Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2015, 01:49 PM

2,013 posts, read 1,608,832 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brantleygilbert View Post
I said 10% because 50% of society is men and 40% are women who are too old/too young/married
That still doesn't make sense. Then that 10 percent would include women who you don't find desirable.

I just find it incredible that someone who makes friends easily and is attractive has such difficulty. There's got to be something missing from this picture. Have you asked your friends what they think the issue is?

Old 07-12-2015, 01:49 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,593,150 times
Quote:
It's not a question of social skills
Doubtful.

Quote:
the real problem is that women don't make themselves available to me
Because they aren't interested. And why do you think that is?

Quote:
Maybe I'm just not assertive enough? It's just difficult. I hate rejection...the whole process is a pain in the ass for me
Yes,this is definitely it. Start strong-arming them, and seeing how that works out for you.

Old 07-12-2015, 01:52 PM

837 posts, read 753,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissClutterbuck View Post
That still doesn't make sense. Then that 10 percent would include women who you don't find desirable.

I just find it incredible that someone who makes friends easily and is attractive has such difficulty. There's got to be something missing from this picture. Have you asked your friends what they think the issue is?
the 10 percent was a rough estimation, you can use whatever number you like.

My friends are worthless when it comes to this problem, my family too. All they do is kiss my ass and tell me how amazing I am. I gotta figure this out on my own

Old 07-12-2015, 01:52 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,956,787 times
Quote:

I just don't know guys. I feel that I'm going to die alone. I'm not willing to settle for someone morbidly obese and the halfway decent looking women my age never want anything to do with me. The weird thing is that they're the only people who act that way - everybody else absolutely adores me - straight men, gay men, older people, younger people. I get way more compliments and attention from gay men than women for example. It's just baffling.
Your friends set you up with a cute slightly-chubbie, but you decided that wasn't good enough for you, even though she was very into you. You'll find no sympathy here. You can't fool us; you're obviously looking for more than "halfway-decent-looking".

And btw, you may be good-looking with a suit on, and all, but yours is still a niche look. Definitely not a WASP look. Which means it'll be more challenging finding someone to at least give you a chance. That's just the way it is; it's a not uncommon problem that some women face, as well. At least Jewish people have J-Date. Unfortunately, there is no Armenia-Date. Maybe you were right on your very first thread; maybe you should take a vacation in Armenia and scope the place out. It's beautiful, not a bad place to spend a vacation. You could test the waters with the social scene. Just hope your mother doesn't broadcast to your relatives over there that you make a lot of money and have a fancy car.

Old 07-12-2015, 01:58 PM

3,349 posts, read 2,849,012 times
Narcissistic personality disorder Symptoms - Mayo Clinic
This is op has this.

Old 07-12-2015, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Your friends set you up with a cute slightly-chubbie, but you decided that wasn't good enough for you, even though she was very into you. You'll find no sympathy here. You can't fool us; you're obviously looking for more than "halfway-decent-looking".

she was 30 lbs overweight.

**** that, I'm not interested in killing myself at the gym to look like this

so I can date a fat woman. Not interested

Old 07-12-2015, 02:00 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,175,334 times
Quote:

You sound like a great guy. I don't understand why the women aren't flocking to you.

Old 07-12-2015, 02:02 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,593,150 times
Methinks posting shirtless selfies and going on and on about your own opinion of your physique is not helping your case. Just saying.

Again, with the social skills...

Old 07-12-2015, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post

And btw, you may be good-looking with a suit on, and all, but yours is still a niche look

you really think so?

I've gotten compliments from black folks, hispanics, asians and plenty of white people who said I was very handsome

Old 07-12-2015, 02:03 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,966,647 times
Quote:

STOP! OMG we are not impressed.

Like I said, SELF-centered.

Get your head out of your butt, look around and find something worthwhile to be interested in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships