Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2015, 02:45 AM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,042,276 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
So many girls waiting, but no one wants to date you!?
I am not looking to date either, meeting for friendships for now
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2015, 02:54 AM

619 posts, read 652,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
I am not looking to date either, meeting for friendships for now
I never understood the whole "Online dating site, looking for friendship only"....

I mean, do you contact men in the same ratio as you do women since you're looking for friends?

Old 02-01-2015, 03:09 AM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,042,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenna1343 View Post
I never understood the whole "Online dating site, looking for friendship only"....

I mean, do you contact men in the same ratio as you do women since you're looking for friends?
Of course not, I am seeking new female friends

Old 02-01-2015, 03:11 AM

17,869 posts, read 21,006,797 times
She's being intelligent about her choice to hide her number to strange men.

I have a few attractive female friends who have had stalkers because they gave these guys there number early in dating and they realize that the guy either isn't compatible or they just aren't feeling the spark, but the guy doesn't take the hint and continues to pursue and will actually follow the women around sometimes and blow up there cell phone. She's obviously experienced some of that and wants to meet a man in the flesh to see if she wants to continue friendship/dating before letting the guy have her number. That's a smart woman.

Old 02-01-2015, 03:38 AM

619 posts, read 652,536 times
Quote:
Of course not, I am seeking new female friends
Okay, then since you're just looking for friendship, why would you replace one friend with another friend? And what would it matter if she was or was not equally good looking as someone who'd give you their number if they were all just potential friends anyhow?

Old 02-01-2015, 03:51 AM

6,395 posts, read 6,283,899 times
"And I don't think she understands that she is not the only woman on the site and once someone who gives me her number who looks just as good as her or better I am moving on lol"

^
Dude, if you mean this then she can probably sense that you are just into her on the superficial level and is being rightfully cautious. You are looking for something more casual and/or shallow based. She doesn't want to waste her time.

I don't even post picts on my profile anymore because of this. Too much "hook up culture" seeking and too much attention based on my picture captions only and nothing regarding anything substantial in the actual profile. (I describe my physicality very accurately and guys can take it or leave it. Most act like they dont believe me and leave it and/or can't be bothered. I find this very helpful in weeding.)

My fave used to be getting comments about "MY dog" when I say multiple times in the profile that it was a "friend's pet" and that I only have a cat.

Trust me, she knows damn well how she stacks up against the other women on the site. She also knows how you stack up against the men. Hence, no number.

Old 02-01-2015, 04:32 AM

56 posts, read 90,707 times
Haven't had a girl do this to me, but had this happen when I was online dating. I met a guy online who set up a date with me and then wouldn't share his contact details. It made it incredibly difficult to let him know I was running late for the date etc. I found it overly paranoid and silly.

Old 02-01-2015, 04:43 AM

8,170 posts, read 6,039,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
She's being intelligent about her choice to hide her number to strange men.

I have a few attractive female friends who have had stalkers because they gave these guys there number early in dating and they realize that the guy either isn't compatible or they just aren't feeling the spark, but the guy doesn't take the hint and continues to pursue and will actually follow the women around sometimes and blow up there cell phone. She's obviously experienced some of that and wants to meet a man in the flesh to see if she wants to continue friendship/dating before letting the guy have her number. That's a smart woman.
This! She is quite smart to not give her number right away. She can't give you her number, talk to you, and decide to take it back. You already have it. These onlibe stalker guys are a real thing. I have a guy that resurfaces weekly after I have told him a 1000 times, that no way would I go out with him. His persistent confirmed that for me.

Old 02-01-2015, 04:46 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,273,394 times
Quote:
When I am home it's the PHONE and that's it because the computer eliminates texting and the internet eliminates instant messaging. So I guess it makes sense just to ignore her call when she calls back next week. Plus I wasn't to thrilled to hear she is living with a male roommate lol

So you haven't met, you won't meet until you get her number, she has told you that she is very cautious because of scary experiences from this site and you think she should not have a male roommate?

Seriously, quit dating for a while and get off of online dating you have too many quirks to be looking for dates online and it really is none of your business who her roommate is, ever.

Old 02-01-2015, 05:51 AM

818 posts, read 918,005 times
OP, IMO, by your way of doing things you will only have a shot at gullible , ditzy, desperate, women .
Try having some patience , you might meet a better class of person
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships