Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2015, 06:51 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,573,294 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post
Everything I said was true, and I'd bet money that the guy is with another girl in a year. because I see this all the time.

The women are being shallow, and this is not an attractive quality. I don't care how pretty they are. and I work with a slew of them. not fit for a relationship.

Nothing is wrong with working at the mill. Women now have this notebook fantasy going on though.. and the puppy love stuff is rampant throughout the dating scene. Nice guys finish last. I have looked at myself. Too many years with my eyes closed

Don't believe it. If I see a Woman with a man today, I wouldn't remember what she looked like next year. If you see this all the time, how do you remember all those women and the guys, to be able to say that? I have a decent memory, but not that good, and would be willing to bet money, you don't either.

And you do care how pretty they are, or you wouldn't be commenting on them being with other guys instead of you, and calling these guys losers when you don't even know them. That attitude shows up in a "Green" color, even in text.

Sounds like a lot of rejection you feel unjustified here. Like you can't believe some Movie Star Hottie hasn't picked you up yet. Doesn't happen that way, so no need to blame women. Sometimes folks think they are a better prize than they really are, because nice guys don't always finish last.

Be grateful for what you receive every day, and for being able to see the sunrise. You could always be a lot worse off. Look around you, and be thankful. Tomorrow is the first day of your life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2015, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
I gotta agree with you. I'm 25, make my own money, and live by myself with my dog. I prefer living by myself over dating a woman who has unnecessary baggage.

Your problem may be not being mature enough yet, and not knowing what you want or expect. Here you say you prefer living with only your dog, and then, in the next post, you say your still looking? Which is it? How do you even know what to do to meet some one or how to handle it if you do? If you cop an attitude toward women, as it seems you have, they can sense that a mile away. Your blaming them for your failure. That will be apparent in dealing with one.

Also, good luck on finding a Good Looking woman who adores you and has no unnecessary baggage. And what does that exactly mean to you? No Kids, no problems, no medical issues, or anything else? Like I said, good luck with that.

Nothing is "perfect." Some things are only "better" than others.

Just friendly advice...

Old 09-26-2015, 07:53 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,749,338 times
No baggage sounds like a woman straight from the factory
I think most single moms do a great job, no idea why anyone would consider kids baggage...

Last edited by Neuling; 09-26-2015 at 08:03 PM..

Old 09-26-2015, 07:55 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,748,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
I think most single moms do a great job, no wonder why anyone would consider kids baggage...
Because some of us don't like kids and have chosen not to have any.

Old 09-26-2015, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Because some of us don't like kids and have chosen not to have any.

Sorry, linguistic mistake, corrected my sentence, which didn't make any sense before

Old 09-26-2015, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
I think most single moms do a great job, no idea why anyone would consider kids baggage...
Just goes to the point I made that some people are not looking for a Love Relationship. They are looking for a perfect "Buddy" with benefits.

What happens down the road when something happens, and there is a medical issue with your woman, or an accident, that leaves her needing some care? What do you do, dump her, because now she has "Baggage?

Also, there are a lot of women out there that have kids, and found that what they thought was Love was not, or the Hubby left them for a younger woman, with no baggage. So you eliminate that whole list, because you "don't like" kids.? Even more so, why would any woman want a guy who "don't like kids."

Then they have the audacity to complain about "Not finding true love." Maybe its me, but I just don't get it.

Maybe we should change all marriage vows to "Do you take this woman to be your wife...etc...till death do you part unless she becomes ill, runs into some misfortune, becomes a burden to you, or you have to make a sacrifice because of her?"

Old 09-27-2015, 12:48 AM

1,188 posts, read 959,213 times
Speaking as a guy in his mid-20s, it seems a small number of guys dominate the dating scene. The categories of guys are
  • Easily and frequently moving from one relationship to the next. New relationship every 6-12 months of their adult life (5% of guys)
  • Been in same relationship for 5+ years (40% of guys)
  • Struggle to find a relationship in the first place (55% of guys)

Old 09-27-2015, 04:24 AM

6,611 posts, read 3,675,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post
It's crazy I used to believe that there was a person for each and every person, but what suks is when you start coming to the conclusion that is not the case. Maybe for some, but not all.

There are plenty of people that will be alone til the day the die. Why? God only knows.

It'd be nice to get that idealistic mindset back.. hope of finding the person made for you.
This is what we are taught to believe...the perfect match.."soul mates". I remember wondering why it would not happen, either. I experienced dating and relationships over many years of time and things do not seem different now than it ever was. I personally like time alone and don't necessarily want what some might, however, I would have wanted a good guy, an equal, who felt the same, respecting each other's differences, maintaining our own places, but both wanting time together. I sometimes feel "envious" of those who appear so mutually connected, who seem to blend naturally, are supportive of each other and real. They are lucky and think it is rare, actually. Just because some have this, doesn't mean that everyone can or will.

It might be, that despite who a person is or capable of a good involvement, it is "not in the cards" for them to find an "equal", no matter how balanced, loving or appropriate they are. Then others who seem "off the rails" will be married. There are seemingly (normal) couples, odd ones and others who just stay together. Weirdos may have partners, while good people may not. There are some who appear so empty and superficial (ugh) and it doesn't matter if one is "perfect looking" or unattractive, if they are dysfunctional on the inside, who wants that? I've had to come to terms with this. One thing for sure, I would rather be alone and at peace, than feel lonely with another or experience the hell that some couples do.

Old 09-27-2015, 04:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
Just goes to the point I made that some people are not looking for a Love Relationship. They are looking for a perfect "Buddy" with benefits.

What happens down the road when something happens, and there is a medical issue with your woman, or an accident, that leaves her needing some care? What do you do, dump her, because now she has "Baggage?

Also, there are a lot of women out there that have kids, and found that what they thought was Love was not, or the Hubby left them for a younger woman, with no baggage. So you eliminate that whole list, because you "don't like" kids.? Even more so, why would any woman want a guy who "don't like kids."

Then they have the audacity to complain about "Not finding true love." Maybe its me, but I just don't get it.

Maybe we should change all marriage vows to "Do you take this woman to be your wife...etc...till death do you part unless she becomes ill, runs into some misfortune, becomes a burden to you, or you have to make a sacrifice because of her?"
Or even shorter, till life or death us do part

Old 09-27-2015, 05:00 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,748,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post

Why? Because there are women who don't want to have kids themselves. It's called the childfree movement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships