Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2015, 10:20 AM

3,339 posts, read 5,988,331 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEDALLOKUYA View Post
so a man is suppose to have no life outside of his family?!?!

[Snip.]
I think going out once a week and staying out until a reasonable time is fine. IMO, when you have young kids you shouldn't be staying out until the middle of the night.

That said, it is only reasonable if his wife ALSO gets to go out once a week and can stay out just as late. Somehow I doubt that is happening in the OP's case, even when she isn't pregnant and has the energy to go out.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 04-29-2015 at 02:50 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2015, 10:22 AM

229 posts, read 244,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
You guys are saying it is okay that a father of almost two goes out drinking until the morning hours every week while the wife is at home with the kids? Really???
Yes... it's perfectly reasonable to expect a guy to get some "friends" time once a week

Quote:
There is a difference between meeting friends every now and then and going out drinking EVERY WEEK until LATE AT NIGHT.

What about the wife's life outside the family? He expects her to be home while he is out drinking.
And I think it's perfectly reasonable for the wife to have her time with friends too... but probably not while she is pregnant

Old 04-29-2015, 10:23 AM

29,742 posts, read 34,376,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezwacks View Post
Yes... it's perfectly reasonable to expect a guy to get some "friends" time once a week
He can have friend time and still get home at a reasonable hour.

Old 04-29-2015, 10:23 AM

3,339 posts, read 5,988,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezwacks View Post
It's totally reasonable for a woman to get some "friends" time once a week until 2:00 am too, right? I don't see why being pregnant would mean you can't have time with your friends. Yeah, a woman can't get plastered while pregnant (or shouldn't), but you still need social interaction.

Old 04-29-2015, 10:24 AM

41,937 posts, read 36,951,955 times
Quote:
There is a difference between meeting friends every now and then and going out drinking EVERY WEEK until LATE AT NIGHT.

What about the wife's life outside the family? He expects her to be home while he is out drinking.

Once a week? That's ok. 3s a little late for me, but places here close pretty early.

And he should give her the same opportunity. It needs to be a two way street.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikitakolata View Post
It's totally reasonable for a woman to get some "friends" time once a week until 2:00 am too, right?
Of course. Has anyone implied otherwise?

Old 04-29-2015, 10:24 AM

229 posts, read 244,603 times
Quote:
I think going out once a week and staying out until a reasonable time is fine. IMO, when you have young kids you shouldn't be staying out until the middle of the night.

That said, it is only reasonable if his wife ALSO gets to go out once a week and can stay out just as late. Somehow I doubt that is happening in the OP's case, even when she isn't pregnant and has the energy to go out.
So here's the thing...

With young kids, they are in bed by what, 9, 10pm? At that point what difference does it make how late he is out? He's not going to be missing out on any additional kid time

Old 04-29-2015, 10:25 AM

6,720 posts, read 8,388,075 times
Quote:

Yes, this. Make sure you get time by yourself too. Stay out late too. Alternate nights so someone stays home with the kids, or get a sitter/grandparent to stay with the kids.

Old 04-29-2015, 10:26 AM

35,095 posts, read 51,230,433 times
Whatever you and your husband decide is too much is how much too much is when going out with his friends.

If he has always been like this why did you get married if you knew this beforehand?

Mr. CSD does not go out often but he does not drink either and he prefers to stay home anyway.

Old 04-29-2015, 10:29 AM

20,758 posts, read 19,964,416 times
I would never be with a man who spends every Saturday night out drinking without me.

Kids or no kids, it just wouldn't be for me.

But hey, if it works for you guys, go for it. I suppose all of you are in happy relationships.

Old 04-29-2015, 10:31 AM

90 posts, read 104,699 times
I think it's fine, at least from my perspective. I'm not married or have kids yet, but I'm in a serious relationship, and my boyfriend will go out at least once a week with his friends. He gets home anywhere from 1 -3 AM, that's pretty normal for him, he works at night so his sleep schedule is different than most, his mornings start 12 PM.

Now I don't really know your situation that much, if he worked in the morning I'd say 3 is a bit late. If he works at night like my man does, 3 doesn't seem unreasonable. Kids are in bed by then, I don't see why getting home at 10 compared to 3 is a big deal. My boyfriends cousin, who has a three year old will go out several nights a week and be home late, while someone else in the house watches the child.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships