Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2016, 12:48 PM

102,233 posts, read 108,060,523 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuserJ View Post
Things had been going great but it all changed when she got pregnant. I don't want to change the rules but regardless of everything, she was pregnant with a child of mine and it's my duty to support her. She's in no condition to be by herself at this point.
So, offer to marry her. You two can get a house together in which you have your own room, so you can have some private space to "protect". Where are her parents? How old is she, at what age did these 14 years begin? As I see it, she could either be around 28, or she could be in her mid-to-late 30's, or older.

Something about this story sounds awfully familiar; the miscarriage at 23 weeks, for one. Aside from the huge hormonal slam, miscarriages are typically very distressing. It's like losing a baby. (I keep having this deja vu sensation, that we already explained this to you a couple of months ago, OP.) She has to mourn. You do seem to care about the fact that she has seen other guys, even though you try to convince yourself (or us) that you don't, so why not "man" up or adult up, and propose to her? No more open relationship for either of you, just good old-fashioned commitment and hopefully lovey-dovey, once she recovers from this trauma.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2016, 12:50 PM

49,927 posts, read 60,008,529 times
Quote:
Yes, that's what I said. I'm sorry you can't understand it.
You left out an important word. That's why it's confusing.

Old 01-30-2016, 12:51 PM

2,365 posts, read 2,151,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCollege View Post
This happens to a lot of first-time posters.
I know what you mean.

The first time I ever posted, I had the unbelievable urge to move in with someone I would never live with, because I had the unreasonable expectation that they would allow me to do that while not speaking to me.

A few days later, I was grateful that I didn't completely move in, and could go home.

You don't know the weight that was off my shoulders.

That's it for me with this story. I'm moving on, and going home. Have a great life everyone!

Old 01-30-2016, 12:53 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,376,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
So, offer to marry her. You two can get a house together in which you have your own room, so you can have some private space to "protect". Where are her parents? How old is she, at what age did these 14 years begin? As I see it, she could either be around 28, or she could be in her mid-to-late 30's, or older.

Something about this story sounds awfully familiar; the miscarriage at 23 weeks, for one. Aside from the huge hormonal slam, miscarriages are typically very distressing. It's like losing a baby. (I keep having this deja vu sensation, that we already explained this to you a couple of months ago, OP.) She has to mourn. You do seem to care about the fact that she has seen other guys, even though you try to convince yourself (or us) that you don't, so why not "man" up or adult up, and propose to her? No more open relationship for either of you, just good old-fashioned commitment and hopefully lovey-dovey, once she recovers from this trauma.
It wasn't a miscarriage. And it is losing a baby. They lost a daughter.

OP, do you think you're in shock and not fully processing your loss (I assume you think her daughter is yours)? This post is awfully similar to one made a couple months ago.

Old 01-30-2016, 01:20 PM

32 posts, read 22,573 times
I'm back in my place, it's a 5 minute drive. I went to her bedroom to tell her I would be leaving just like she had asked and that she could call me at anytime in case she needed help. She didn't say anything...buried her head deeper into the pillow and started crying again.

It was hard to just go away knowing she's in that state.

Old 01-30-2016, 01:23 PM

15,071 posts, read 10,120,499 times
Quote:
I'm back in my place, it's a 5 minute drive. I went to her bedroom to tell her I would be leaving just like she had asked and that she could call me at anytime in case she needed help. She didn't say anything...buried her head deeper into the pillow and started crying again.

Does she have family or close friends that can check up her? You can call them up and ask for some assistance on her behalf.

Old 01-30-2016, 01:23 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,188,694 times
Quote:

So hard that you did all of this in the course of this thread?

Old 01-30-2016, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
Does she have family or close friends that can check up her? You can call them up and ask for some assistance on her behalf.
Many of her friends have called since she lost the baby but she says she doesn't want to see anyone. Her family is small, her mother and sister have already died like I've said. She doesn't have any contact with her father and her brother and his family live far away.

Old 01-30-2016, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
So hard that you did all of this in the course of this thread?
Why? Like I said, I just had a few things in her place and I live basically around the block.

Old 01-30-2016, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
No, I'm not marrying anyone ever. She's 33. I'm 40.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships