Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2014, 10:46 PM

783 posts, read 850,152 times

Advertisements

Woman Writes Powerful Note To Childhood Bully Who Later Asked Her Out

Whether you are male or female I think we can relate. Someone that either made fun of you or completely ignored you and later asks you out because you have changed. For the ones that don't want to click here is her note cut and pasted.

This is what the note she left him said.

Hey [blank],

So sorry I can’t join you tonight.

Remember year 8, when I was fat and you made fun of my weight? No? I do – I spent the following three years eating less than an apple a day. So I’ve decided to skip dinner.

Remember the monobrow you mocked?

The hairy legs you were disgusted by? Remember how every day for three years, you and your friends called me Manbeast? No perhaps you don’t – or you wouldn’t have seen how I look eight years later and deemed me ****able enough to treat me like a human being.

I thought I’d send you this as a reminder. Next time you think of me, picture that girl in this photo, because she’s the one who just stood you up.

Louisa.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2014, 11:16 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,194,363 times
Good for her. Yeah, that would definitely be something I would love to do to the guys who teased me in HS.

Ah well. But nice to see some people come out on top after bullying/teasing. Not everyone has that luck.

Last edited by HappyRain; 12-05-2014 at 11:26 PM..

Old 12-05-2014, 11:30 PM

4,857 posts, read 7,614,057 times
Most bullies are some of the most quietly self loathing people you'll ever meet. Understand that about them, even take some satisfaction in that, and move on with your life.

Old 12-05-2014, 11:30 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,017,046 times
Ha ha, awesome. Go Louisa.

Old 12-05-2014, 11:41 PM

336 posts, read 442,171 times
good riddance, I am sorry but someone that holds on to anger and resentment for years is not someone I would want to date anyway...and she is not that attractive, js.

Old 12-06-2014, 12:05 AM

4,523 posts, read 3,408,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundNinia View Post
good riddance, I am sorry but someone that holds on to anger and resentment for years is not someone I would want to date anyway...and she is not that attractive, js.
Even if the bully has changed, you don't think she deserved to get a shot in for the way he had treated her a decade ago?

Did the guy even know who she was when he asked her out? He didn't even apologize to her or anything.

Old 12-06-2014, 12:08 AM

4,575 posts, read 5,194,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker11356 View Post
Even if the bully has changed, you don't think she deserved to get a shot in for the way he had treated her a decade ago?

Did the guy even know who she was when he asked her out? He didn't even apologize to her or anything.
Well he did reply and apologize, and she says it's too late, but is nice she got one. You have to read the link to see.

I don't really see it as being bitter myself. So much as he wasn't nice to her, caused her alot of trouble, and basically she doesn't want to see and interact with him, just move on after saying what she had to say. But I don't think that has to mean she seethed in hatred or had visions about him all those years later. Just more of "You made my time hell, and I don't want to be bothered with you"

Old 12-06-2014, 12:39 AM

15,080 posts, read 20,481,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montanaguy04 View Post
Woman Writes Powerful Note To Childhood Bully Who Later Asked Her Out

Whether you are male or female I think we can relate. Someone that either made fun of you or completely ignored you and later asks you out because you have changed. For the ones that don't want to click here is her note cut and pasted.

This is what the note she left him said.

Hey [blank],

So sorry I can’t join you tonight.

Remember year 8, when I was fat and you made fun of my weight? No? I do – I spent the following three years eating less than an apple a day. So I’ve decided to skip dinner.

Remember the monobrow you mocked?

The hairy legs you were disgusted by? Remember how every day for three years, you and your friends called me Manbeast? No perhaps you don’t – or you wouldn’t have seen how I look eight years later and deemed me ****able enough to treat me like a human being.

I thought I’d send you this as a reminder. Next time you think of me, picture that girl in this photo, because she’s the one who just stood you up.

Louisa.
His response was good. He acknowledged what he had done and apologized.

Quote:
Hey… For what it’s worth, I was actually here to meet up looking for a chance to meet up looking to make friends, not because you are very good looking.
I guess I had it coming though, and certainly don’t blame you for standing me up.
I can’t change who I was 8 years ago, and I won’t insult your intelligence by pretending that it didn’t happen, but I hope you believe me when I say I’m a completely different person now.
I can only apologise and wish you the very best.
I guess I won’t hear from you again but I mean it when I say that I hope you have every success you deserve.
Hopefully, both will be able to move on (not necessarily separately) and leave it in the past.

[and not allow the anger to drive them into the ground]

Old 12-06-2014, 12:45 AM

8,011 posts, read 8,212,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundNinia View Post
Let me guess, bully?

Old 12-06-2014, 12:49 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,758,476 times
This woman basically wasted a lot of energy to set up a whole stunt to get back at someone who picked on her 8 years ago, humiliating him and stooping to his level 8 years ago. I think she did him a favor by rejecting him. Someone who would spend this amount of energy getting revenge for something that basically a child did to them years ago will not make a good romantic partner whenever you make a mistake and do them wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships