Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2015, 01:40 AM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 58,998,064 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
When I used Yahoo the message/chat were on my phone and computer. So were the the messaging/chat on Facebook, Match.......

A male roommate?!!! Scandal!! Good thing your technologically behind or you might have gone out with her!

I don't do instant messaging anymore just phone, text, or email because it's too much going on while I am on the internet to chat with someone through messenger. Instant Messenger is more suited to do when you are at work not at home with a million options.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2015, 01:49 AM

48,518 posts, read 34,815,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
I don't do instant messaging anymore just phone, text, or email because it's too much going on while I am on the internet to chat with someone through messenger. Instant Messenger is more suited to do when you are at work not at home with a million options.
IM is more suitable for work? When there is nothing better you should be doing? Not on your free time?

There are a million and one things wrong with this one thread alone.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 02-01-2015, 01:51 AM

1,979 posts, read 3,524,766 times
She wants to meet you in person before deciding if you're worthy of getting her phone number so you can harass her via text or phone calls. You would think you'd be happy to meet her in person somewhere soon instead of dragging things on via phone/text. I would consider that a waste of time.

First time meeting a stranger I certainly wouldn't let him pick me up, either. I'd want to meet somewhere in public. You can set that up via whatever means you used to initially message her.

Old 02-01-2015, 01:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellevueNative View Post
She wants to meet you in person before deciding if you're worthy of getting her phone number so you can harass her via text or phone calls. You would think you'd be happy to meet her in person somewhere soon instead of dragging things on via phone/text. I would consider that a waste of time.

First time meeting a stranger I certainly wouldn't let him pick me up, either. I'd want to meet somewhere in public. You can set that up via whatever means you used to initially message her.
The issue I have with meeting someone without their contact number is I can't text them to find out if there are at the place or let them know I have arrived.

Old 02-01-2015, 02:07 AM

14,767 posts, read 17,108,380 times
Quote:
The issue I have with meeting someone without their contact number is I can't text them to find out if there are at the place or let them know I have arrived.
Oh the humanity!

lol...

Old 02-01-2015, 02:27 AM

61,654 posts, read 87,023,434 times
Quote:

Really? You need all the confirmations?
Just go and be on time. That's all she wants to know.

Old 02-01-2015, 02:28 AM

1,979 posts, read 3,524,766 times
Quote:
You must be really young. What do you think people did 15 years ago when no one had cell phones? You've exchanged photos, right? You know what the other person looks like, right?

Old 02-01-2015, 02:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellevueNative View Post
You must be really young. What do you think people did 15 years ago when no one had cell phones? You've exchanged photos, right? You know what the other person looks like, right?

True but we are now living in a new time and I need a contact number before I meet anyone. I made a decision to not talk to her again because it's too many other girls online to be waiting around for this paranoid women to reveal her number.

Old 02-01-2015, 02:43 AM

61,654 posts, read 87,023,434 times
So many girls waiting, but no one wants to date you!?

Old 02-01-2015, 02:44 AM

619 posts, read 651,688 times
Quote:
I sent a message to this girl on a dating site and left her my number so we can talk. So she called me but I noticed her number was blocked on the caller id and was like........."ok she probably needs to get a feel for me first before giving out her number" So we talked for the first time tonight on the phone and then after about 40 mins she was about to get ready for bed. So then I said........"Ummm can I have your contact #"

Then she went through this whole thing about how she had scary experiences with guys she met through the site and would rather meet me face to face before giving her me her number. So now I am going to sleep on this and will most likely wake up and decide I no longer have interest. I thought the purpose of talking to someone the first time on the phone was to determine if you WANT to give the guy your number.

And I don't think she understands that she is not the only woman on the site and once someone who gives me her number who looks just as good as her or better I am moving on lol Something won't allow me to meet a woman face to face if I don't have their contact number so we probably won't meet.

Any other guys come across any paranoid women like this online?
I think she comes off as being smart and having learned from previous experiences. Obviously, you two didn't hit it off very well or have any deep meaningful connection if you're not able to deal with her terms. Dating can be pretty scary for women. So,...you should move on so she can find someone who respects her and likes her a bit more than you do. You sound like you're ready to move on anyhow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships