Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2015, 02:36 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,821,209 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinLaine View Post
You sound bitter. Why are you asking me such dumb questions? The whole point of this thread was to find out why there are some older women who have a problem with men dating younger women, and then you show up and demonstrate exactly that.

Do you seriously, in your wildest dreams, think you can possibly say anything that's going to make me think "oh my god, what am I doing? Dating younger women is yukky and horrible and I don't like it and I must stop"? Don't make me laugh. Seriously, put yourself in my shoes. Imagine being a 38 year old man, in bed with a hot 21 or 22 year old. Would you care what an old woman says to you? Of course not. you'd be laughing all the way to the bedroom. Come on now, get real.

A woman's libido peaks at 30 does it now? Hmm, ok, well, let's say that's true for argument's sake. Again, put yourself in my shoes. Would you rather have sex with a old woman at the peak of her libido which can only go...you've guessed it...downhill, or a hot, young, fresh little thing whose libido is rising year by year? I'll just wait here while you ponder that little puzzle. So erm, no dear, I'm not missing out, trust me on that.

Now you are just starting fights, plus you sound naive.

Lots of men can/do date younger women, lots of men prefer women their own age. Lots of women can/do date younger mean, lots of women prefer men their own age.

A lot depends on what you are looking for. If it's just a good time then frequently younger is the choice.

There is really nothing new, shocking or different here.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 04-30-2015, 02:38 PM

4,380 posts, read 4,449,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Now you are just starting fights, plus you sound naive.

Lots of men can/do date younger women, lots of men prefer women their own age. Lots of women can/do date younger mean, lots of women prefer men their own age.

A lot depends on what you are looking for. If it's just a good time then frequently younger is the choice.

There is really nothing new, shocking or different here.
Threads like this one are the reason I keep popcorn in my desk drawer.

Old 04-30-2015, 02:40 PM

11,790 posts, read 12,025,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
And most guys will turn down younger women too for dating.

Same thing. Hot bodies are well and good, but great sex comes from emotional connections and meeting of the minds, and the minds are so much more well developed in all areas when people get older.
My husband had dated within 10 years of his age, but the older he got, the more the age gap shrank, not expanded. Moving into his mid-late 30s, he wanted and needed something more than the women he encountered that were 5 or more years younger. (We were born the same year, BTW)

Old 04-30-2015, 02:49 PM

90 posts, read 89,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbiePoster View Post
I'm in my early 30's, and I'm definitely not into women between 18 and about 25, give or take. Women that age tend to be kinda flakey or flighty, or emo, and not grounded and down-to-earth. Even the ones who aren't into partying are lacking maturity in some ways, from the perspective of someone in their 30's. You can tell their psyches are still works-in-progress. They're still working on gaining confidence in the world, they don't have much experience in the work world, except part-time jobs or student jobs. There's not much common ground, there.

But if that's ok with you, OP, go for it. But if this is working so well for you, why are you still dating around, at 38? Have you been dating any of these women as a serious LTR-potential kind of thing, or is this about having fun? Cuz it does look a little weird for someone who's closing in on the big 4-0 to be hanging with college-age women. Those guys end up looking like overgrown kids themselves. Your name wouldn't be Quagmire, would it? lol But if you're not into marriage, then live your life. You don't need anyone's approval.
Stop on! I feel the exact same way. As a 35 year old man, and quite the old soul, It's difficult to connect with people my own age. Let alone someone in their late teens/early 20's. Do they look up long enough from their "smart" phones to be able to hold a cohesive conversation? Especially without the over-use of the word "like"...

Old 04-30-2015, 03:04 PM

11,157 posts, read 7,955,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbiePoster View Post
I'm in my early 30's, and I'm definitely not into women between 18 and about 25, give or take. Women that age tend to be kinda flakey or flighty, or emo, and not grounded and down-to-earth. Even the ones who aren't into partying are lacking maturity in some ways, from the perspective of someone in their 30's. You can tell their psyches are still works-in-progress. They're still working on gaining confidence in the world, they don't have much experience in the work world, except part-time jobs or student jobs. There's not much common ground, there.

But if that's ok with you, OP, go for it. But if this is working so well for you, why are you still dating around, at 38? Have you been dating any of these women as a serious LTR-potential kind of thing, or is this about having fun? Cuz it does look a little weird for someone who's closing in on the big 4-0 to be hanging with college-age women. Those guys end up looking like overgrown kids themselves. Your name wouldn't be Quagmire, would it? lol But if you're not into marriage, then live your life. You don't need anyone's approval.
Yup.. You're in your early thirties and have massive more " life experience" than 18-25 year olds ( give or take) and so much more mature!
Gimme a break!

Old 04-30-2015, 03:06 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,245,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinLaine View Post
Why are you being so emotional about this? I'm dating younger women, I'm not hurting anyone, I'm a law abiding citizen, I pay my taxes and I help little old ladies across the road (but I won't date them). Your reactions are hilarious.
You're kidding me, right?

I've told you repeatedly that I don't care who you date. I don't care who anyone dates except my kids at this point.

I don't care who my friends date unless they show up with criminals or the like.

I'm married to a younger man. I ain't hatin' anyone who'd date younger.

That you'll ONLY date younger is the part I find strange. From the perspective of a passerby.

Most people I know who wind up in LTRs where there's a big age gap don't do it on purpose. They just meet someone they have a lot in common with, then find out there's a big age gap.

That's how I started dating my husband. I had him pegged about 5-7 years younger than me, tops, until I found out his actual age.

I think you're hoping people will be incensed by your thread.

Old 04-30-2015, 03:08 PM

11,790 posts, read 12,025,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
Yup.. You're in your early thirties and have massive more " life experience" than 18-25 year olds ( give or take) and so much more mature!
Gimme a break!
The adult brain doesn't fully finish forming until around age 25 so I don't know why you think someone that is 32 wouldn't have a lot of life experience compared to a 22 year old.

Old 04-30-2015, 03:11 PM

29,739 posts, read 34,367,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
The adult brain doesn't fully finish forming until around age 25 so I don't know why you think someone that is 32 wouldn't have a lot of life experience compared to a 22 year old.
Remember she's dating a friend of her dad's, so she's got a dog in the fight, so to speak.

Old 04-30-2015, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyJ34 View Post
OP didn't make the thread go over 10 pages. He made his initial posting, then so many emotionally reactive people responded and gave the thread legs. He obviously ruffled a few feathers. Over a simple question.
I don't think you and I are reading the same thread.

Old 04-30-2015, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
I'm angry that I told myself this week I'd clean my closet where my cat peed and still haven't gotten around to it. Your anger at kayaking is way cooler.
I was a bit peeved that I didn't get some paperwork submitted for a lemon law case, but I got that done today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships