Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2015, 12:25 PM

2,705 posts, read 1,843,341 times

Advertisements

Oh that's right. I believe that a new relationship should be fun, exciting and joyful. If someone is feeling used or manipulated, then I think they should move on.

Old 01-20-2015, 12:29 PM

41,936 posts, read 37,202,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleur View Post
You apparently didn't read my previous response where I said that she failed to show up on Saturday night when I was out. We had talked about meeting up Saturday night, she made it sound like she was down to meet up. I didn't hear from her though.

So did you or didn't you make concrete plans to meet? I mean, this is a little confusing. If you didn't, there was no date planned. If you did, and she didn't arrive at the time agreed, wouldn't you text her? And couldn't have you asked her via text Sun or Monday?

This is all rather confusing.

Old 01-20-2015, 12:36 PM

2,387 posts, read 2,219,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
So did you or didn't you make concrete plans to meet? I mean, this is a little confusing. If you didn't, there was no date planned. If you did, and she didn't arrive at the time agreed, wouldn't you text her? And couldn't have you asked her via text Sun or Monday?

This is all rather confusing.
It's confusing, because you're trying to piece things together what's going on with fragments of information. I'm sorry that I don't post a live journal of my dating life to C-D.

On Saturday morning, I texted her and told her I had a great time and that I enjoyed spending time with her. She responded back that she enjoyed me as well. I then told her that I was going to be out with some friends for a bar-hopping themed birthday and that she's welcome to come. I told her exactly where we'd be and at what time. She said that "she was sure out paths would cross". To me, that sounded like she was going to make an effort to meet up. Never heard from her though. We texted back and forth a bit on Sunday, but again, she was out of town so we didn't meet up.

Old 01-20-2015, 12:38 PM

Quote:
It's confusing, because you're trying to piece things together what's going on with fragments of information. I'm sorry that I don't post a live journal of my dating life to C-D.
You come close.

Quote:
On Saturday morning, I texted her and told her I had a great time and that I enjoyed spending time with her. She responded back that she enjoyed me as well. I then told her that I was going to be out with some friends for a bar-hopping themed birthday and that she's welcome to come. I told her exactly where we'd be and at what time. She said that "she was sure out paths would cross". To me, that sounded like she was going to make an effort to meet up. Never heard from her though. We texted back and forth a bit on Sunday, but again, she was out of town so we didn't meet up.

And you never asked what happened the previous night on Sunday? Nor texted her Saturday night to see where she was at or what she was up to?

Old 01-20-2015, 12:41 PM

Quote:
You come close.
Hey, I've only responded to the questions and comments you guys post. I try to be a good OP by not ghosting on my threads.

Quote:
And you never asked what happened the previous night on Sunday? Nor texted her Saturday night to see where she was at or what she was up to?
Nope. As far as I'm concerned, I already made the overture. It's not my job to inquire about her whereabouts beyond that. She knew where I was and at what time I was there. She's an adult. If she wanted to come, she could have come. I should not have to hold her hand throughout the process.

Old 01-20-2015, 12:47 PM

545 posts, read 636,012 times
Quote:
"she was sure out paths would cross"
Are you in tune with or understand this kind of sarcasm? I wouldn't find much humor in it.

Old 01-20-2015, 12:49 PM

Quote:

Nope. As far as I'm concerned, I already made the overture. It's not my job to inquire about her whereabouts beyond that. She knew where I was and at what time I was there. She's an adult. If she wanted to come, she could have come. I should not have to hold her hand throughout the process.

Uh, ok. I've been on both sides and especially in potentially intimidating situations (other person's friends being involved) it is often great to hear "Hey, hows your night going? I'm still at _____, having fun, but I'd be having more fun if you were here. Still planning on coming by?"

I don't get how that is anything but a good move. In fact, if such a thing didn't occur I might even question if they really were thinking of me or wanted me there.

Old 01-20-2015, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OvernightDelivery View Post
Are you in tune with or understand this kind of sarcasm? I wouldn't find much humor in it.
I haven't a clue what you're talking about. Sorry.

Old 01-20-2015, 12:53 PM

102,438 posts, read 108,833,304 times
Quote:
You apparently didn't read my previous response where I said that she failed to show up on Saturday night when I was out. We had talked about meeting up Saturday night, she made it sound like she was down to meet up. I didn't hear from her though. She was out of town Sunday and Monday, so there was no opportunity to talk.

Stop trying to pin this on me, like I'm the one at fault. I've done EVERYTHING here. When do women start taking responsibility for anything during the dating process? I'm just curious.

Of course I (and every other guy I know) am going to fade on women who are nonchalant and half-hearted during the dating process.
I must admit, you're right, here. Unless I had prior plans with someone (friends, whatever), if a guy I was seeing said he was going to be in a certain place at a certain time, enjoying a b-day party to which I was welcome, I'd have shown up.

So, either she had prior plans (in which case she should have told you when you texted her), or she's just not that into you.

Old 01-20-2015, 12:53 PM

2,401 posts, read 3,657,760 times
Lafleur: Im gonna be out with some friends for a birthday then to some bars. We'll be at XYZ, you can come if you want...

Ms. Sunday: Im sure we'll cross paths...

??? Welp. Thats that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships