Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2015, 11:45 AM

4,380 posts, read 4,450,358 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Has this friend ever been out with your husband during those late nights out? Does he know what your husband is doing until 3 a.m.?
If those text messages happened at 1:30 a.m., at least we know he's at the bar until 1:30. It's possible that he actually spends most of those nights at the bar until he comes home. We can't be sure, though.
Unless he pays for everything in cash, the bank statements should show if he's dining out after the bars close.

Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
That's true, but then they'd have said they would eat breakfast or a snack...I don't know. I just think they are both jerks
My friend works graveyard. He goes out for dinner at 24-hour places like IHOP or Denny's when he gets off work in the morning. Not the usual for most of us but not unheard of either.

[quote=Maila;39492928]I dont know Nikita. before anything maybe its better I get in touch with a lawyer. Remember I will be taking my daughter with me. [\quote]

Yes, definitely talk to a lawyer first! And given this new level of stress, going to see your doctor might be a good idea too since you are concerned about the baby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maila View Post
He said, find a middle ground because things will never be the same again between us.
What led to him saying this and that he'd never touch you again?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2015, 11:47 AM

1,192 posts, read 1,573,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWGirl74 View Post

What led to him saying this and that he'd never touch you again?
He tickles me a lot on my breasts which drives me crazy. I told him a billion times dont do that. When I said it the last time, is when he said he will never touch me again.

Old 05-05-2015, 12:19 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,128,778 times
Having been through a divorce fairly recently, I recommend that you do NOT move out until you have consulted and retained an attorney and devised a strategy (the strategy should ideally be on how to get HIM to agree to move out instead).

Old 05-05-2015, 12:32 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,337,436 times
Such an unfortunate turn of events Im really sorry youre going through this, OP. Stay strong.

Old 05-05-2015, 12:34 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,200,884 times
Quote:
ya, I am seeing her tomorrow

Actually, its like a jigsaw puzzle falling into place. When I tell him dont tickle me, he says i dont want him to touch me (there is huge difference between tickle and touch). Then he says, people like me are the reason men step outside the marriage looking for comfort. Then suddenly he says his car is giving him trouble and he spent 3000 on that. I asked him if he needed money. he said yes. I give him 3000, from the savings we had been doing for the new baby. He never ran out of money before. That should have given me a hint. Anyway, so I have took that 3000 from my new baby's expense to fund for hookers expense. Maybe a part of it went to the car but a part of it sure went to hookers. How could he?
he is falling short of money because he is visiting the bars too much and the visit a hooker after.
Wow. I really have been blind.

Yep, you married a sociopath.

Old 05-05-2015, 03:46 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,195,706 times
Quote:
I dont know Nikita. before anything maybe its better I get in touch with a lawyer. Remember I will be taking my daughter with me. He may turn around and say I abducted his daughter. Also, our home is a marital home; meaning its in his name but since its marital home, we should technically be selling it sharing whatever is remaining. leaving the home like this may cause some problems later. Though, I dont know for sure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
Yes, there are some states here in the US, where if you are out of the house, you cannot get back in, you lost your right.

Talking to a lawyer sounds fantastic. The sooner the better.
Maila, why do you think in terms of YOU leaving the home? Go talk to a lawyer first of all. If you are on legal ground to kick HIM out, do it! Call your local police and tell what you are about to do and ask for protection to be there. Don't know about Canada but it happens here in the US all the time. You and your daughter deserve to stay in the home, at least until things settle. Maybe you could afford to buy him out or maybe he'll eventually have to buy you out.

Gawwwd, don't give him one more cent! Or loonie! If anything, take the money and get another one in your name only if you don't have one already. DO NOT LEAVE THE HOME. I made that mistake. TALK TO A LAWYER BEFORE ANYTHING!! Even before you talk to the jerk. Please, Hon, Friday is not set in stone. I know you want to but put the brakes on until you speak with a divorce lawyer.

Old 05-07-2015, 12:48 PM

10,662 posts, read 9,320,581 times
I agree with Tam, you should keep the house, especially for the kids. He's the one who spends nights out, meeting women, wasting on them the money that should go in the household. He's obviously not home that much, so why wouldn't he be the one moving out?

Old 05-07-2015, 04:42 PM

6,720 posts, read 8,388,075 times
Also, apply for a credit card in your name so you can build up your individual credit. Charge something and pay it off. It's a small thing, but sometimes women have a tough time getting credit after leaving marriages.

http://www.womansdivorce.com/credit-after-divorce.html

Old 05-07-2015, 11:44 PM

5,874 posts, read 10,527,668 times
Quote:
Just wanted to know your perspective here. My husband goes out with his buddies almost every week. He says he is going out for a couple of beers but he leaves home at 6 PM and returns home only around 3 AM.
Is this common?

I have a 3 year old at home and I am expecting my second one in August. I have some pregnancy condition which makes me very tired by EOD. He has always been like this. This is nothing new.
So, i am just wondering, how often do you guys go? Is it wrong on my part to expect him to stay at home or at least return home at a reasonable time.

Seriously? You are pregnant and with a toddler and he is partying until 3am? Wtf is wrong with him??

I would defintely never let that happen in that situation

Old 05-07-2015, 11:47 PM

5,874 posts, read 10,527,668 times
Oh wait, i ve only read the first post and had to comment instantly cause i got furious at the thoufht of what he was doing, but apparently yourcsituation changed ??

*go read so i understand better
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships