Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2015, 01:58 PM

2,387 posts, read 2,217,042 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
You've been on a few dates with her and talk a lot. What are her hobbies and interests? Of course, if it's ice skating, you might be lucky with the winter months... but even if she likes something like "sunbathing at the beach" you can twist things around to have a "beach" date. Maybe get some goofy sunglasses and go to a beach themed restaurant and then go swimming later at an indoor community pool or even rent a room at a hotel with an indoor pool... don't use the room (or do) and hang out at the pool. Or if you do use the room, put beach towels on the bed in place of the comforter and rent a summer-themed movie to watch together in the privacy of your room.

Maybe if you get a few ideas of her likes and interests, you can make a post where people can help you come up with unique date ideas?
These are some good ideas for dates with a twist. Thanks!

I think I'll pass on creating a new thread on this sub though. I'll surely get lambasted by the usual suspects for being aloof and unready for a serious relationship. No thanks! I already promised that this will be my final thread.

Last edited by Lafleur; 01-21-2015 at 02:21 PM..

Old 01-21-2015, 02:00 PM

102,328 posts, read 108,547,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleur View Post
Ya know, I was thinking about taking her out on my private jet to Europe next weekend. But then I remembered that I don't own a private jet.

After a month, what would you suggest that's more "exciting", homie? I'm open to suggestions.

I doubt I'll hear back from you though. Always have at least one uppity d**k put in their snarky .02 comment on a thread and then disappear forever.
Old-fashioned things like roller skating, if your town has a roller rink, can be surprisingly fun. Or an hour at the Exploratorium or aquarium or planetarium. Or an interesting lecture to attend, and discuss over coffee or dinner afterwards. If you've run out of date ideas on the 4th date, you're going to be in trouble.

Old 01-21-2015, 02:01 PM

2,084 posts, read 2,632,312 times
Quote:
I already promised that this will be my final thread.
And you got it to 61 pages (I did not read most of this thread), congrats.

Good luck with the 24-year-old, that's actually around my age but people don't listen to me much on these forums so I won't 'effort' in this thread. Jillabean's date ideas sound cute

Old 01-21-2015, 02:10 PM

2,704 posts, read 1,839,574 times
Some of the most romantic dates I've been on did not cost a lot of money or any money at all. One of my favorite dates was going on a roller coaster. Thrilling! Also canoeing on a lake under a full moon (how much more romantic can you get?). I'm a cheap date. I like going to museum exhibits, community theater, hiking, and any crazy, odd festival or event that might be happening, I'm totally up for it. I think going to an indoor water park in the middle of winter would be so fun!

Old 01-21-2015, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Old-fashioned things like roller skating, if your town has a roller rink, can be surprisingly fun. Or an hour at the Exploratorium or aquarium or planetarium. Or an interesting lecture to attend, and discuss over coffee or dinner afterwards. If you've run out of date ideas on the 4th date, you're going to be in trouble.
I never said this. Do you guys just selectively read things so it fits your narrative? You guys don't even know all the dates I've been on with this girl, and yet you've still figured out a way to judge me. Good grief!

Old 01-21-2015, 02:27 PM

Quote:
I never said this. Do you guys just selectively read things so it fits your narrative? You guys don't even know all the dates I've been on with this girl, and yet you've still figured out a way to judge me. Good grief!
Idk. You said you were open to suggestions for dating. It sounded like you needed suggestions. Our bad, I guess.

Old 01-21-2015, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterflyfish View Post
Some of the most romantic dates I've been on did not cost a lot of money or any money at all. One of my favorite dates was going on a roller coaster. Thrilling! Also canoeing on a lake under a full moon (how much more romantic can you get?). I'm a cheap date. I like going to museum exhibits, community theater, hiking, and any crazy, odd festival or event that might be happening, I'm totally up for it. I think going to an indoor water park in the middle of winter would be so fun!
Yup. Some of the best dates can be free outdoor concerts (OK, not likely to happen in the middle of winter, but, just saying...), art fairs, free day at the museum/s (all museums in my town are free on the same day, so people can museum-hop), roller skating in the park, walks in the park, kite-flying. OK, for winter: like I said before, exploratorium or other science exhibit halls, cross-country skiing, gallery-hopping, museum-hopping.

Old 01-21-2015, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Idk. You said you were open to suggestions for dating. It sounded like you needed suggestions. Our bad, I guess.
No, your bad was your last sentence to which I responded to.

And MIKEETC, who hasn't a clue what dates I've been on (maybe he knows about the movie date), yet decided they were all "boring".

Old 01-21-2015, 02:37 PM

881 posts, read 2,258,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
I don't know what you consider an "educated professional," but I have many coworkers with at least a four year degree who got married in their mid-20s and I don't live in a small town where everyone gets married young. It's not uncommon.
I tend to agree, while marriage is down for millennials compared to previous generations it's not unheard of and LTR are still common. I am in a grad program at a highly ranked university (with students from all over the country) with most of the cohort 23-29. Most of them are married or in a LTR. Not that many of them are going the whole casual dating thing.

Hell even when I lived in NYC there were still plenty of professional in there 20s in LTR. Not everyone delays getting serious until 30s.

Old 01-21-2015, 03:10 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,668,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncsualum2004 View Post
I tend to agree, while marriage is down for millennials compared to previous generations it's not unheard of and LTR are still common. I am in a grad program at a highly ranked university (with students from all over the country) with most of the cohort 23-29. Most of them are married or in a LTR. Not that many of them are going the whole casual dating thing.

Hell even when I lived in NYC there were still plenty of professional in there 20s in LTR. Not everyone delays getting serious until 30s.
Yeah, I know that almost every time I meet a man that I find attractive, he's already married, and these guys are anywhere from mid-20s to early 30s.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships