Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2015, 12:44 PM

2,209 posts, read 2,331,480 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenorSax83 View Post
Op, if that's what you want then do you! As other posters on here have said, they also have spouses 10+ years younger than they are and my own spouse is 4 years younger than me, And?? The difference is you have created a thread with 10 plus pages of trying to justify yourself to anonymous people on the internet, why? Just do what's good for you, for goodness sake.
OP didn't make the thread go over 10 pages. He made his initial posting, then so many emotionally reactive people responded and gave the thread legs. He obviously ruffled a few feathers. Over a simple question.

Old 04-30-2015, 12:45 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,919,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
I'm a little bitter that while the weekend is going to be great, the water is still too cold to safely kayak without at dry suit around here, and I just got a new kayak... so yeah, I guess I'm angry about that.

In general? Nope.
I'm angry that I told myself this week I'd clean my closet where my cat peed and still haven't gotten around to it. Your anger at kayaking is way cooler.

Old 04-30-2015, 12:49 PM

41,936 posts, read 37,127,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyJ34 View Post
OP didn't make the thread go over 10 pages. He made his initial posting, then so many emotionally reactive people responded and gave the thread legs. He obviously ruffled a few feathers. Over a simple question.

Come on. It wasn't a sincere question. You know that. He had his agenda, and his "answers" to his "questions" before he posted about this (almost certainly fictitious) scenario.

There was nothing about it that was a "simple question". It was agenda pushing. The same agenda that occurs AT LEAST once a week on this forum by a "new" first time poster.

Old 04-30-2015, 12:51 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,880,400 times
I'm in my early 30's, and I'm definitely not into women between 18 and about 25, give or take. Women that age tend to be kinda flakey or flighty, or emo, and not grounded and down-to-earth. Even the ones who aren't into partying are lacking maturity in some ways, from the perspective of someone in their 30's. You can tell their psyches are still works-in-progress. They're still working on gaining confidence in the world, they don't have much experience in the work world, except part-time jobs or student jobs. There's not much common ground, there.

But if that's ok with you, OP, go for it. But if this is working so well for you, why are you still dating around, at 38? Have you been dating any of these women as a serious LTR-potential kind of thing, or is this about having fun? Cuz it does look a little weird for someone who's closing in on the big 4-0 to be hanging with college-age women. Those guys end up looking like overgrown kids themselves. Your name wouldn't be Quagmire, would it? lol But if you're not into marriage, then live your life. You don't need anyone's approval.

Old 04-30-2015, 01:28 PM

20,778 posts, read 20,078,523 times
Quote:
I'm a little bitter that while the weekend is going to be great, the water is still too cold to safely kayak without at dry suit around here, and I just got a new kayak... so yeah, I guess I'm angry about that.

In general? Nope.
Get a dry suit?

Old 04-30-2015, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
Get a dry suit?

Naw

A) The budget doesn't allow it (I just had a long weekend out of town, got the kayak and need a new bike... and some show tickets I want... and I need to move to a new apartment, it add up fast!)
B) I don't like being cooped up in them, never liked them. Part of the fun of kayaking is being out in the sun and getting wet to me.

I'll just go hiking. The snakes should be out and I have some new places to target some species, and some orchids should be starting to flower.

Old 04-30-2015, 01:40 PM

4,380 posts, read 4,463,471 times
Quote:
I'll just go hiking. The snakes should be out and I have some new places to target some species, and some orchids should be starting to flower.
I find the snakes to be most uncooperative when I'm trying to take pictures of them. On the trail I walk at lunch, it became my goal to capture one on "film" so to speak.

Bummer about the kayaking though. I hate when I get new toys and can't play with them.

Old 04-30-2015, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWGirl74 View Post
I find the snakes to be most uncooperative when I'm trying to take pictures of them. On the trail I walk at lunch, it became my goal to capture one on "film" so to speak.

Bummer about the kayaking though. I hate when I get new toys and can't play with them.

So to speak? So you sold out to digital did you?

Old 04-30-2015, 01:51 PM

25 posts, read 16,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
I meant I am not jealous because I am was never rejected by a guy and then found out he dated a 20 year old instead.

I would not want to date a man who has - in the past - dated much younger women.

So the much younger women come with much younger friends. Do you hang out with them? So you are the 38 year old guy sitting at the ice cream place with 20 year olds who giggle about stuff you don't find funny anymore and get overly dramatic over things you would not even discuss anymore?

I was eating pizza yesterday and there were a bunch of young kids sitting on the neighbor table. I was listening in on their conversation (they were very loud as kids are) - wow - I could not sit there with them and discuss stuff they find discuss worthy. I don't know how you can hang out with them and fit in.

BTW, a woman's libido peaks in their 30's. You are missing out.
You sound bitter. Why are you asking me such dumb questions? The whole point of this thread was to find out why there are some older women who have a problem with men dating younger women, and then you show up and demonstrate exactly that.

Do you seriously, in your wildest dreams, think you can possibly say anything that's going to make me think "oh my god, what am I doing? Dating younger women is yukky and horrible and I don't like it and I must stop"? Don't make me laugh. Seriously, put yourself in my shoes. Imagine being a 38 year old man, in bed with a hot 21 or 22 year old. Would you care what an old woman says to you? Of course not. you'd be laughing all the way to the bedroom. Come on now, get real.

A woman's libido peaks at 30 does it now? Hmm, ok, well, let's say that's true for argument's sake. Again, put yourself in my shoes. Would you rather have sex with a old woman at the peak of her libido which can only go...you've guessed it...downhill, or a hot, young, fresh little thing whose libido is rising year by year? I'll just wait here while you ponder that little puzzle. So erm, no dear, I'm not missing out, trust me on that.

Old 04-30-2015, 02:01 PM

102,323 posts, read 108,528,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinLaine View Post
You sound bitter. Why are you asking me such dumb questions? The whole point of this thread was to find out why there are some older women who have a problem with men dating younger women, and then you show up and demonstrate exactly that.
That's not what she's demonstrating. She's just trying to understand what you could possibly have in common with 20-year-olds, and their friends, with that whole crowd. You've consistently avoided answering this question since the beginning of the thread, whenever it's come up. Some of us are just trying to understand you, and are giving you a chance to explain your choices/preferences. But you seem to want to believe that people are judging you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinLaine;
A woman's libido peaks at 30 does it now? Hmm, ok, well, let's say that's true for argument's sake. Again, put yourself in my shoes. Would you rather have sex with a old woman at the peak of her libido which can only go...you've guessed it...downhill, or a hot, young, fresh little thing whose libido is rising year by year? I'll just wait here while you ponder that little puzzle. So erm, no dear, I'm not missing out, trust me on that.
OK, now you're revealing your hidden agenda. You called a (hypothetical) woman your age "old". That would also make you "old". Why would a 20-something woman want to be with an old man, whose libido has seen better days? (FYI, you peaked in your teens and have been losing ground ever since. Wait 'til your 40's hit; you'll really notice a difference then. And so will women of any age.) Face it; according to your own criteria, you're an old man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships