Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2015, 12:48 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,952,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskandaisy View Post
I know, that's the hardest part for me. I get really really upset and start texting like crazy and being all like "**** you" lol. I think it's my biggest problem..just being able to handle my emotions. I'm not texting him ever again.
Good.

Delete all contacts of him just because of weakness. Don't wanna give in.

Plus, think of the bad things that happened when you start having feelings for him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2015, 12:50 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,952,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by troymclure View Post
He owes you your virginity back.
It's not a kidney.

Good example not to sell yourself short when dealing with something very special.

Old 03-09-2015, 12:50 PM

30,897 posts, read 36,958,653 times
Quote:
Okay�� You think I'm immature for placing too much importance on it? I feel like I have been. Like I kind of thought it was special about me and now it's gone. I don't know where that feeling came from?
You're immature because people who value their virginity as much as you say you do will not jump in bed with a guy (who they really don't know all that well) from a long distance relationship. The two things are incompatible. Mature people understand this. Immature people don't.

I'll chime in with everyone else and agree that closure almost never happens. Trying to get it will just make things worse for you.

Old 03-09-2015, 12:55 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,975,567 times
Quote:
I'm at the end of breaking up with my boyfriend of about 5 months. We're long distance, so I think the whole thing was destined to fail. The past few days I've been trying to reach out to him and he barely answers my texts anymore.

What put me over the edge today was him telling me that he "doesn't owe me anything" after I told him I can't believe he took my virignity and has the balls to completely ignore me. Me saying that made everything worse. I didn't want to make it seem like he owes me, but I'm so hurt that he doesn't even want to speak to me or work out our problems.

Am I in the wrong? It doesn't even really matter because we're over. I think I just want closure or something.
Consenting adults. He took nothing. Gee, wonder why he's not that into you.......

Old 03-09-2015, 12:57 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,975,567 times
Quote:
Okay😔 You think I'm immature for placing too much importance on it? I feel like I have been. Like I kind of thought it was special about me and now it's gone. I don't know where that feeling came from?
If it was so important to you, you should have protected it better. Sleeping with a guy you know online. Not really protecting a valuable asset.

Old 03-09-2015, 12:57 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,342,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by troymclure View Post
He owes you your virginity back.
I wish I could take back my virginity...with interest!

OP, sorry this happened . If it's any consolation, just about everybody has gave their virginity to someone they're no longer with. Time to put this behind you and move on

Old 03-09-2015, 12:58 PM

165 posts, read 159,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Consenting adults. He took nothing. Gee, wonder why he's not that into you.......
Oh don't even defend him. You don't even know the half of it. He's an *******. He treats me like garbage and expects me to respect him. Just save it.

Old 03-09-2015, 01:00 PM

30,897 posts, read 36,958,653 times
Quote:
Okay well that's kind of rude of you to be honest. Yeah we met once but we've been talking everyday since October. Everyday. Long phone calls, texting and Skype. Please don't belittle it. I clearly care about him.
Let this should be your clue that these things are no substitute for meeting in person.

Old 03-09-2015, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
If it was so important to you, you should have protected it better. Sleeping with a guy you know online. Not really protecting a valuable asset.
Yeah you're right. Nobody seems to understand that I had good intentions here, everyone wants to tell me that I'm wrong. You know, I wanted to find somebody near me that I could connect with and love, but I never have. Sorry for taking a chance on a guy that I thought was special and turned out to be a total jerk.

I've wanted to have a boyfriend my whole life, and everyone just wants sex, sex, sex. I'm just frustrated and tired that everyone sucks.

Old 03-09-2015, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
Let this should be your clue that these things are no substitute for meeting in person.
Yes This is 100% true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships