Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2016, 03:46 PM

4,005 posts, read 4,107,489 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Sometime I feel that way about cooking. Something about it can be therapeutic. We have a window in our kitchen that overlooks a court yard area. Sometimes when rinsing veggies off I look out the window on a nice sunny day and sometimes I forget about things....
When I was house-shopping, I didn't care about granite countertops, open concepts, or 6-faucet showers. My must-have was a window over the sink.

Old 06-04-2016, 04:34 PM

52,283 posts, read 52,713,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metamorphosis View Post
When I was house-shopping, I didn't care about granite countertops, open concepts, or 6-faucet showers. My must-have was a window over the sink.

Yep.... been watching a lot of home buying shows like Property Bros and I forget the other one, the one with a white guy and his wife is Native American. Chip is his name, I forget hers, but he's such a dipstick sometimes it's funny to watch them.

I love how they can just completely transform some of those really old houses and breathe some new life into them. Way back when they didn't really put much thought into how homes were built. It seemed like the layout in a lot of those old homes didn't really utilize the space well.

But yeah, there are certain things that are going to be musts for us in our next home. This is our first house and while it's just a condo it's not a bad layout, it's pretty good sized open floor plan in a good part of town, we bought back before the market here went stupid on us.

A larger kitchen with an island is a must for us, along with the prerequisite window over the sink. I think gas for cooking would really rate high on the list too, we have a smooth top electric stove and it's not bad, but it's just not the same as gas.

LOL, first world problems we have, I tell ya.

Old 06-04-2016, 05:23 PM

4,005 posts, read 4,107,489 times
I like watching before-and-after shows, but hate the ditzy buyers.

I really like watching Nicole Curtis. She fixed up old homes and tries to keep as much original as possible. I'm not a fan of stripping an old house to make it look new, cuz the character is removed.

My house has individual rooms and I like it that way.

Old 06-04-2016, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by metamorphosis View Post
I like watching before-and-after shows, but hate the ditzy buyers.

I really like watching Nicole Curtis. She fixed up old homes and tries to keep as much original as possible. I'm not a fan of stripping an old house to make it look new, cuz the character is removed.

My house has individual rooms and I like it that way.

Yeah, I hate the buyers too, they are some thick headed people sometimes. This one show the couple had a high budget, I think they were shopping in the 950k range, anyways they walk into some completely awesome homes and start whining about the color of the walls, I'm like SHUT THE F up, you can easily fix those stupid things, you need to see the "bones" of the house, look past all of the stupid small incidentals, this one lady was so snobby and snooty I wanted to throttle her spoiled butt. LOL...

Old 06-04-2016, 07:12 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,438,836 times
Quote:
Sometime I feel that way about cooking. Something about it can be therapeutic. We have a window in our kitchen that overlooks a court yard area. Sometimes when rinsing veggies off I look out the window on a nice sunny day and sometimes I forget about things....
Wanna know something funny? I started a thread in the Food Forum shortly before my two year hiatus, specifically about food preparation as a therapeutic activity. Inner peace to be had when you create a masterpiece. Even if that masterpiece is just a bowl of butternut squash soup. My kitchen window looks into my backyard, and I can see the sunset through those tall type palm trees in my neighbor's yard, something about the brilliance of the sky over the Pacific at dusk just fills me with serenity.

Old 06-04-2016, 07:49 PM

Since were talking about kitchens here, I just whipped up some tacos for dinner. Good stuff man.

Old 06-04-2016, 09:45 PM

I think this sums up my feelings.
Attached Thumbnails
Chat Thread #30-beforeafter_n.jpg  

Old 06-04-2016, 09:58 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,791,304 times
Quote:
I think this sums up my feelings.
Yup.

Old 06-05-2016, 12:53 AM

Been looking at some website that cater to Americans retiring and living abroad, and some of the cities look pretty damn good on paper. Would love to go check out some of those places, sounds too good to be true. Argentina, and Panama have some really killer incentives for people to go and move there. Live on about a 3rd of what we're paying here.

Might be a ticket to think about. America is great, but it ain't the only game in town. LOL...

Old 06-05-2016, 01:04 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,529,594 times
Quote:
Been looking at some website that cater to Americans retiring and living abroad, and some of the cities look pretty damn good on paper. Would love to go check out some of those places, sounds too good to be true. Argentina, and Panama have some really killer incentives for people to go and move there. Live on about a 3rd of what we're paying here.

Might be a ticket to think about. America is great, but it ain't the only game in town. LOL...
London!!!!! Me old mucker

How else am I gonna get you and sea on a 2 day drinking bonanza? LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships