Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2015, 03:12 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,696,986 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterflyfish View Post
Maybe she just wants to take things slow.
Take things slow how? They've already had sex.

Old 01-20-2015, 06:17 AM

41,936 posts, read 37,210,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
Take things slow how? They've already had sex.
Relationship wise. So what if they've already had sex? They can still take the relationship casually and move forward slowly.

I don't think that is what is happening here though.

Old 01-20-2015, 07:25 AM

2,387 posts, read 2,220,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Relationship wise. So what if they've already had sex? They can still take the relationship casually and move forward slowly.

I don't think that is what is happening here though.
What do you think is happening?

Used for sex and a few dates? Call me cynical, but that's what I'm beginning to think.

Old 01-20-2015, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleur View Post

Used for sex and a few dates? Call me cynical, but that's what I'm beginning to think.

I just think she isn't super into you. She likes you fine enough, she's just not super into you.

That is what happens 90%+ of the time after a few dates.

It isn't being "used", it is just what happens most of the time. Sometimes it is a few dates, sometimes a few months, but a real connection is hard to find. I never considered it being "used" when I was on the side your on, but I was bummed. Eh, its part of dating.

There was this one woman I met, oh, two years ago where I thought something really would happen. We had fun, great long conversations to 4am when we should have been getting some sleep before work (lost track of time), fun sex (apparently more fun for me), laughs, she was highly educated, smart, Brazilian...sigh... and it turned out she wasn't feeling it and bailed after about four weeks. It sucked, especially since we lived (I think she's moved now) in the same general neighborhood and twice in the months after that I saw her out with other guys.

It's part of life. It sucks. It just wasn't a right match. After that I took a good long OLD break.

Old 01-20-2015, 07:45 AM

11,847 posts, read 12,131,376 times
Quote:

Or it could be that she just doesn't feel the same connection and it took a few dates to discover this. That is what dating is for, and i don't believe you can always know after only one date if there is a connection. It doesn't necessarily mean you were used though.

Old 01-20-2015, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
I just think she isn't super into you. She likes you fine enough, she's just not super into you.

That is what happens 90%+ of the time after a few dates.

It isn't being "used", it is just what happens most of the time. Sometimes it is a few dates, sometimes a few months, but a real connection is hard to find. I never considered it being "used" when I was on the side your on, but I was bummed. Eh, its part of dating.

There was this one woman I met, oh, two years ago where I thought something really would happen. We had fun, great long conversations to 4am when we should have been getting some sleep before work (lost track of time), fun sex (apparently more fun for me), laughs, she was highly educated, smart, Brazilian...sigh... and it turned out she wasn't feeling it and bailed after about four weeks. It sucked, especially since we lived (I think she's moved now) in the same general neighborhood and twice in the months after that I saw her out with other guys.

It's part of life. It sucks. It just wasn't a right match. After that I took a good long OLD break.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
Or it could be that she just doesn't feel the same connection and it took a few dates to discover this. That is what dating is for, and i don't believe you can always know after only one date if there is a connection. It doesn't necessarily mean you were used though.
I wish these women would leave me alone. They are toxic to my life.

Sure, they're not into me today. Then a month later they're hitting me up asking me how I am an wanting to hang out. It happens ALL THE FRICKIN' TIME! It just happened with the girl from October. WHY?!?! Leave me the hell alone!

People are so selfish and only care about their own needs. As soon as I stop showing them attention, they come out of the woodwork trying to reconnect. I wish they'd just stop. Stop accepting my invitations to go out. Stop hitting me up when you damn well feel like it. Stop! It makes me feel like ****; like I'm being used.

Old 01-20-2015, 07:56 AM

Quote:

Sure, they're not into me today. Then a month later they're hitting me up asking me how I am an wanting to hang out. It happens ALL THE FRICKIN' TIME! It just happened with the girl from October. WHY?!?! Leave me the hell alone!

People are so selfish and only care about their own needs. As soon as I stop showing them attention, they come out of the woodwork trying to reconnect. I wish they'd just stop.

You're just not in a good mental/emotional place to date, man. That's perfectly ok. I was there after the Brazilian woman. I've been there multiple times. Taking a break is good sometimes.

Old 01-20-2015, 08:10 AM

11,847 posts, read 12,131,376 times
Quote:

People are so selfish and only care about their own needs. As soon as I stop showing them attention, they come out of the woodwork trying to reconnect. I wish they'd just stop. Stop accepting my invitations to go out. Stop hitting me up when you damn well feel like it. Stop! It makes me feel like ****; like I'm being used.
Delete their numbers and don't respond.

I get the impression that you're making yourself too available to women, especially ones where you tried dating and it didn't work out for whatever reason at that time. Let those ones stay in the past.

Old 01-20-2015, 08:24 AM

2,401 posts, read 3,657,991 times
Quote:

No you don't. It feeds your ego to know all these useless women want you. Admit it, it gives you "bragging rights". Otherwise you would block contact with them and they wouldnt even be given the time of day.

Old 01-20-2015, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yiuppy View Post
No you don't. It feeds your ego to know all these useless women want you. Admit it, it gives you "bragging rights". Otherwise you would block contact with them and they wouldnt even be given the time of day.
I don't give a damn about that and you know it. Why would I create threads like this as opposed to something along the lines of, "Hey guys, got laid again last night and don't plan on calling her again. Let me show you how to use women and dispose of them!"? Wouldn't that make a little more sense for an alleged ego-maniac?

That is really strange that you would say something like this. I mean, have you NOT been reading my posts? Maybe if you weren't so nasty to people, you'd actually have a chance at a good guy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships