Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you be willing to be in an open relationship and/or an in open marriage?
Yes (Male) 26 16.67%
No (Male) 49 31.41%
Yes (Female) 14 8.97%
No (Female) 67 42.95%
Voters: 156. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2015, 08:42 PM

2,776 posts, read 3,996,045 times

Advertisements

Would I be willing to entertain an open-relationship? It depends... there's so many variables and I would have to analyze the situation particular to the relationship if the topic came up. I'm open-minded, but I'm not stupid and certainly I do not want to be put at risk of an STD, an unwanted pregnancy, nor any other negative elements impacting my life.

The "free love" concept when the adults have children doesn't have to be complicated. As long as the children aren't exposed to anything that can psychologically scar them or which models negative behavior there shouldn't be a problem. I've seen adults in monogamous/traditional relationships get violent in front of their children and likewise I've known swingers in loving relationships that didn't likewise scar anyone's children. That which is defined as "conventional" isn't always the best, and I guess that is my current position on this topic.

A prior reply mentioned parents swinging with an older teen while having a teen of similar age and I think although the son in the anecdote didn't approve, it truly wasn't any of his business nor place to approve or disapprove. They reportedly "hated it" but if everyone involved was a consenting adult, no laws were broken, and nothing but love was demonstrated, then the issue was truly a non-issue. As children we don't get to "choose" our parents, we just live under their roofs and in their care until we become adults.

As a parent I hope my children going forward are only exposed to loving relationships and if they ask about my sexuality and future relationships post divorce, I will be truthful to them as I am with everything else. I figure I might as well be straight-forward in sharing my own lessons-learned so they don't repeat my mistakes of judgement (or so they have relevant data to base their own judgements upon regardless of how they turn out). I don't want my kids to engage in promiscuous/risky behavior but neither do I want them to be afraid or ignorant of their sexuality as I was for much of my youth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2015, 09:04 PM

5,899 posts, read 5,811,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
No, I rather stay single and have all the sex I want from women who only want to have sex. Open marriages/relationships are stupid. But thats just humble opinion.
Your approach here is totally cool as well!

Frankly, if I didn't want to adopt and raise children, and I myself might consider this option as well!

Old 05-02-2015, 09:08 PM

52,387 posts, read 52,861,348 times
That sort of thing ain't my bag, baby.....

Old 05-02-2015, 09:19 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,696,989 times
Nope. Doesn't fit our lifestyle at all.

Old 05-02-2015, 09:47 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,516,136 times
Another great thread started by someone that is a virgin talking about something they have so much exp. with

Last edited by Teckeeee; 05-02-2015 at 10:00 PM..

Old 05-02-2015, 09:54 PM

7,084 posts, read 8,975,061 times
I was expecting a normal thread about open relationships, did not expect it to get so weird with the whole castration thing.

Old 05-02-2015, 10:00 PM

1,201 posts, read 1,581,772 times
Personally I'd try out the whole sex thing first before I started letting people hack away and my man parts, but do as you must. I could never be in an open marriage. The thought of my wife having sex with another man outweighs the pleasure I could get out of being with other women.

Old 05-02-2015, 10:06 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,516,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dejaentendu19 View Post
Personally I'd try out the whole sex thing first before I started letting people hack away and my man parts, but do as you must. I could never be in an open marriage. The thought of my wife having sex with another man outweighs the pleasure I could get out of being with other women.
I remember watching one of my fav shows Ray Donovan, where Hank Azeria was just going to town on his apprentice's wife.................. thinking what is worth that watching some guy, your boss, tool your wife like that.

Old 05-02-2015, 10:22 PM

16,959 posts, read 17,387,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futurist110 View Post
Your approach here is totally cool as well!

Frankly, if I didn't want to adopt and raise children, and I myself might consider this option as well!
You dont have to cut your balls off like some farm animal. With today's modern medical procedures, theres less crude ways to become sterile.

Old 05-02-2015, 10:23 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,696,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by woxyroxme View Post
I was expecting a normal thread about open relationships, did not expect it to get so weird with the whole castration thing.
Haven't read many posts by the OP, eh?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships