Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2015, 05:50 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,178,273 times

Advertisements

That's a huge leap you are taking from adding a friend and liking their pics to actually meeting up.

Yes, you sound extremely paranoid.

I add people on Facebook all the time. And I like their pics. And I'm not meeting up or sleeping with them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2015, 05:51 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,882,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_ink View Post
I know I'm being insecure but how would you deal with some guy adding your gf on Facebook, liking her pics and probably messaging her to meet up? the guy lives in the same neighborhood, they used to work for the same company. I can't pretend it doesn't bother me because it does.
I add all kinds of guys for various reasons and my husband could give a hoot. I've added them for a variety of reasons, none of which have to do with fooling around.

Alot of people "like" pics and some are guys I really don't remember. None are exes. If she is going to full around then she is going to fool around and it will probably have nothing to do with FB.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 06-08-2015, 05:59 PM

5,413 posts, read 6,709,438 times
Quote:
I know I'm being insecure but how would you deal with some guy adding your gf on Facebook, liking her pics and probably messaging her to meet up? the guy lives in the same neighborhood, they used to work for the same company. I can't pretend it doesn't bother me because it does.
I have tons of male friends on facebook...some even ex boyfriends...we even chat sometimes and like each others pictures. Hubby couldn't care less (and he is friends with women friends as well and I don't either).

This is really not healthy behavior.....you need to get yourself in order.

Old 06-08-2015, 06:29 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,275,187 times
Quote:
You've made a giant leap. Hell, I'm friends with tons of guys on FB. My husband doesn't care. I'm not meeting up with them or whatever. We just comment on one another's timelines, etc.

It's nice to see what people have been up to. It's a passive way to stay in touch.

What on earth has made you so paranoid?

I am friends with a number of guys who are musicians. Some are exes. Some are not. They regularly ask if I'll come catch one of their shows.

I think about going occasionally, but it would be just to say hello and hear the band, not for a clandestine hookup.

Honestly. People can just be friends.

Old 06-08-2015, 06:32 PM

22,595 posts, read 47,698,122 times
God, break up with her!

Jealous AND paranoid...
She deserves better.

Old 06-08-2015, 06:41 PM

513 posts, read 429,481 times
Quote:
Guys friend girls over social media all the time and I'm pretty sure a good number of them are in relationships. And you're making up these speculations of her seeing this guy. If you're feeling that insecure, maybe you should take a step back and evaluate your relationship, gf, as well as yourself. Where are you getting all of these speculations from? Why can't you trust your gf? Why are you so afraid?

Old 06-08-2015, 08:53 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,975,596 times
Quote:
You are taking insecure to a whole new level. How to deal with it?

First of all, have you TALKED TO HER about this, other than suggesting you break up??

Secondly, I think you need therapy. The lengths you have gone to here are NOT normal and are extreme.

These are not signs of a typical, healthy relationship:

Quote:

...we don't talk/text much in between dates.

...there is very little communication between us when we're not together,

...sometimes 2 or even 3 days go by without any contact.

I created a fake profile and added him just so that I could monitor their activity.

You're jealous, plain and simple. Get help.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog...alous-feelings

Old 06-09-2015, 12:34 AM

269 posts, read 371,269 times
Quote:
Yes you are being insecure, but I can see how you got to this point. It is something I might have done in my younger days so I can relate - I used to be very insecure as well. Think about it - this is eating you up to be thinking they are secretly communicating on FB. It's not worth feeling like this all the time. You need to nip this in the bud. Either ask her about the guy, or just accept that you have no actual proof and stop worrying. Hopefully you can do the latter.

Old 06-09-2015, 04:55 AM

287 posts, read 327,232 times
Two things I see here- 1) She doesn't talk/text with you much in between dates. What about when your on dates? Is she constantly checking her Facebook? Is she texting while your at restaurants or just relaxing at home rather than interacting with you? An immediate red red flag for me to stop or not even try start a relationship with anyone is finding out they constantly have their eyes turned down to their smartphone and treating everything else as a minor annoyance. Is she constantly posting on Facebook? Is every little detail of her life on her account? Does she have 100+ "friends?"

I was dating a very nice, very funny girl for a little over a half year. I'd say it was about a month in to our relationship that I noticed our conversations were shorter and less frequent. We'd be out on a walk and instead of walking by my side she'd be ten paces behind me staring down at her phone. We'd be at a restaurant just making small talk when "DING!" her phone would chime, she'd clam up and spend the rest of the evening answering texts and posting on Facebook. She ended up moving out of state, but had she stayed it was to the point where I would have broken up with her anyway.

2) Yeah, other posters are correct. You seem to have some insecurity issues. Every girlfriend I've had has had other male friends they talk to, chat with, work with and some of those male friends they saw and interacted with more than me. Especially if they were coworkers. I work in an office with 40+ employees, 90% of whom are women. I see these women eight plus hours a day, five days a week. I count a couple of them very good friends in and outside the office. Would I date them? No I would not- I wouldn't even consider any romantic involvement with them whatsoever. But they are close friends who I confide in on a regular basis. If I have a girlfriend who suddenly becomes jealous of my female friends- she has an issue, not me.

Old 06-09-2015, 05:11 AM

5,295 posts, read 5,241,552 times
When you posted that you were in your early 30's, did you miss-type that? Are you actually in your early 20's? That would be more believeable. Maybe even late teens...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships