Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2015, 09:36 PM

474 posts, read 384,726 times

Advertisements

^
Maybe you're on to something. All of us who work hard to be so on-point in order to attract a mate and then can't find one, maybe should let our lives go to **** a bit in order to find love. Now that I think about it, the last time a girl loved me I was unemployed and looking for work. No joke. I get a great job and can't get **** from the ladies.

I struggle with bouts of depression sometimes. Maybe not letting them get the better of me is a poor choice. Get on-board to trainwreck town might be the answer. I'm out of ideas at this point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2015, 09:42 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,391,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tune_It_Lower View Post
^
Maybe you're on to something. All of us who work hard to be so on-point in order to attract a mate and then can't find one, maybe should let our lives go to **** a bit in order to find love. Now that I think about it, the last time a girl loved me I was unemployed and looking for work. No joke. I get a great job and can't get **** from the ladies.

I struggle with bouts of depression sometimes. Maybe not letting them get the better of me is a poor choice. Get on-board to trainwreck town might be the answer. I'm out of ideas at this point.
It's fascinating to me how many people have loved me...but not for the reasons I thought they should or my positive attributes that I played up on "the market." People aren't impressed by what you think they will be.

Money, being a flashy peacock, hot bods, etc...yeah, you will probably generate some interest. But rarely from anyone worthwhile. I am fairly superficial about looks, but the people who have gotten under my skin have been kind, gentle, leaders, proficient, constantly learning, intelligent, driven...thoughtful.

Did not give two craps if they are rich or how they dress or what they drive. But that's what you've been taught attracts the opposite sex.

Old 09-25-2015, 09:45 PM

1,273 posts, read 991,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post
You're a female though probably very pretty and things seem to work differently for you than most men it seems.

I've wandered throughout my twenties into my mid thirties not expecting love and it amazing.. it never came

Now as I approach mid 30s I'm preparing for a life long solitude.. oh the joy

Maybe for some people those opportunities never come.. or probably more accurate they are missed. story of my life.. if natural selection is reality, than I wish it'd hurry the *** up.

I don't think I'm all that attractive, but I do have a good heart.

I'm sorry you feel you've missed out. It's never too late.

Old 09-25-2015, 10:29 PM

1,384 posts, read 1,057,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Funny.

I have never met anyone who was secure, had their crap together, was kind/compassionate, put others before them, lived in service to their community, had an optimistic outlook on life, and had good manners who isn't happily married.

There are plenty of the opposite who are also married. But none like this who aren't.
LOL that's a long list. I know very few people with all of these qualities in general.

So good luck with this.

Old 09-25-2015, 10:32 PM

1,384 posts, read 1,057,359 times
I don't think it's particularly difficult to find someone.

For men, you need to be okay with rejection (unless you are extremely good-looking) and you need to place yourself in a position to be successful.

For women, you simply need to stop being so picky.

Old 09-26-2015, 06:35 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,391,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akonyo View Post
LOL that's a long list. I know very few people with all of these qualities in general.

So good luck with this.
Raise your standards.

My close personal circle is comprised pretty much of these people.

What do you mean good luck? I can rattle off a dozen people like this in ten seconds.

Remember learning this in Spanish class?
"Dime con quién andas, y te diré quién eres."

Old 09-26-2015, 08:02 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,756,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akonyo View Post
The appeal falls faster for women than men.

I'm a man that's pushing 30. I feel like I'm hitting my prime.
Less and less so. With women it is up to them how they look and behave as they age. More and more women stay attractive as they get older. With men it is only up to them to a certain degree. Once their hair line starts to recede, there is nothing they can do about it.

Old 09-26-2015, 08:48 AM

1,273 posts, read 991,881 times
I have literally never read a thread full of such shallow, cynical people.

Receding hair lines, only attractive people have luck in love, just be hot and rich and you'll find love, woman age badly, no one meets my standards, I only want someone like me, etc.
Maybe it's thinking like this that keeps y'all miserable and single.

Old 09-26-2015, 08:55 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,756,050 times
What's shallow about being honest about the big role attractiveness plays? It does play a big role whether we like it or not, especially when one meets someone else for the first time.

Old 09-26-2015, 09:10 AM

11,798 posts, read 12,038,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
What's shallow about being honest about the big role attractiveness plays? It does play a big role whether we like it or not, especially when one meets someone else for the first time.
What matters is that you're attracted to the person you want to be with, not how attractive they are to the masses. I'd venture to guess the best pairings are based on who they are as people and not on how they look.

And to the point of this thread, I think a lot of people have given up on love before even experiencing it, and a lot of it comes from garbage they read on the internet and living in fear of other people's poor choices and experiences.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships