Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2015, 11:40 AM

2,387 posts, read 2,212,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
I could understand if she's still a bit hesitant about initiating, but I don't understand the nonchalance/disinterest when he contacts her. That's not the way I'd respond to someone I was interested in and having sex with.
She doesn't show disinterest when I contact her. She always replies back when in a reasonable amount of time and responds in an enthusiastic manner. She has never turned down a date up to this point.

She shows nonchalance and disinterest by not contacting me or initiating plans after nearly a month of dating.

Old 01-20-2015, 11:42 AM

2,704 posts, read 1,831,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleur View Post
That's what I'm saying. I don't get it. And it's extremely frustrating, because this is how it's been with the last few women I've dated. And then I'm left feeling like I'm jumping the gun by writing them off when they don't step up their game. I think some people are just really bad at dating.

Word of advice to daters:

If you aren't interested in someone, tell them as soon as you can. Don't sleep with them and keep leading them on like it's going somewhere. And most of all, don't hit them up after weeks of not hearing from them. You had your shot, you blew it, move on.

If you like someone, tell them. Don't sit back and and make them try to figure it out.
That's good advice, Lafleur. Good luck to you!

Old 01-20-2015, 11:42 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,981,862 times
Quote:
She doesn't show disinterested when I contact her. She always replies back when in a reasonable amount of time and responds in an enthusiastic manner. She shows nonchalance and disinterest by not contacting me or initiating plans after nearly a month of dating.

It just well could be she is dating around too; so she is just responding to the invitations made and she doesn't have any need or desire to initiate plans.

Old 01-20-2015, 11:50 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,616,844 times
Quote:
She doesn't show disinterest when I contact her. She always replies back when in a reasonable amount of time and responds in an enthusiastic manner. She has never turned down a date up to this point.

She shows nonchalance and disinterest by not contacting me or initiating plans after nearly a month of dating.
Ok, I was referring to before when you were saying she didn't seem all that chatty when you called her and then just ended the conversation by telling you that her phone died.

Old 01-20-2015, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
Ok, I was referring to before when you were saying she didn't seem all that chatty when you called her and then just ended the conversation by telling you that her phone died.
Alright, fair enough. Yeah, she was kind of whatever on the phone when I tried to have a conversation with her then. That said, phone conversations can be tricky when you don't know a person all that well.

But when we're in person, everything seems fine. We have a good time.

Old 01-20-2015, 12:05 PM

245 posts, read 219,524 times
This thread is still going on? Jesus...

Old 01-20-2015, 12:09 PM

2,704 posts, read 1,831,857 times
Would you ever consider asking her directly where her head is at? That's what my husband did when he was courting me. I didn't like being put on the spot, but after I came right out and told him that I wanted to continue seeing him, he really showed me what he was made of. ** swoon**

Old 01-20-2015, 12:11 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,981,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterflyfish View Post
Would you ever consider asking her directly where her head is at? That's what my husband did when he was courting me. I didn't like being put on the spot, but after I came right out and told him that I wanted to continue seeing him, he really showed me what he was made of. ** swoon**

I've done that more than once. Most of the time it ended things, a few times it led to great conversations that strengthened the relationships.

It can't hurt and I think this is a good suggestion if this situation is really flustering you, which it apparently is.

Just don't do it after sex.

Old 01-20-2015, 12:14 PM

102,215 posts, read 107,956,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterflyfish View Post
I thought that's what the OP was going to do, during the Friday night/Sat. morning date. But... I guess not. It sounds like he's set to be a guy in his date's experience who just fades out after 4 dates.

Old 01-20-2015, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I thought that's what the OP was going to do, during the Friday night/Sat. morning date. But... I guess not. It sounds like he's set to be a guy in his date's experience who just fades out after 4 dates.
You apparently didn't read my previous response where I said that she failed to show up on Saturday night when I was out. We had talked about meeting up Saturday night, she made it sound like she was down to meet up. I didn't hear from her though. She was out of town Sunday and Monday, so there was no opportunity to talk.

Stop trying to pin this on me, like I'm the one at fault. I've done EVERYTHING here. When do women start taking responsibility for anything during the dating process? I'm just curious.

Of course I (and every other guy I know) am going to fade on women who are nonchalant and half-hearted during the dating process.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships