Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2015, 11:58 AM

41,936 posts, read 37,012,374 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinLaine View Post
I'm not making an issue of it. I started this thread to point out the fact that other people are making an issue of it. There's a big difference. It's not me who has an issue with me dating younger women, otherwise I wouldn't do it. You're also making an issue of it, I wonder why. Also may I say that being with a 22 year old is far from creepy. It's actually very nice to enjoy the company and affections of a very young woman. And the sex...ooooh. I have a great time and I can't see myself dating women my age again. But that's my preference.

Anybody who is threatened by a man who goes for what he really likes, well that's their problem. Which is why like I said earlier, my friends are envious while their wives and girlfriends are uncomfortable. It's their issue, certainly not mine. (I'm the guy that's having a great time, remember )

No, it isn't actually. You're making an issue of it here. No one else.

If someone IS making an issue of it elsewhere, the non stupid thing would to be engage with them about it. I would say the mature thing would to be engage with them about it. But that isn't your forte.

And yeah, I've worked with a lot of 21-25 yo, brilliant grad students, and it is creepy. They can have brilliant minds, but even when I was mid 30s it was so very apparent that they were children. I'd have to be incredibly immature to connect with them. Incredibly. I'm not though, neither are my friends.

No one is threatened by you dating kids. It's your call. They might pity you, and them. But it isn't envy, buddy, but keep patting yourself on your back.

And if you think sex is great with a 22 yo, well, been there/done that in my teens and 20s, and wait till you try a mid 40s woman. Holy smokes. That's living. Women don't start to hit their prime until late 30s for the most part. Had to take up crossfit just to keep up.

So, hey, keep making an issue of it, which you are. And I'll keep feeling bad for you.

Old 04-30-2015, 11:59 AM

102,233 posts, read 108,060,523 times
Quote:
Well it's more of a case of them preferring me. The thing is, they usually pursue me, and after a couple, I found that I really enjoyed the company of younger women. I guess for the same reasons that some older women enjoy the company of younger men.
Older women generally prefer to date men in their own age range. It's extremely rare to unheard of that older women seek out significantly younger men as a serious partner. In the instances where there is an older woman/younger man couple (and there are several among our mods and former mods here, with age gaps of 9-10 years or more), the men pursued the older women, and had to convince them they were serious. It's not that unusual for younger men to be interested in an older woman, but it's extremely rare for the interest to be reciprocal.

OP, you still haven't told us what you had in common with the teenagers you dated when you were 30, or what you have in common with the college students and other 20-year-olds you currently date. What do you have to talk about with them? Usually, people at such radically different stages in life don't have much to say to each other, though there are exceptions. Your friends' gfs/wives have probably been wondering the same thing. Your gf's don't fit into your social circle.

Old 04-30-2015, 12:00 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,901,760 times
Quote:
Why is this bothering you so much? I came here asking why some women have a problem with men dating younger women, and I get more of the same. You think I haven't heard the same old thing already?
Because these threads are always started by "new" posters. This isn't that common except on CD.

Old 04-30-2015, 12:01 PM

25 posts, read 16,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Try fanning yourself with a newspaper and see if they sniff around much.

Oh... and don't wave your car keys around, either.

These women (based on your description) aren't after you because you're irresistible. They cannot resist your money and the fact that you're baiting them with it.

Which is cool if you just want to get laid by younger women, but if you cannot see why the wives of your friends would find this undesirable from a social standpoint, I cannot help you because you're not being reasonable in your expectations of the spouses of your friends.
Why are you being so emotional about this? I'm dating younger women, I'm not hurting anyone, I'm a law abiding citizen, I pay my taxes and I help little old ladies across the road (but I won't date them). Your reactions are hilarious.

Old 04-30-2015, 12:02 PM

41,936 posts, read 37,012,374 times
Quote:
Why is this bothering you so much? I came here asking why some women have a problem with men dating younger women, and I get more of the same. You think I haven't heard the same old thing already?

No you didn't. Not sincerely. Since you already determined that they're envious and uncomfortable. Since you already had your "answer" and you reject every other possible answer, you're not really asking a question.

A mature person would know that and not waste time with fake "questions".

A mature person would also ask the individuals that are supposedly having a "problem" with what you're doing (if they existed).

But, you're not. And we know why that is. Because you're:

A) Not asking a sincere question
B) Not mature
C) All of the above

Old 04-30-2015, 12:03 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,213,227 times
Quote:
What do you mean grow up?
Well, new member who is rehashing a topic that has been discussed here eleventy billion times, maybe it's a matter of finding an identity and sticking with it.

Old 04-30-2015, 12:04 PM

102,233 posts, read 108,060,523 times
Quote:
I'm not making an issue of it. I started this thread to point out the fact that other people are making an issue of it. There's a big difference. It's not me who has an issue with me dating younger women, otherwise I wouldn't do it. You're also making an issue of it, I wonder why. Also may I say that being with a 22 year old is far from creepy. It's actually very nice to enjoy the company and affections of a very young woman. And the sex...ooooh. I have a great time and I can't see myself dating women my age again. But that's my preference.
This is interesting. You're going against the trend here on this forum lately, where the guys have been saying that women in their 30's and 40's are much better sex partners than 20-something women. I guess you wouldn't know, because you don't have much experience with older women. But according to the guys here, you're missing out. lol

Old 04-30-2015, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
No, it isn't actually. You're making an issue of it here. No one else.

If someone IS making an issue of it elsewhere, the non stupid thing would to be engage with them about it. I would say the mature thing would to be engage with them about it. But that isn't your forte.

And yeah, I've worked with a lot of 21-25 yo, brilliant grad students, and it is creepy. They can have brilliant minds, but even when I was mid 30s it was so very apparent that they were children. I'd have to be incredibly immature to connect with them. Incredibly. I'm not though, neither are my friends.

No one is threatened by you dating kids. It's your call. They might pity you, and them. But it isn't envy, buddy, but keep patting yourself on your back.

And if you think sex is great with a 22 yo, well, been there/done that in my teens and 20s, and wait till you try a mid 40s woman. Holy smokes. That's living. Women don't start to hit their prime until late 30s for the most part. Had to take up crossfit just to keep up.

So, hey, keep making an issue of it, which you are. And I'll keep feeling bad for you.
Creepy...dating kids...holy smokes older women are great in bed you're missing out...etc etc. Do you really expect anybody to believe that you aren't seething with anger at the fact that a man has preferences which don't include older women or women of certain body types? Come on now. Get real.

Old 04-30-2015, 12:05 PM

914 posts, read 766,829 times
Quote:

Anybody who is threatened by a man who goes for what he really likes, well that's their problem. Which is why like I said earlier, my friends are envious while their wives and girlfriends are uncomfortable. It's their issue, certainly not mine. (I'm the guy that's having a great time, remember )
Op, if that's what you want then do you! As other posters on here have said, they also have spouses 10+ years younger than they are and my own spouse is 4 years younger than me, And?? The difference is you have created a thread with 10 plus pages of trying to justify yourself to anonymous people on the internet, why? Just do what's good for you, for goodness sake.

Old 04-30-2015, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
This is interesting. You're going against the trend here on this forum lately, where the guys have been saying that women in their 30's and 40's are much better sex partners than 20-something women. I guess you wouldn't know, because you don't have much experience with older women. But according to the guys here, you're missing out. lol
I do have quite a bit of experience with older women. I can say without a doubt that I am most certainly not missing out. Let's just say that going with younger women is as far from "settling" as one can get, at least to my taste anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships