Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you be willing to be in an open relationship and/or an in open marriage?
Yes (Male) 26 16.67%
No (Male) 49 31.41%
Yes (Female) 14 8.97%
No (Female) 67 42.95%
Voters: 156. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2015, 11:08 PM

5,899 posts, read 5,812,450 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teckeeee View Post
Another great thread started by someone that is a virgin talking about something they have so much exp. with
Just because I haven't had sex yet doesn't mean that I don't have an opinion on this matter. If anything, you appear to be guilty of the argumentum ad hominem fallacy here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2015, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
You dont have to cut your balls off like some farm animal. With today's modern medical procedures, theres less crude ways to become sterile.
Sure, but as far as I know, all of these ways are capable of failure, which is completely unacceptable to me. (And Yes, abstaining from vaginal sex with any fertile and potentially fertile woman for the rest of my life is likewise completely unacceptable to me.)

Old 05-02-2015, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Haven't read many posts by the OP, eh?
No, apparently he or she has not.

Old 05-02-2015, 11:51 PM

18,162 posts, read 15,671,283 times
No way. For me, sex is a private intimacy. Not some base act just to acheive orgasm. Its a confidence and trust. My partner is not a tool that I loan out for someone else's use, nor do I wish to be that myself. If I'm in a relationship, my heart is all in. This concept of open relationships sounds like pure torture to me. If your going to have sex with whoever, whenever, it can't be called a "relationship". Not even sure what to call it. Roomies with benefits?

And a marriage tbags like that? Call me old fashioned, but, that has to be the most ludicrous concept ever dreamed up. What do these people do for sex with each other? Make and appointment? Wouldn't want a h scheduled overlapping, now would we. When did sex become such an unimportant and blase' issue in /marriage/relationships?

Old 05-03-2015, 12:59 AM

4,575 posts, read 5,208,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommie789 View Post
NOPE
I am happy with one guy and less drama in long run.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
No way. For me, sex is a private intimacy. Not some base act just to acheive orgasm. Its a confidence and trust. My partner is not a tool that I loan out for someone else's use, nor do I wish to be that myself. If I'm in a relationship, my heart is all in. This concept of open relationships sounds like pure torture to me. If your going to have sex with whoever, whenever, it can't be called a "relationship". Not even sure what to call it. Roomies with benefits?

And a marriage tbags like that? Call me old fashioned, but, that has to be the most ludicrous concept ever dreamed up. What do these people do for sex with each other? Make and appointment? Wouldn't want a h scheduled overlapping, now would we. When did sex become such an unimportant and blase' issue in /marriage/relationships?
Gotta go with this, far as my personal opinion and morale is concerned.

If I am with a guy and we're having sexual relations already, then I apparently really like him, and for lack of better word, I don't like sharing a man I have serious interest in. All I would need is him, and I wouldn't feel good about him seeing a bunch of other women. So for a solid relationship I want monogamy.

I would actually be offended if a partner of mine wanted an open relationship or to swing. Sounds like he's saying just being with me isn't good enough, and he needs to be able to have other women to be able to put up with me. Or if he came to me, saying he wanted to see me with another man, makes it seems like I am a toy he wants to share and pass around to his friends. I would like to think a man I was dating would hate the thought of me with another man, just like I would not care for thinking of him with another woman. I would also be wondering if he's been sleeping around already, but feeling guilty. So that would open a can of worms. If I was dating someone seriously, then one of the 1st things they'd know about me is I am not interested in non-monogamy.

No offense to those in open relationships. You know your feelings, so more power to those who participate and love it. But not something I personally could get on board with, because the above is how I would feel. The only way I would do open is if it was a guy I just settled for, and thus wasn't too attached to, and wouldn't be broken up about losing.

Last edited by HappyRain; 05-03-2015 at 01:13 AM..

Old 05-03-2015, 03:17 AM

849 posts, read 270,726 times
I think I would still be married if my ex-husband had agreed to an open marriage. We were good friends, best friends it was just that the spark had gone out of our marriage. I met someone whose company I enjoyed as well as other things and when my husband found out, I encouraged him to go find someone too.

I think at one point he was seeing someone, but it was short lived. He was pretty traditional (Irish Catholic).

Although now that the dust has settled from our divorce, I am living a life I dreamed about. My own condo, decorated how I like things, going out and exploring and doing what I WANT to do and living life for ME.

Not for HIM or for ANYONE...Yes, it is all about me right now, but after 25 years with him, it's time. I earned it!

Old 05-03-2015, 09:10 AM

5,988 posts, read 10,491,206 times
My wife and I have had some version of an open relationship since we met 15 years ago. At first, we were in a polyamorous relationship - she had another b/f and I had another g/f, who are still good friends even though the poly arrangement ended years ago. Then we got involved in swinging together, just for the sexual variety and social aspects. We still do that occasionally. And now we are also more typically open, but we seldom actively pursue it unless someone extraordinary comes along.

Old 05-03-2015, 09:18 AM

7,400 posts, read 6,386,191 times
In my current marriage, no. But the end of my first marriage was open.

Old 05-03-2015, 09:20 AM

97 posts, read 80,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futurist110 View Post
Just because I haven't had sex yet doesn't mean that I don't have an opinion on this matter. If anything, you appear to be guilty of the argumentum ad hominem fallacy here.
LOL. OP. What are you doing to yourself? And to your life? There are many birth controls for men and women. Why would you even consider doing that to yourself WILLINGLY?

But then again, you ARE a virgin so ... Wow I agree with the other poster this thread is just so weird. You're weird OP.

I suggest you hire a ho ASAP. You won't have any problem impregnating them because as far as I know they don't have any problem terminating pregnancy.

OP, you need help, MENTALLY. For serious.

Old 05-03-2015, 09:24 AM

6,509 posts, read 8,480,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futurist110 View Post
Open = Non-monogamous.

As for me, Yes, I do; after all, life is too short for monogamy. Thus, I am going to insist that all future relationships and marriages of mine be open ones.

After all, after I will get castrated (Yes, castrated), I will have a lot of sex to "catch up on" (without ever worrying about the risk of unwanted pregnancy and forced child support payments afterwards regardless of which women I will have sex with).
How do you protect yourself against that other person though? Say that you wrap it up as a man when you're out and about; how do you know what she's doing? Everyone has those moments when they lose all inhibitions and they slip up.

While the variety is interesting I think that you do lose something with respect to intimacy with your partner. I've never contracted any STD before, so that would open me up to that possibility. Sure, people do what they do regardless but an open situation gives them license to do it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships