Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2015, 02:33 PM

4,432 posts, read 6,984,164 times

Advertisements

ONE in eight adults, mostly women, have given up on finding love, according to a survey.

The figure even includes almost half a million people who are currently in a relationship.

Nearly half of those quizzed did not think there was a special someone out there for them.

Almost as many blamed their limited social circle or lack of attractiveness for failing to fall in love.
Millions of us have given up on finding love, survey shows | UK | News | Daily Express

Yes there are so many people have given up on love but with that it does not just because people out there have given up on love are miserable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2015, 02:37 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,972,298 times
No surprise. I know tons of single people who would love to date but gave up.

Old 09-25-2015, 02:43 PM

579 posts, read 555,761 times
There are so many distractions these days. I swear must have been easier to find love without technology in the "olden" days, there were just fewer distractions and so it must have been easier to get to know others. Nowadays it's just like a hookup culture and it saddens me a bit. People are so wrapped up in their online lives and media that we don't see what's in front of us. I guess I'm a bit hypocritical for saying this though because I spend so much time online..

Old 09-25-2015, 02:49 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,876,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimmy00 View Post
There are so many distractions these days. I swear must have been easier to find love without technology in the "olden" days, there were just fewer distractions and so it must have been easier to get to know others. Nowadays it's just like a hookup culture and it saddens me a bit. People are so wrapped up in their online lives and media that we don't see what's in front of us. I guess I'm a bit hypocritical for saying this though because I spend so much time online..
I think so. But I am not so sure it is about hookup culture. I think it is about the illusion of choices. You think the pool is huge so you can be pickier. Or something like that.

And we are willing to wait longer for that right person, instead of creating a "right" from what we have now.

I might tell my 20-something year old self to go ahead and pick a mate in college. So many more choice back then. I always wanted to have a 50 year wedding anniversary. Noe that would be hard. I'd be super old!

But I am still hopeful that the right person is just going to show up one day when I least expect it!

Old 09-25-2015, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimmy00 View Post
hell yeah! I used to go out and met tons of guys and could pick. Now the competition seems bigger, less guys, more rejection, more games, more flakes, more weirdos, people always think they could do better .... IT WAS MUCH EASIER BACK IN THE DAY (15-20 years ago).

Old 09-25-2015, 03:03 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,572,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by other99 View Post
ONE in eight adults, mostly women, have given up on finding love, according to a survey.
Not surprising, considering that todays younger people are growing up thinking more of themselves before anyone else. And the Guys are the worse. You can see the proof right here in all the posts they make on relationships. Its all about them. Their idea of Romance is taking a woman out to eat, and then back home to have sex with. Great foundation for "Love" if they even know what the word means. They ditched "commitment" a long time ago, so its not a surprise that there is very little Real "Love" out there anymore. What they see now is a "Fake" and just being passed of as Love to be Politically Correct.

I kind of feel Sorry for a lot of them, since they lost their way someplace, and will never experience what a lot of us have. Their loss.

Old 09-25-2015, 03:06 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,572,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
I think so. But I am not so sure it is about hookup culture. I think it is about the illusion of choices. You think the pool is huge so you can be pickier. Or something like that.
I don't think the "Pool" got smaller. I think it just got "shallower" and over run by "Bottom Feeders."

Old 09-25-2015, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
Not surprising, considering that todays younger people are growing up thinking more of themselves before anyone else. And the Guys are the worse. You can see the proof right here in all the posts they make on relationships. Its all about them. Their idea of Romance is taking a woman out to eat, and then back home to have sex with. Great foundation for "Love" if they even know what the word means. They ditched "commitment" a long time ago, so its not a surprise that there is very little Real "Love" out there anymore. What they see now is a "Fake" and just being passed of as Love to be Politically Correct.

I kind of feel Sorry for a lot of them, since they lost their way someplace, and will never experience what a lot of us have. Their loss.
LA scene is the worst. They are either too much in love with themselves or they think they deserve THE BEST and then pick a bi tchy high maintenance princess because she might make pretty babies, get married, get divorced a few years later and when they are in their 50s they realize what a real woman is about and get reasonable.

Old 09-25-2015, 03:08 PM

Quote:
I don't think the "Pool" got smaller. I think it just got "shallower" and over run by "Bottom Feeders."
Heyyy, I just wanted to befriend you. Then I saw that comment. No thanks

Old 09-25-2015, 03:10 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,742,544 times
Quote:

Figures, like everyone else on CD thinks, it is the vault of millennial men.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships