
Did they act like they were doing you a favor?

Just curious. That happens a lot.
Mmmm I don't think so.

They were displaying false sincerity, pretending to be interested, and being abnormally nice to me, tell tale signs they wanted something from me.

Lol I'm awful, I don't trust anyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2014, 01:21 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,207,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Amen. The guys here judging her and dismissing her based on her physical appearance are no better than that 8th grade bully.

Grow up! This is why you get nowhere with women.
It's just more of that crappy worldview that women's bodies are public property to be commented on. If one doesn't agree with how she handled it, one needs only to say, "I don't agree with how she handled it because I feel it was immature/vindictive/pick an adjective."

The minute they comment on her looks, you know that they are basing the appropriateness of her actions on whether they are attracted to her--which is hilarious considering that the ones who do this tend to be the very same ones who natter on about how shallow a woman is if she passes them over in favor of someone taller, better built, or better-looking.

It also paints them as the kind of guy who would forgive a woman for bad behavior as long as they find her hot. But hey, maybe we should thank them for that, because I'm convinced that pursuing hot women who behave badly is a good part of what keeps CD-R in business when these guys then come on here and complain about gold-diggers and cheating beyotches who work them over. As you say, "Let me guess: She was hot?"

Old 12-06-2014, 01:27 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,207,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
Mmmm I don't think so.

They were displaying false sincerity, pretending to be interested, and being abnormally nice to me, tell tale signs they wanted something from me.

I wouldn't say that. You have good reason not to trust people like that. They were jerks to you before, they'll be jerks to you again.

Reason I asked if they acted like they were doing you a favor is that sometimes people like that have it somewhere in the back of their peabrains that they are somehow still "above" the Ugly Girl in the social pecking order, even if she's now gorgeous, so they ask on the assumption that she'll say yes because they're a step up for her.

Old 12-06-2014, 02:39 PM

3,452 posts, read 4,620,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Amen. The guys here judging her and dismissing her based on her physical appearance are no better than that 8th grade bully.

Grow up! This is why you get nowhere with women.

LMBO.....

What you call joking is actually an honest opinion.

I haven't seen a picture of this young lady.

But guys on this thread have every right to call her unattractive if they want.

If she really was as happy as she claims to be....she would be out somewhere spending time with a good man.

She wouldn't have time or desire to waste hours of her life writing a letter to a man that gave her a hard time years ago.

She obviously is still wounded from the experience.

Old 12-06-2014, 03:17 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,194,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
Mmmm I don't think so.

Same for me. Had a guy who kicked me, insulted me, and made me cry. Then around another year later, he sees me, and wants a hug, then acts impressed with my body. Yeah right

Same for another guy who said another girl looked much better than I did, and I that I needed to be jealous of her. The 2nd guy I used to like, until then. Same for a 3rd guy, who agreed with the 2nd guy, yet still seem to act flirty toward me. Though one boy who used to bully and pick on me, I found out from my mother than he killed himself. I felt sorry for his family. Losing a loved one is terrible. Something I hate for anyone.

So, I would pay no mind to anyone I went to HS with, unless it was a decent acquaintance. I would have loved to have the chance this girl did. But alas. lol But moving on, and never seeing them again works too. because I doubt I will.

Old 12-06-2014, 03:48 PM

1,423 posts, read 1,394,984 times
Lesson here: be kind to all girls, you never know when that "ugly duckling" can turn into a beautiful swan princess.

Old 12-06-2014, 08:05 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,017,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundNinia View Post
good riddance, I am sorry but someone that holds on to anger and resentment for years is not someone I would want to date anyway...and she is not that attractive, js.
Bullying, especially in childhood, goes deep. I doubt this woman has been frothing in anger her entire adult life over this; however, this person put himself back on her memory map by approaching her. So she told him off, short and sweet.

Old 12-06-2014, 08:08 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,017,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skywalker2014 View Post
Lesson here: be kind to all girls, you never know when that "ugly duckling" can turn into a beautiful swan princess.
Actually, the lesson should be: don't be a crass jerk to anybody...even if, God forbid, that person doesn't turn into a beautiful swan princess. Because it hurts the person.

It should really be that simple. No future "beautiful princess" payoff required.

Old 12-06-2014, 08:18 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skywalker2014 View Post
Yes, and what that type of guy is missing is that she's still the same person that she was in 8th grade. By which I mean, she still has the same values, probably some of the same quirky, creative personality that lead her to dress unconventionally in Middle School, the same sensitivity, the same smarts or geekiness. It's not just about the outward packaging, there's a whole inner world to be discovered in women. The guy could have enjoyed her personality, wit, creativity, and other positive qualities through their years at school, he didn't have to wait until she morphed into a cute blonde to try to get to know her.

Good of him to give her that apology, though.

Old 12-06-2014, 08:31 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,886,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montanaguy04 View Post
Woman Writes Powerful Note To Childhood Bully Who Later Asked Her Out

Whether you are male or female I think we can relate. Someone that either made fun of you or completely ignored you and later asks you out because you have changed. For the ones that don't want to click here is her note cut and pasted.

This is what the note she left him said.

Hey [blank],

So sorry I can’t join you tonight.

Remember year 8, when I was fat and you made fun of my weight? No? I do – I spent the following three years eating less than an apple a day. So I’ve decided to skip dinner.

Remember the monobrow you mocked?

The hairy legs you were disgusted by? Remember how every day for three years, you and your friends called me Manbeast? No perhaps you don’t – or you wouldn’t have seen how I look eight years later and deemed me ****able enough to treat me like a human being.

I thought I’d send you this as a reminder. Next time you think of me, picture that girl in this photo, because she’s the one who just stood you up.

Louisa.
So she has been in the control of that this many years? Revenege rarely really satisfies or makes up for the years thinking about it and what it does to a person; IMO.A least it seems to have gotten her attention and motivated her to lose. Likely the other party moved on then and this time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships