Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2015, 10:45 AM

2,947 posts, read 7,025,090 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ312 View Post
Desirability. The more desirable women have a Plan B or more.

In general, women are much better at “monkey branching” than men are.

But with both sexes, the more desirable members treat relationships like a job search. One of the job search truisms is that you are operating from a position of more power if you are searching for a new job while already having a job. If things are starting to go south in a relationship, it is wise to look for a better alternative while the first relationship is still in effect, so as to minimize the time between relationships and keep the sexual flow steady.
And ^^this^^, folks, is exactly why the divorce rate sky rockets. Things at home bad? Why work on yourself so all future relationships are better when you can just have something lined up on deck?

I am a woman. My "plan B" when my marriage was very obviously over was to get through the divorce and minimize the long term financial damage as much as possible. But, I also know mine would be high conflict because of the parties (yes, plural) I had to deal with. I just reached my 3yr post separation anniversary (divorce is final), and the court *** is still ongoing. Not all women are out to screw men with the branch swinging, and the smart ones find a way to land on their own feet so they don't have to rely on the support of a new income source.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2015, 10:51 AM

1,273 posts, read 992,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon_fly_12 View Post
And ^^this^^, folks, is exactly why the divorce rate sky rockets. Things at home bad? Why work on yourself so all future relationships are better when you can just have something lined up on deck?

I am a woman. My "plan B" when my marriage was very obviously over was to get through the divorce and minimize the long term financial damage as much as possible. But, I also know mine would be high conflict because of the parties (yes, plural) I had to deal with. I just reached my 3yr post separation anniversary (divorce is final), and the court *** is still ongoing. Not all women are out to screw men with the branch swinging, and the smart ones find a way to land on their own feet so they don't have to rely on the support of a new income source.
But don't you know that's only because you are not a "desirable " woman, otherwise you'd have had a man by now .

Old 10-31-2015, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by April R View Post
But don't you know that's only because you are not a "desirable " woman, otherwise you'd have had a man by now .
OH, shoot! You're right... That explains EVERYTHING!

Old 10-31-2015, 11:09 AM

1,273 posts, read 992,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon_fly_12 View Post
OH, shoot! You're right... That explains EVERYTHING!
Glad I could help. Now go gussy yerself up and snag you a man already

Old 10-31-2015, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by April R View Post
Glad I could help. Now go gussy yerself up and snag you a man already
I obviously will have to find a way to tuck the proverbial sack in... Can't let 'em see that I can be an independent, self reliant woman now, can we? Don't want to scare 'em off by having bigger b***s than they might have. Some men find that intimidating....

Old 10-31-2015, 08:02 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,217,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindlessness View Post
So? You expect her to pine away for you and not find companionship? Move on, it's over.
Such an empathetic person you are.

Maybe you should change your name to callousness.

Old 10-31-2015, 08:16 PM

273 posts, read 241,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
Such an empathetic person you are.

Maybe you should change your name to callousness.
Well, you don't know me now do you? I understand the heartbreak from lost love more than you know. I am quite empathetic. Especially since what I am saying will help the most as it is true. The best action is to move on as his ex wife has.

Old 10-31-2015, 08:25 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,217,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindlessness View Post
Well, you don't know me now do you? I understand the heartbreak from lost love more than you know. I am quite empathetic. Especially since what I am saying will help the most as it is true. The best action is to move on as his ex wife has.
And you don't think he knows that? If it was that easy he would've done it already folks.

Old 10-31-2015, 08:29 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,363,611 times
It's no use crying over spilt milk, OP. Did you expect to remarry her?

Her getting remarried soon after the divorce is probably the best thing that can happen to help you move on.

Old 10-31-2015, 08:42 PM

88,661 posts, read 84,943,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissClutterbuck View Post
Was the divorce not enough of a sign for you to realize she was moving on?
Lol. That was cold
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships