Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2017, 08:51 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,203,263 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiangirl_2015 View Post
I can have a night out like this if I want, so can my husband. Doesn't mean we are bad parents.
Absolutely not. Not my intention to imply at all. We did not do this when they were very small. But if it is manageable, rock it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2017, 09:00 AM

49,927 posts, read 60,015,385 times
It doesn't sound like she even wants a GNO. I think she just wants her husband to be home and present sometimes on his one day off.

I remember those days with three little kids at home when the sound of the garage door opening was the best sound on earth because it meant there might be a time soon that I could make a decision just for myself. And if not at least I had someone there to tag in.

Old 09-26-2017, 09:07 AM

20,770 posts, read 20,001,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashu786 View Post
I'm having quite the same issue too. I'm pregnant with my 3rd child and my husband only gets a day off once a week. During the day he runs around doing errands and then he goes out with his friends around 7pm and returns late night around 3am which is annoying. He doesn't drink which is a good thing. I'm suffering with depression and have been quite an emotional wreck lately. Sometimes you just want to sit down and talk to them specially on their days off. You do feel lonely specially during the times of being pregnant.
Seems like he doesn't want to be at home.

Did he want a 3rd child also or was that your idea?

Old 09-26-2017, 09:11 AM

20,770 posts, read 20,001,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
She didn't say that he is or that she doesn't work also.

Even if she is a SAHM, having been a SAHM myself, including as a mom of multiples, I can tell you that it can be incredibly overwhelming, like a full-time job with no breaks at all. Unless you've been a parent, it's hard to understand that it's not clapping and singing and going to the park all day.

This isn't really about a "guys' night out," though. They obviously have a problem in their marriage that they need to address. But we really don't have enough info to help now.
Oh, I totally get it.

yet, she got pregnant a third time - can't be that bad.

If you are overwhelmed, don't do it again ... and again! You can stop after one child, you know?

Old 09-26-2017, 09:29 AM

888 posts, read 556,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
Absolutely not. Not my intention to imply at all. We did not do this when they were very small. But if it is manageable, rock it.

My child was a bit of a nightmare as a baby until he was about 2.5 years old ( colic, no sleep, didn't sleep through the night, etc). I would have gone absolutely crazy without time away from him. I even went on a girls trip when he was about 2. I cried as I left him, but once I was gone it was the break I needed. Everyone is different. But I would be ok with my husband going out once a week, because I know I can do the same, if I want.

Old 09-26-2017, 09:35 AM

6,566 posts, read 8,411,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayden87 View Post
Incorrect it makes a lot of difference.

But yes after doing some re reading there is not enough info provided by the op.
The "OP" is more than 2 years old. Post #266 is the bump.

Old 10-03-2017, 01:55 PM

708 posts, read 722,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
I would never be with a man who spends every Saturday night out drinking without me.

Kids or no kids, it just wouldn't be for me.

But hey, if it works for you guys, go for it. I suppose all of you are in happy relationships.
As a husband I believe a guy should never go out every Saturday. Saturday night's are couple nights unless something was planned ahead and OK'ed by wife. NO surprises on weekend nights. That way if you have a guy trip she more likely to give you the OK. It is all about give and take..

Old 10-03-2017, 02:11 PM

888 posts, read 556,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willistonite View Post
As a husband I believe a guy should never go out every Saturday. Saturday night's are couple nights unless something was planned ahead and OK'ed by wife. NO surprises on weekend nights. That way if you have a guy trip she more likely to give you the OK. It is all about give and take..

Sure, not every Saturday night, but once or twice a month, no big deal. It is about give and take, and my husband going out on a few Saturday nights has nothing to do with a guys trip, of course he can do a guys trip, as can I ( a girls trip). People need to realize marriage doesn't mean you can't have a life outside of it each. I am not saying every Saturday night is ok, but Saturday night doesn't always have to be couple night, sometimes it can be friends night.

Old 10-03-2017, 02:38 PM

708 posts, read 722,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiangirl_2015 View Post
Sure, not every Saturday night, but once or twice a month, no big deal. It is about give and take, and my husband going out on a few Saturday nights has nothing to do with a guys trip, of course he can do a guys trip, as can I ( a girls trip). People need to realize marriage doesn't mean you can't have a life outside of it each. I am not saying every Saturday night is ok, but Saturday night doesn't always have to be couple night, sometimes it can be friends night.
Well you know I always like Canadian Girls! He is a lucky guy....

Old 10-04-2017, 04:06 PM

22 posts, read 12,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
I would sit him down and tell him how it is. He is a father now and needs to be there for his family. What if you wanted to go out every Saturday also? You need to find a compromise.
I absolutely agree. Ask him to sit with your child and go out with your friends You also need to relax and rest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships