Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2015, 05:39 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,246,324 times

Advertisements

OP, you tend to receive what you put out in this life.

You want reward with little or no effort.

It doesn't work that way.

Brutal honesty can also lead to Brutal Failure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2015, 05:51 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,910,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdimir View Post
I mean im just honest what i want is a romantic partner whom i can spend good quality time wit
Im one of those people that gets straight directly to the point

Not that im not capable of bein JUST friends but that is not my motivation nor my desire at all
If this really is a serious post and you are really approaching women with those stupid pickup lines, don't you realize that you are coming across as incredibly creepy by doing that?

Old 09-18-2015, 06:20 PM

29,747 posts, read 34,409,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
If this really is a serious post and you are really approaching women with those stupid pickup lines, don't you realize that you are coming across as incredibly creepy by doing that?
I can't tell if this guy is just really clueless or committed to the bit.

Old 09-18-2015, 06:56 PM

5,429 posts, read 4,463,858 times
Not selfish at all. I do not tolerate the friend zone. You've got to look out for #1 first. If you are attracted and she's not, you need to depart.

Old 09-18-2015, 07:39 PM

16 posts, read 21,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ312 View Post
Not selfish at all. I do not tolerate the friend zone. You've got to look out for #1 first. If you are attracted and she's not, you need to depart.
Something I learned and was taught was to just learn to walk away
Especially if i want a romantic partner i do not want to deal with people who expect me to invest so much time and money just to expected a WELL IM SORRRY BUT IM NOT INTERESTED IN DATING

And im one of those people who just just work smarter not harder to meet woman
Why waste my time with someone whos not interested in dating? Just cut off the communication
I mean at the minimum if i will invest my time and money on someone i expect at least them to express some sort of interest in dating me

Old 09-18-2015, 07:49 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,246,324 times
Quote:
Something I learned and was taught was to just learn to walk away
Especially if i want a romantic partner i do not want to deal with people who expect me to invest so much time and money just to expected a WELL IM SORRRY BUT IM NOT INTERESTED IN DATING

And im one of those people who just just work smarter not harder to meet woman
Why waste my time with someone whos not interested in dating? Just cut off the communication
I mean at the minimum if i will invest my time and money on someone i expect at least them to express some sort of interest in dating me
OP it is absolutely NOT selfish to walk away.

I think you're doing them a favour.

Old 09-19-2015, 05:56 AM

2,776 posts, read 3,986,646 times
Quote:
I already have enough friends thou
OP: Older guys like me know you can never have enough friends. From a life strategy perspective, change your perspective and reap the rewards of never burning your bridges and being good to everyone. The rewards are infinite.

Your latest posts make you seem sex-obsessed. If so, you are stuck in your root chakra. This will lead to a lot of unhappiness with just fleeting moments of satisfaction. I've known women like this and they have left a trail of tears relationship-wise and it sucks.

I have no crazy motivation except to help and see a brother do well. Please heed my advice and be very good to the women you interact with, recognize they are people like you and not just toys. By doing so you will end up loving yourself a lot more. For what it's worth, I'm sending good vibrations your way.

Old 09-19-2015, 09:11 AM

2,970 posts, read 2,771,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaConservative View Post
If you are being friendzoned, it is your own fault. I have a lot of co-workers and acquaintances, many of them I have no interest in but I still flirt with them, say things to create sexual tension and compliment them on their hair, dresses, etc.

You are definitely doing something wrong, probably being the stereotypical "nice guy". If you don't change yourself, you will always finish last.
IowaConservative:

Regarding the bolded part in pink...

For your co-workers...

You do realize that if your co-worker(s) do not want you to flirt with them and create sexual tension between the two of you, yet you continue to do this so you will not get friendzoned and "finish last", your behavior is grounds for a sexual harassment complaint... right?

Old 09-19-2015, 01:41 PM

I think the better question here instead would be where I can find woman who are seeking more than just a friendship?
I don't get why people say I treat a woman like sex object that never was the objective but Im seeking a romantic partner no more no less.

Old 09-19-2015, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I don't think there is anything wrong for recognizing if this girl's friendship is keeping you hooked, and that ending the friendship is best for you. However the way you put it, "cut her off", push her away, that to me sounds like revenge or punishing her. She has done nothing but be unable to feel attraction to you, and unless you went into this friendship CLEAR that you wanted more from the very beginning, you have no reason to be mad at her.

If you end the friendship do it kindly and do it so you can move on, not to get her attention or punish her or to be passive-aggressive.
Never was revenge and never got mad but I just don't have that kind of time to really invest in more friends
My time is somewhat limited
With work and school during the weekdays and usually doing some homework and extra tasks over the weekend that I can't get done during the weekday
Now I have some friends that may want to spend time with me on the weekends but in that case I only have space to make time for someone romantic
I don't see whats wrong with wanting a romantic partner
But I just will clearly not invest my time in someone who not interested in dating
Better to save myself the time for both myself and the person who is not interested than invest in someone who will turn you down in a week
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships