Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2015, 11:47 AM

1,273 posts, read 995,709 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
There was another thread (and link included) that also stated that men take an ending of a relationship a lot harder. Which does coincide with this thread and your post. So relatively.. I can see how women can move on quicker (they have better social support in place for one reason)
That goes against everything I've been told about men.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2015, 11:55 AM

48,641 posts, read 35,125,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
There was another thread (and link included) that also stated that men take an ending of a relationship a lot harder. Which does coincide with this thread and your post. So relatively.. I can see how women can move on quicker (they have better social support in place for one reason)

There are related reports on widowers that show the same thing.

I watched my sister's BF go through the same thing as a widow. A lot of men lose too much confidante, social scheduler, lover, person to do stuff with...... as women we can fill those roles with our friends.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 10-29-2015, 11:55 AM

16,959 posts, read 17,415,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Question2015 View Post
From personal experience and observations, many women keep a plan B type of guy In the wings, and at times plan C and plan D. Recently there was a survey where, 50% of women in LTRs admitted to having a plan B guy, just in case things end up falling apart in their current relationships. Men are often amazed at how quickly women move on. You wake up one day and all of a sudden you mean nothing to her and she treats you worse than a piece of dirt. I don't really blame them for it, its womans nature. Men and women are very different when it comes to out sexual strategies and imperatives. Briffaults law will givive you a little more insight into it.
Disagree! emotional detachment takes time (it just doesn't happen overnight) especially for women. When someone decides to end a long-term relationship, its been in the works of months...possibly years.

Old 10-29-2015, 11:57 AM

48,641 posts, read 35,125,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Disagree! emotional detachment takes time (it just doesn't happen overnight) especially for women. When someone decides to end a long-term relationship, its been in the works of months...possibly years.
I would think so. But as my husband has pointed out, I lean towards being naive about what a lot of people do in relationships.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 10-29-2015, 11:58 AM

2,013 posts, read 1,614,526 times
Quote:
Awww come on!!! He cited an early 20th century social theorist who's admired by MGTOW idiots and everything!!!

Old 10-29-2015, 12:01 PM

1,881 posts, read 1,489,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissClutterbuck View Post
Awww come on!!! He cited an early 20th century social theorist who's admired by MGTOW idiots and everything!!!
Is this where we're supposed to mention the H-word and have shots?

Old 10-29-2015, 12:02 PM

41,936 posts, read 37,134,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
There are related reports on widowers that show the same thing.

I watched my sister's BF go through the same thing as a widow. A lot of men lose too much confidante, social scheduler, lover, person to do stuff with...... as women we can fill those roles with our friends.

Very true.

Old 10-29-2015, 12:15 PM

2,013 posts, read 1,614,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasperJade View Post
Well of course we all know that's why the divorce occurred in the first place.

Old 10-29-2015, 02:13 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,045,611 times
Quote:
Also, "moving on" means different things to different people.

I think, a lot of times, what people think of as moving on is actually escapism.

Old 10-29-2015, 02:18 PM

52,419 posts, read 52,947,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasperJade View Post
I just saw a post by that one guys with the H word in it... I think he's actually just saying it so much now just to clown with people, LOL, I almost was gonna post that we needed a collective round of shots when I saw it.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships