Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2015, 01:54 PM

52,288 posts, read 52,723,379 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by snugglegirl05 View Post
IowaConservative:

Regarding the bolded part in pink...

For your co-workers...

You do realize that if your co-worker(s) do not want you to flirt with them and create sexual tension between the two of you, yet you continue to do this so you will not get friendzoned and "finish last", your behavior is grounds for a sexual harassment complaint... right?
Years ago I worked in a small department and there were 2 women and 3 men there. This nutjob broad got it her head that she was working in a "hostile environment" and all 3 of the men, myself included got sucked into an HR meeting/ass reaming session and had a letter placed in to our files.

Mind you I rarely ever interacted with this loon and I got my hands slapped.

I couldn't imagine "creating sexual tension" with female coworkers....... would never even enter my radar, but again, half the stuff that that poster says doesn't enter my radar.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2015, 01:59 PM

3,688 posts, read 5,015,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdimir View Post
Never was revenge and never got mad but I just don't have that kind of time to really invest in more friends
My time is somewhat limited
[snip]
But I just will clearly not invest my time in someone who not interested in dating
Better to save myself the time for both myself and the person who is not interested than invest in someone who will turn you down in a week

This is why people think you're after sex and not an actual girlfriend.

1. If you don't have time to invest in more friends, then you don't have time for a girlfriend. Note the 'friend' portion of that word. It implies TIME invested in the friendship portion of a romantic relationship.

2. "...someone who whill turn you down in a week" -- turn you down for what, based on what? If you're dating someone and she turns you down in a week, then either:

- a) she's turning you down for another date, presumably because she didn't enjoy your company, isn't interested, you go ahead and name your reason.

- b) she's turning you down for sex. Vague references to being turned down, short-timing this whole thing, stating you don't HAVE time for more friends but want a girlfriend who is a romantic partner, MISSING that if you don't have time to waste on pursuing a woman then you don't actually have time FOR a woman in the first place... this is the reason people figure you're looking for some nooky rather than a romantic relationship.

If you don't have time to invest in someone to woo her, court her, GET her interested in dating, you JUST want a woman who will automatically DATE you, you're MISSING the whole point of having a girlfriend in the first place, unless your point is sex.

At this point me not know if you is be to understanding wordstuffs which are muchly repeated. Srsly.

Old 09-19-2015, 02:44 PM

5,429 posts, read 4,462,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Sasquatch View Post
This is why people think you're after sex and not an actual girlfriend.

1. If you don't have time to invest in more friends, then you don't have time for a girlfriend. Note the 'friend' portion of that word. It implies TIME invested in the friendship portion of a romantic relationship.

2. "...someone who whill turn you down in a week" -- turn you down for what, based on what? If you're dating someone and she turns you down in a week, then either:

- a) she's turning you down for another date, presumably because she didn't enjoy your company, isn't interested, you go ahead and name your reason.

- b) she's turning you down for sex. Vague references to being turned down, short-timing this whole thing, stating you don't HAVE time for more friends but want a girlfriend who is a romantic partner, MISSING that if you don't have time to waste on pursuing a woman then you don't actually have time FOR a woman in the first place... this is the reason people figure you're looking for some nooky rather than a romantic relationship.

If you don't have time to invest in someone to woo her, court her, GET her interested in dating, you JUST want a woman who will automatically DATE you, you're MISSING the whole point of having a girlfriend in the first place, unless your point is sex.

At this point me not know if you is be to understanding wordstuffs which are muchly repeated. Srsly.
Isn't it possible he wants both? He wants a relationship that will have a sexual component. I don't think that is a stretch.

Old 09-19-2015, 04:03 PM

16 posts, read 21,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ312 View Post
Isn't it possible he wants both? He wants a relationship that will have a sexual component. I don't think that is a stretch.
Is there a better way to do this
Some people were suggesting online dating or a night club it seems the better option without having to talk to hundreds of woman in person my time is just too limited with the small breaks i have when im on campus

Old 09-19-2015, 04:08 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,245,457 times
Quote:
Some people were suggesting online dating or a night club it seems the better option without having to talk to hundreds of woman in person my time is just too limited with the small breaks i have when im on campus
yet people have been meeting on campuses for eons...

Youre the only one who cant?

Seriously? That isn't even logic!

Old 09-19-2015, 04:15 PM

5,429 posts, read 4,462,822 times
Quote:
Join social clubs on campus. There are a ton of them. There are plenty of parties at off campus houses and apartment complexes. Skip online dating. Sure, you can send out tons of messages or do tons of swiping from the comfort of your place while sitting in your underwear, but you are really better off finding your dates from in-person activities.

Old 09-19-2015, 04:17 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,310,000 times
Sometimes you have to be selfish. The women who rejected me I immediately cut off contact with them and they caught the hint and left me alone and I'd do it again to the next woman who turned me down. Will some people think that's childish? Probably. Do I care what they think? No I don't. In the end OP, you gotta do what's right for you. If you want cut these women off, do it. Women don't owe you a relationship, but you don't owe them your friendship either.

Old 09-19-2015, 04:18 PM

29,747 posts, read 34,409,851 times
Quote:
Are you in the US? Right now, it's Saturday. Get some buddies and go out tonight, and you could be talking to women before you know it. Just don't use the mermaid line.

Old 11-29-2015, 02:15 PM

1 posts, read 707 times
I have a female co-worker who I became best friends with and fell in love with. She wants to be just friends. It is too painful to have what I want right in my face. She insists on being friends and won't leave me alone. I'm stalked by the "Let's Just Be Friends" Monster.

Old 11-29-2015, 02:20 PM

1,881 posts, read 1,483,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JM9977 View Post
I have a female co-worker who I became best friends with and fell in love with. She wants to be just friends. It is too painful to have what I want right in my face. She insists on being friends and won't leave me alone. I'm stalked by the "Let's Just Be Friends" Monster.
Block her on all off-work sites, speak to her only at work about work-related things, and if she tries to talk about non-work things, just tell her you have to get back to work. Then turn around at your desk and start working. People can only hound you if you let them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships