Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2015, 08:37 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,648,293 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tune_It_Lower View Post
God made Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve! Amirite? /sarcasm

My suggestion: Ditch the True Religion jeans and Abercrombie tee for an off-brand pants and a Dying Fetus tee... and grow your hair out. If you're a homophobe looking for Gay-Be-Goneā„¢, nothing beats long hair on a dude. Nothing.
LOL! I wouldn't say a homophobe, but I don't care for swinging the goods in the locker while the dudes watch. Now maybe the ladies locker room ... I've actually thought of growing the hair out again! It's a dying trend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2015, 08:42 PM

474 posts, read 385,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post
LOL! I wouldn't say a homophobe, but I don't care for swinging the goods in the locker while the dudes watch. Now maybe the ladies locker room ... I've actually thought of growing the hair out again! It's a dying trend.
Not really. It's pretty big (particularly mid-length) with millennials at the moment. I nixed mine for an undercut about six months ago.

Old 09-25-2015, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tune_It_Lower View Post
Not really. It's pretty big (particularly mid-length) with millennials at the moment. I nixed mine for an undercut about six months ago.
well there you go not a nonconformist after all .. now if I just had the patience ...

Old 09-25-2015, 08:56 PM

1,384 posts, read 1,059,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
And earlier. Now we feel like we live forever, so we postpone everything. And by the time people start to realize their job is not what life is about and that they need to get serious, they are often 30 or 40 and all of a sudden in a hurry as their appeal is already fading away.
The appeal falls faster for women than men.

I'm a man that's pushing 30. I feel like I'm hitting my prime.

Old 09-25-2015, 09:00 PM

1,273 posts, read 993,861 times
I've found love, more than once, and I wasn't even really trying.

Maybe the key is not to expect love, but to welcome it without too many expectations when it does come

Old 09-25-2015, 09:05 PM

96 posts, read 92,151 times
I haven't noticed it. My cousin just got recently married. I just got recently married. I just feel the ones who have trouble finding love are setting their expectations too high. Some of these people got a list of what they want from their ideal partner but we all got flaw and you can't get all that you want in a person.

Old 09-25-2015, 09:07 PM

4,523 posts, read 3,414,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PETeacher83 View Post
I haven't noticed it. My cousin just got recently married. I just got recently married. I just feel the ones who have trouble finding love are setting their expectations too high. Some of these people got a list of what they want from their ideal partner but we all got flaw and you can't get all that you want in a person.
Or maybe they've had bad luck.

The words in bold aren't necessarily true for those who have trouble in this regard.

Old 09-25-2015, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by April R View Post
I've found love, more than once, and I wasn't even really trying.

Maybe the key is not to expect love, but to welcome it without too many expectations when it does come
You're a female though probably very pretty and things seem to work differently for you than most men it seems.

I've wandered throughout my twenties into my mid thirties not expecting love and it amazing.. it never came

Now as I approach mid 30s I'm preparing for a life long solitude.. oh the joy

Maybe for some people those opportunities never come.. or probably more accurate they are missed. story of my life.. if natural selection is reality, than I wish it'd hurry the *** up.

Old 09-25-2015, 09:22 PM

474 posts, read 385,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post
well there you go not a nonconformist after all .. now if I just had the patience ...
It was more of a practical decision than anything. After I moved back here and started working white collar whilst not being in a band, it was more of a hassle than anything and I kept cutting it back further and further until a I point of, "Why do I even bother?". Before that it was 3/4ths the way down to my waist and I was on the verge of going all Tomi Joutsen epic dread with it.

I don't care either way. If something's in style that I think is cool, then: convenient, I'll rock that... but if I think something looks nonsense, I'll avoid it. A dapper punk look works for me overall.

Old 09-25-2015, 09:25 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,462,548 times
Funny.

I have never met anyone who was secure, had their crap together, was kind/compassionate, put others before them, lived in service to their community, had an optimistic outlook on life, and had good manners who isn't happily married.

There are plenty of the opposite who are also married. But none like this who aren't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships