Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2015, 08:26 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,448,407 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maila View Post
Updates: I ended up talking to him only on Friday evening. When I gave him the evidence he said that 1) he would never do such a thing, 2) he doesn’t have money for such thing.
He also said that he had contacted the service provider already as he had suspected suspicious activity and that he didn’t send any of the messages. For every question I had, he had a logical answer. Almost like he predicted what my next question is going to be.

He wasnt yelling or shouting and neither was I. It was unlike him; on any other of his 'normal' days, he would have thrown a fit and yelled and cursed etc.
I could not update the thread from home as he was home on Saturday and sunday...I didnt want him to even remotely suspect I have another online support system.
He's full of ****, Maila. Nobody else is sending those messages. His jerkwad buddy told him that you messed with his phone a couple days ago, and he's had this long to come up with an answer. I hope you are still planning on leaving him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2015, 08:36 AM

1,192 posts, read 1,577,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
He's full of ****, Maila. Nobody else is sending those messages. His jerkwad buddy told him that you messed with his phone a couple days ago, and he's had this long to come up with an answer. I hope you are still planning on leaving him.
Ya, i am getting there. Mom is persuading me to hang in there until she comes.

Old 05-11-2015, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikitakolata View Post
The fact that his response was so out of character tells me that it was carefully calculated and probably a lie. I would bet his friend tipped him off. I hope you don't believe him.

Have you spoken to a lawyer?
ya, probably that friend tipped him off. i have not contacted this lawyer yet. My mom is insisting that i wait until she gets here. On top of that, I am developing some complications related to pregnancy. Doctor told me she will need me on bed rest the last 2 months. Which is a month away. Dont know if I can manage all the lawyers stuff and then the best rest....bad timing/

Old 05-11-2015, 08:58 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,448,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maila View Post
ya, probably that friend tipped him off. i have not contacted this lawyer yet. My mom is insisting that i wait until she gets here. On top of that, I am developing some complications related to pregnancy. Doctor told me she will need me on bed rest the last 2 months. Which is a month away. Dont know if I can manage all the lawyers stuff and then the best rest....bad timing/
You need to take care of yourself, first and foremost. You are probably stressed out and that is causing the complications. I would start my bed rest now, if I were you. Just try to ignore your husband.

Old 05-11-2015, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
You need to take care of yourself, first and foremost. You are probably stressed out and that is causing the complications. I would start my bed rest now, if I were you. Just try to ignore your husband.
ya, mom is telling me the same thing. I have a doctors appointment tomorrow again. I will request him to give me a doctors note that I can submit to HR. With my experience, I am eligible for 24 weeks of 100% pay on short term disability. I might as well claim it when I need it the most. Then the maternity benefits kick in for a year.

Though that would mean i would have to stay with him home on his days off.

Old 05-11-2015, 09:59 AM

102,254 posts, read 108,199,089 times
I think you should at least try to find a good lawyer. You can do this even during your bed rest, calling people from the telephone directory or searching online. You can put together a list of questions, and briefly summarize your situation, and see how each lawyer responds, then compare to see who sounds most knowledgeable, who is the most thoughtful about the case, etc. Like interviewing the candidates. This way, you can have someone identified, for when your mother comes.

So, what was the upshot of your talk with your husband? If he feigned shock, and said he'd never do anything like that, did you at least ask him to stop the late nights out, now that your pregnancy is advancing? It's a reasonable request.

Old 05-11-2015, 10:32 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,233,504 times
I'm so glad you got back to us, Maila. Big load off my mind.

Hog wash! The buddy tipped him off. Good suggestions to go to bed now and take what is owed you and get a lawyer lined up for when Mom comes. Maybe he will go out on his days off.

Old 05-11-2015, 10:35 AM

3,339 posts, read 6,000,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I think you should at least try to find a good lawyer. You can do this even during your bed rest, calling people from the telephone directory or searching online. You can put together a list of questions, and briefly summarize your situation, and see how each lawyer responds, then compare to see who sounds most knowledgeable, who is the most thoughtful about the case, etc. Like interviewing the candidates. This way, you can have someone identified, for when your mother comes.

So, what was the upshot of your talk with your husband? If he feigned shock, and said he'd never do anything like that, did you at least ask him to stop the late nights out, now that your pregnancy is advancing? It's a reasonable request.
I agree, I wouldn't stop looking for a lawyer. Just because Malia finds a lawyer doesn't mean she has to be ready to act immediately, but if she knows who she's going to use she'll be in a better position to take action when she is ready. So, OP, that's what I would be doing, anyway.

Old 05-11-2015, 10:45 AM

9,130 posts, read 20,048,999 times
Malia, my wife's ex-husband was so bold in his cheating, that he introduced his "mistress" to my wife, while they were still married, in their own home as a friend. I am not sure the angle other than to guess he figured by making her a "friend" and getting my wife comfortable knowing of her, seeing her, befriending her, then she wouldn't become suspicious.

Words are cheap. REAL Cheap. Unless you see positive, and significant changes in his behavior towards you, I would take his excuses and reasonings with a grain of salt. People show their true intent through their actions.

With you on "bed rest" for two months, will he step up and be home more to take care of your other child? Certainly bed rest must call for a break from chasing a toddler all over.

Old 05-12-2015, 08:40 AM

4,380 posts, read 4,457,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkered24 View Post
With you on "bed rest" for two months, will he step up and be home more to take care of your other child? Certainly bed rest must call for a break from chasing a toddler all over.
I was wondering about this too. If she's on bed rest, who is going to take care of their child?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships