Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2015, 04:35 PM

2,508 posts, read 2,176,780 times

Advertisements

First of all, I've never understood straight guys that are "just friends" with women they're sexually/physically attracted to. What's the point?! You're almost certainly never going to sleep with them, and are just wasting your time. Plus, if you're out with one of these female friends her presence is definitely a cockblock - if you're looking to get laid.

As far as flirting with women at work, sure, I've done it sometimes - but it doesn't mean anything. There are some women I work with I'd like to screw, but haven't because I don't $##@ where I eat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2015, 05:49 PM

5,722 posts, read 5,802,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Lebowski Dude View Post
First of all, I've never understood straight guys that are "just friends" with women they're sexually/physically attracted to. What's the point?! You're almost certainly never going to sleep with them, and are just wasting your time. Plus, if you're out with one of these female friends her presence is definitely a cockblock - if you're looking to get laid.

As far as flirting with women at work, sure, I've done it sometimes - but it doesn't mean anything. There are some women I work with I'd like to screw, but haven't because I don't $##@ where I eat.
What's truly amazing is how many women think all of their guy friends, really just want to be friends. If a woman has a lot of guy friends it's usually a red flag to me.

Old 12-01-2015, 05:55 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,909,751 times
Quote:
First of all, I've never understood straight guys that are "just friends" with women they're sexually/physically attracted to. What's the point?! You're almost certainly never going to sleep with them, and are just wasting your time.
Yeah. I mean who would ever think that a woman would have anything at all to offer as a friend. They are only good for one thing, right?

Old 12-01-2015, 06:05 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,753,896 times
Quote:

My best friend I've made since returning to DC is a woman who I am attracted to (physically and emotionally) but her friendship means the world to me so I've never made a move on her because I don't want to risk compromising the friendship. She is a great person who trusts me and I would never think of betraying that trust by making a move on her when she clearly sees me as a best friend and nothing else. If anything, her friendship puts me into MORE opportunities to interact with other women and not less. I wouldn't go out half the time if she hadn't taken me on nights on the town.

Old 12-01-2015, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
If anything, her friendship puts me into MORE opportunities to interact with other women and not less.
Well, more power to you. My experience has been the exact opposite. If women see you with another woman, they assume she's your girlfriend/wife/etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
What's truly amazing is how many women think all of their guy friends, really just want to be friends. If a woman has a lot of guy friends it's usually a red flag to me.
Agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omnidroid View Post
Cut that ***** off completely if she friendzones you and move on to the next one.

No wrong done. If you like a girl and she doesn't like you back, there is no point in being friends. It's a waste of time and you will only get hurt.
Also agree. If you're in the friendzone with a woman, she's taking advantage of you just so you can feed her ego. It's pointless and a waste of time. It seems like a lot of guys waste time with women like this, when they could be pursuing - or could be pursued - by women who actually want to sleep with them.

Last edited by The Big Lebowski Dude; 12-01-2015 at 07:48 PM..

Old 12-01-2015, 07:41 PM

20,397 posts, read 14,673,179 times
Quote:
You can go ahead and feel that way as you please. I have tons of guy friends, girl friends, and everything else under the sun, and when they want to have sex with me, I know it...but most of them don't, as evidenced by a recent trip to Virginia, where dozens of them knew I was available and they didn't try. The ones that did try were the new acquaintances, not the guys I've been friends with for years. THOSE dudes, knew I'd just gotten out of a bad marriage and weren't keen to take advantage.

But it likely depends on the people involved. There are women who base their whole personalities and lives around sex appeal, some of us are a bit nerdier and more intellectual...and guys who are all youth and abs, beer and testosterone. Others are somewhat more cerebral. Some of us meet as bodies, some as minds, and sometimes it's both.

Old 12-01-2015, 07:45 PM

You all can do what you want, but there's nothing anyone can say that can convince me that a straight guy being in "the friendzone" with a woman he's sexually attracted to is emotionally or physically healthy. It's frustrating, emasculating, and pointless.

Old 12-01-2015, 07:46 PM

199 posts, read 294,852 times
Quote:
As someone who has guy friends but never sees them, once I have a boyfriend, I don't talk, speak , hang out, with anyone whos a guy because there's a chance they will try to hit on me or sleep with me. Friendzone is BS. If any guy tries to be friends with a woman they are mostly expecting to get something out of it and you can bet someone is going to get hurt in the long run if they want out of friendzone.

The only time I ever talk with another guy if it's work/business related or my dad, other than that it's strictly my bf.

I always encourage men that if they get rejected to keep searching and don't think that just because you want to be friends and think she will change her mind to sleep with she won't, it may happen but thats rare don't count on it.

Old 12-01-2015, 08:02 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,225,484 times
Finding a girlfriend is not like grocery shopping...You need to relax and just have fun with your friends. When you like someone, then ask them out....and til then enjoy being young and single.

Old 12-01-2015, 08:25 PM

199 posts, read 294,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
Finding a girlfriend is not like grocery shopping...You need to relax and just have fun with your friends. When you like someone, then ask them out....and til then enjoy being young and single.
Not true

Theres nothing wrong with wanting a girlfriend/boyfriend. Thats bad advice if someone wants a relationship they should find a relationship as they please.

I feel bad for men and women who have to put up with all the bull**** of friendzone.
I mean there's plenty of fish out there definitely but no one should put up with someone's BS of being friendzoned and then expecting a different outcome of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships