Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2015, 07:23 PM

361 posts, read 333,652 times

Advertisements

Well, I will give you my example. 38, single, no kids, very little baggage, smart financially. 98% of the women I have met in my area would automatically become liabilities. Why?

Most have kids, ex-husband drama, have been divorced, I would say the vast majority are very stupid financially and often live above their means or are drowning in debt.

Why in the hell would I want to be with someone that will become an automatic liability?.

Like I love to spend Friday nights by myself, relaxing and doing whatever the hell I want. I grabbed a pizza and I am having a really good night, BY MYSELF.

Most of these women would not even understand why you would want to spend a Fri night by yourself? Enough said!

It is not that I have given up on relationships, my attitude towards relationships is indifferent at best, I see very few benefits and a lot of potential for unnecessary stress, headaches and bull****.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2015, 07:24 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,632,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tune_It_Lower View Post
It's just the world where God, family values, the forefathers, buying American, and other perspectives that only perpetuate with 55 year olds in the state of Kansas just don't apply to many people of my generation and after. While a number of sound relationship platforming concepts can be found in old world thought, it's not where it's derived for most modern, urban denizens. You might have the right ideas, but the background information is not the selling point in the context.
that's ultimately why this civilization is doomed.

Old 09-25-2015, 07:27 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,632,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Maybe it is like in nature where with many species those individuals for some reason considered unattractive stay single and never have offspring. Maybe there is also that kind of natural selection going on where nature tries to eradicate ugly, stupid, shy, and other unattractive individuals from the gene pool.

What I dislike today is that everyone seems to be in a hurry so that one always feels like one is stealing someone's time. So conversations remain shallow and short. Then there is careers, which make people move around a lot, often destroying relationships before they really started.
Nope your theory is invalid. There are plenty of ugly people still propagating. just look around..

Old 09-25-2015, 07:30 PM

474 posts, read 384,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaConservative View Post
Well, I will give you my example. 38, single, no kids, very little baggage, smart financially. 98% of the women I have met in my area would automatically become liabilities. Why?

Most have kids, ex-husband drama, have been divorced, I would say the vast majority are very stupid financially and often live above their means and are drowning in debt.

Why in the hell would I want to be with someone that will become an automatic liability?.

Like I love to spend Friday nights by myself, relaxing and doing whatever the hell I want. I grabbed a pizza and I am having a really good night, BY MYSELF.

Most of these women would not even understand why you would want to spend a Fri night by yourself. Enough said!
I hear you man. Same exact sitch here. We should be choice meat in the market.

My vote: Get the eff out of Iowa. My next move is to get out of Arizona (again). Might chap your ass, conservative man, but the de facto red state thing to do is to baby up one's life way too young without much forethought (usually looking for a second round man to pick up their broken pieces). Eff that.

Old 09-25-2015, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post
that's ultimately why this civilization is doomed.
You lost me...

Old 09-25-2015, 07:34 PM

113 posts, read 77,318 times
wow. I've read every entry on this thread. Hope you won't mind a question or two.
1. What qualities do you want (demand?) from a potential spouse or partner who would suit you?
2. Are you willing change to be that suitable partner for them?

Just asking!

Old 09-25-2015, 07:34 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,727,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tune_It_Lower View Post
I hear you man. Same exact sitch here. We should be choice meat in the market.

My vote: Get the eff out of Iowa. My next move is to get out of Arizona (again). Might chap your ass, conservative man, but the de facto red state thing to do is to baby up one's life way too young without much forethought (usually looking for a second round to pick up their broken pieces).
Hate to agree but that was exactly why I got the hell outta Kentucky after finishing my undergrad degree. Thank God I live in the blue part of Virginia.

Old 09-25-2015, 07:35 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,735,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaConservative View Post

Most have kids, ex-husband drama, have been divorced, I would say the vast majority are very stupid financially and often live above their means or are drowning in debt.

Most of these women would not even understand why you would want to spend a Fri night by yourself? Enough said!

It is not that I have given up on relationships, my attitude towards relationships is indifferent at best, I see very few benefits and a lot of potential for unnecessary stress, headaches and bull****.

I hear you. Sometimes I almost regret I am not gay because women are usually not on my wavelength. All the melodramatic stuff, the talking, the shopping etc...

Regarding the money, as I was watching one of those telenovelas the other day I was wondering why a prenup and separation of property are not default unless expressly agreed upon otherwise in a contract

Old 09-25-2015, 07:38 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,735,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post
Nope your theory is invalid. There are plenty of ugly people still propagating. just look around..
Yes, maybe they even increase the problem by further mixing with each other I rarely see attractive-unattractive couples.

Old 09-25-2015, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkypeColorado View Post
wow. I've read every entry on this thread. Hope you won't mind a question or two.
I'm game.

Quote:
1. What qualities do you want (demand?) from a potential spouse or partner who would suit you?
Only ones that mirror who I am... as equals. I never ask for more than I am myself. In a lot of cases, I actually expect a lot less. Main concern is that they're in the same place in life as I am, the same lifestyle choices.

Quote:
2. Are you willing change to be that suitable partner for them?
Don't need to. Like I said. They just need to mirror me on some levels, they can fall short on others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships