Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2015, 01:38 PM

3,549 posts, read 5,379,395 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by usamathman View Post
Nothing sexier than a woman that could care less about a ring and just wants to be in the company of her man.
I feel like some men/women don't want to wear rings for the reasoning that they like to appear single or not married... In fact, I get that vibe by most that don't wear them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2015, 01:59 PM

468 posts, read 484,094 times
I don't want Engagement ring or Marriage ring.
My BF bought us matching simple band rings, he called it 'commitment' ring. He always wear it, and I wear it too. But we not married though, we not even engaged.

If we one day in the future we do get engage or married; this will be our ring, no need to buy other rings.
But marriage or not don't matter. His whole asset is his car and clothes, I'm poor too.

And to a poor couple, there nothing to gain or benefit from marriage, it not like I can get half of his asset. Okay, even if I did, it will be half of his car, and half of his clothes, lol
If his heart is with me, it will stay with me. Marriage is just a piece of paper to 2 people both are poor.

Old 01-03-2015, 02:55 PM

48,540 posts, read 34,891,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon_fly_12 View Post
Ace_TX wanted to hear an explanation, that that is my version. I'm female, and if I were to be involved with someone again, I'd take a ring and lose the wedding for that reason. However, a ring is not even necessary for me. You and I are saying the same thing, we're just saying it differently.
Sorry about that!
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 01-03-2015, 09:34 PM

6,143 posts, read 7,560,854 times
I just wear a simple wedding band. We looked for an engagement ring but I didn't see anything I liked well enough to justify spending the money. After we got married, I was given a small diamond ring that has been in his family for many years. I don't wear it often (I have a hard time with rings fitting), but I love it and I don't want anything else.

Old 01-04-2015, 08:54 AM

Since this is a ring thread, so question:
Is there such thing called "Committment ring"?
Or is my BF is just a freak?

I heard of promise ring, engagement ring, wedding ring. But who in their right mind would call a 'committment ring'?

Last edited by ishe; 01-04-2015 at 09:10 AM..

Old 01-04-2015, 08:56 AM

39,239 posts, read 27,629,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FindTheCure View Post
How do men feel about women who don't want engagement rings?

Is it a turn off (since it's an unconventional method)?
I have to admit that I am not an "engagement ring" person. Eventually, I would want a wedding ring, but engagement ring seems unnecessary. To me, at least. I can only speak for myself.

I was engaged once, he bought me a ring which was gorgeous. I told him specifically that I wanted that as my wedding ring, and he was okay with that. Well, he died eventually, and i returned the ring to his family members.

To me, people who are "engaged" won't necessarily become husband and wife. So no.

Old 01-04-2015, 09:00 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,606,010 times
Jewelry can symbolize whatever you want it to symbolize. I'd probably want to know what type of commitment the giver intends for it to symbolize, though, since he's pretty specifically not choosing to call it any of the names that indicate a legal commitment or an eventual legal commitment.

Old 01-04-2015, 09:08 AM

My BF, he buy a pair of matching band ring, he called them 'committment rings'.
He wore the ring 24/7 on his hand. So he pretty much he put a ring on his own finger, telling everybody that he’s taken.

He haven't propose to me yet, but he said many times that "If you want, we can go registered for marriage tomorrow."
I didn't take those words as a proposal.
We're a poor couple living in the ghetto though, his whole asset is just his car and clothes. I'm poor myself too, maybe he wants me to be the one to decided when I'm ready to get married?

Is there such thing called "Committment ring"?

Old 01-04-2015, 09:12 AM

39,239 posts, read 27,629,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ishe View Post
My BF, he buy a pair of matching band ring, he called it rings to show his 'committment'. So I guess it is 'committment rings' by his definition.
He wore the ring 24/7 on his hand. So he pretty much he put a ring on his own finger, telling everybody that he’s taken.

He haven't propose to me yet, but he said many times that "If you want, we can go registered for marriage tomorrow."
I didn't take those words as a proposal.
We're a poor couple living in the ghetto though, his whole asset is just his car and clothes. I'm poor myself too, maybe he wants me to be the one to decided when I'm ready to get married?
I think at this moment, you two need a solid life plan first and foremost before getting married. Just my .02.

bolded He sounds like a decent man. (judging by the bolded and the bolded alone.)

Old 01-04-2015, 09:17 AM

lilyflower3191981,
We not getting married, he have not propose to me yet. So there won't be any marriage soon. I'm still waiting his proposal.

We have plans, we both have jobs and we saving up. I am Financial Independent remember? I got my own money in my saving.
And regards moving out of the ghetto, we not in a hurry. We don't have kids, the environment doesn't effect 2 grown adults who knows what right and wrong is.

And he have a full time job, he works his butt of 6 days a week. He just went to work last night.
He doesn't hang out with his street friend often neither, it a once in a while thing.
His everyday thing is work, and go to the Gym when he have time.

And Yup, he wore the ring 24/7, he have a physical labor job though so maybe he took the ring off when he at work when he carried heavy stuff;
but other than that it always on his finger. So I'm pretty secure regarding to his 'committment'
I hope he officially propose soon, like officially say the proposal words. Not the "If you want, we can go registered for marriage tomorrow." blah blah

But I know him 4 years already, going on 5 years. And I been through alot with him here, it wasn't a smooth ride for us. By now he should know if I'm the right girl for him.

Yup he is decent, that is why I don't listen to anyone negative comments calling him a "Ghetto Thug"
He knows I do alot for him too, I pretty much cater his every needs. I guess what I do is worth it afterall, at least I get his committment.

Last edited by ishe; 01-04-2015 at 09:52 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships