Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2015, 09:56 PM

2,387 posts, read 2,217,611 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
Ya know, OP wants what he wants. He wants a woman that isn't afraid to show she really likes him and to take the lead on arranging some dates and initiating conversations. That is what he wants and we are all entitled to want what we want.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
Here's what I think - I think that everything is fine between the two of you but you are making yourself crazy with your rules.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
In a nutshell.

It seems to be going well for 4 dates, but the OP feels abandoned or used. That's sad.
strawberrykiki gets it. She elaborates on my point fairly well.

Old 01-20-2015, 10:05 PM

102,346 posts, read 108,608,428 times
Right, OP. But she also said this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
No one but the lady in question knows what's going on with this situation. OP can keep initiating dates, he can stop and see if she will take the lead when he doesn't, or he can just flat out ask her what is going on. I do think sometimes you have to play it cool and be willing to play the game so to speak, but when dating becomes miserable because you are so consumed trying to figure out what is going on, I honestly think it's better to just put yourself on the line and ask what the deal is. At least then you'll have an answer one way or the other even if it scares the other person off.

Old 01-20-2015, 10:10 PM

11,835 posts, read 12,107,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleur View Post
I texted her Sunday to check on how she was doing. She texted me today to joke around.
I find it odd that contact is so sporadic. It has a take-it-or-leave-it feel to it.

Old 01-20-2015, 10:52 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,529,318 times
Quote:

Frustrated and Jaded
So did you do anything interesting because all I read was the standard dating routine - BORING!

I'm also not following how removing yourself from the dating scene is a loss for these women.

[]

Old 01-20-2015, 11:09 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,542,890 times
Quote:
I texted her Sunday to check on how she was doing. She texted me today to joke around.
Sorry can't read the whole thread, but if she keeps the conversation superficial, joking, and not responding with how here day was or how your day was, it sounds like she just wants something casual.

Old 01-20-2015, 11:11 PM

102,346 posts, read 108,608,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teckeeee View Post
Sorry can't read the whole thread, but if she keeps the conversation superficial, joking, and not responding with how here day was or how your day was, it sounds like she just wants something casual.
Interesting criterion. It's probably still a little early in the dating process for that kind of intimacy. Good to keep in mind, though.

Old 01-20-2015, 11:12 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,252,721 times
Quote:
strawberrykiki gets it. She elaborates on my point fairly well.
You are entitled to want anything you choose - but if you are willing to end things with her because she is not adhering to your rules and what you want - then you might be missing out on something really great. I just think that you should ask her how she feels before you just call it quits because you are assuming you know how she feels. But if it is really important for you to be with someone that initiates things from the very beginning - you can always break it off with her because she isn't what you are looking for. But that's on YOU - not her. And that's fine. It's fine if she isn't what you are looking for.

Old 01-21-2015, 03:16 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,675,413 times
Quote:
Interesting criterion. It's probably still a little early in the dating process for that kind of intimacy. Good to keep in mind, though.
Asking someone about their day is intimate?

Old 01-21-2015, 07:45 AM

2,387 posts, read 2,217,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
So did you do anything interesting because all I read was the standard dating routine - BORING!

I'm also not following how removing yourself from the dating scene is a loss for these women.

[]
Ya know, I was thinking about taking her out on my private jet to Europe next weekend. But then I remembered that I don't own a private jet.

After a month, what would you suggest that's more "exciting", homie? I'm open to suggestions.

I doubt I'll hear back from you though. Always have at least one uppity d**k put in their snarky .02 comment on a thread and then disappear forever.

Old 01-21-2015, 07:54 AM

41,936 posts, read 37,151,157 times
Quote:

There is nothing intimate asking someone about how their day is going. It's almost common courtesy, that is, if you're interested in knowing (and even if you're not).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships