Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2015, 12:53 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,235,784 times

Advertisements

Yup. I don't even want to think about the financial **** storm that awaits us if my father-in-law passes on before my mother-in-law.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Now see, the bolded is complete horshyt.

Kids don't ask to be born, and I don't think parents should use them to supplement their 401k planning.....

I know because of my mothers poor financial planning I got stuck funding her life, this hurt me a lot financially I went into some pretty serious debt because if it , took me yrs to climb out of it.

It's nice to have family to help out and all, but damn.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2015, 12:54 PM

227 posts, read 195,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fargobound View Post
I feel sorry for the husband, because in the end if she feels this way he’ll end up burned. While I’m not a MGTOW yet I do understand after reading posts like this why the movement is growing.
But she's just expressing how overwhelmed she's feeling. What's wrong with that? Don't men feel overwhelmed at times too? Don't you think her husband might be feeling the same way too? No where did she say she wants to end her marriage, or she doesn't love her husband. This is a normal part of the rhythms of marriage. If a man had posted the same thing, would you have said 'Wow, I can understand why women don't want to get married as much now'?

Are you married?

Old 07-04-2015, 12:57 PM

OP: you've taken on a lot of responsibility at a very young age, so these feelings are to be expected. Unfortunately, there are some choices we make that cannot be undone. Focus on your kids, do some soul-searching to see if marriage is salvageable. It's also very important to make sure you take the time to be irresponsible once in a while, because it may be just what you need to not feel so overwhelmed all the time.

Old 07-04-2015, 12:59 PM

106 posts, read 87,857 times
Sadly, I feel the same way as the OP and I am contemplating divorcing my wife after almost a month of marriage. I am going to tell her tonight.

Old 07-04-2015, 01:06 PM

586 posts, read 831,925 times
Thanks for everyone's advises. After a night's sleep, I feel more refreshed and those thoughts are gone.

I love my kids, dont get me wrong. Now that they are here, I wouldnt change it for the world. Its just so contradictory I know about the way I feel sometimes...I love them, they are my world but I wish I had waited to get married? Sometimes the thought is so confusing it gives me a headache. There are times when both of them are playing in the bath, and I just look at them adoringly and cant believe I produced such lovely children.

The relationship with my husband is not perfect, I mean marriage is hard work, its not always flowers and roses but I know he tries his best to help me make up for the things I missed out on life. We cant afford on international travel or somewhere exotic with 2 kids, but he always plans domestic trips yearly, whether it be CA, Chicago, Las Vegas etc. We went to Hawaii for our honeymoon and plan to go back next year with the kids.

Theres really no point dwelling in the past now, I will never be able to travel during my prime time, so the only option now is traveling later in life. When I am 36, my oldest will be 13 so its not too bad, I could lug them around and we could all enjoy it, especially at 36, I hope that I will be more financially stable so traveling expenses wont be such a big deal to me. I am planning on applying to a master's program and only need 2 years and plan to do that next year once oldest son goes to pre school.

As for someone who said even if I were single I probably wouldnt be able to travel because of money not coming in, I really doubt it. I endured some hardships the first 6 months of college, but when I landed that job, money came flowing in, and it was quite a bit considering I was a college student. I was able to afford a new car after 2 years (the car I originally had was given to me by my mom and could die on me anytime). I remember the tax accountant commenting how much money I made as a college student. I was making $2,200 a month vs my friends making less than $1000. Rent was so cheap at that time, and so was electricity so I was alwasy able to save one of my pay checks. Haha, sometimes I miss the money, but I have given that up to raise kids. I still have the same job, but only work part time now.

Old 07-04-2015, 01:16 PM

586 posts, read 831,925 times
about staying childless longer we were planning on doing that and not trying to get pregnant until I am 24-25 (which would be now according to plan) but things dont always go our way. My mom recently had a baby almost a year into our marriage. She kept urging us to have kids because kids complete a family and we will be on another level and its gonna give us another type of bond. I have always loved babies ever since I was little and hanging out with my baby sister brought out the maternal instinct in me. My husband is 8 years older so he wanted to have a baby anytime but was just waiting on me which we agreeed would be 3-4 years after we married.

I was on birth control pills at the time, and we were on vacation so I forgot to take some and got pregnant. Which was no biggie, we were actually both excited when we found out since we werent dead set on not having children. Unfortunately, I started having cramps and doctors said I was probably going to miscarry since they couldnt find any signs of a developing fetus. Husband and I cried and prayed that a miracle would happen but I miscarried anyway. Thats when we knew how much we wanted that child. So we tried again after 2 months. The first month, was negative. Second month, i thought I was out again and husband and I talked about holding it off and waiting 2 more years. I agreed, but when I went to the bathroom to check the pregnancy stick I got 2 lines. Despite our discussion to wait, we were so happy, Husband pampered me throughout my pregnancy. haha and the little guy is standign right next to me right now as I type this. Ahh, memories.

Old 07-04-2015, 01:32 PM

Already??
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman110 View Post
Sadly, I feel the same way as the OP and I am contemplating divorcing my wife after almost a month of marriage. I am going to tell her tonight.

Old 07-04-2015, 01:56 PM

106 posts, read 87,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
Already??
Yeah pretty much. We got married too young.

Old 07-04-2015, 01:59 PM

4,236 posts, read 8,145,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weeblywobbly View Post
But she's just expressing how overwhelmed she's feeling. What's wrong with that? Don't men feel overwhelmed at times too?

That feeling is going to grow like compounded interest given the media’s unsavory and unhealthy views on long-term relationships.

Do men feel overwhelmed? I can’t answer that question for all men, but number men need and want LOYAL women.

Old 07-04-2015, 02:04 PM

227 posts, read 195,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fargobound View Post
That feeling is going to grow like compounded interest given the media’s unsavory and unhealthy views on long-term relationships.

Do men feel overwhelmed? I can’t answer that question for all men, but number men need and want LOYAL women.
My dude. You're projecting your issues all over OP's post. Where has she been disloyal? Please, provide quotes from her post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships