Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2016, 11:37 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,724,515 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuserJ View Post
I said it out of fear and insecurity at the time. Once her belly started to grow and I say the ultrasounds, it all went away.
Yet you express no sadness at all now. You moved in to support her, not so you could support one another. Everything you have written is about your rules and wishes and why things aren't going your way. Nothing about losing anything except your favorite ****toy because she's being all irrational right now. I have no pity for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2016, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
Another question - were you actually there when she had the stillborn?
At 23 weeks, she may have had a D&C.

Old 01-30-2016, 11:40 AM

15,072 posts, read 10,115,870 times
Quote:
I wanted to but I was not allowed by the medical team.
She was alone? Ah man.. that sucks (not blaming you... )

Old 01-30-2016, 11:41 AM

2,365 posts, read 2,150,511 times
Quote:
I thought people would be more tolerant and could actually understand that I never intended any of this to happen. I take no pleasure in watching her suffer, no matter what you might believe.
I don't believe you are taking pleasure in any of it. I also find it very easy to believe that you never intended to get her pregnant.

What I don't understand is how you could not foresee that this situation was going to eventually end - somehow. One way or the other, 99% of people are not going to settle on living this way forever.

It could have ended with you deciding that you loved her, and wanted her in your life forever - before this traumatic event. But, it didn't. It ended the way it ended, and nothing is going to change that.

There is no way to make any of this her fault. Other than insensitive reactions, its not even really your fault. I'm taking it you both were willing participants in this little game.

Learn from this. Give up any unreasonable expectations of other people. She's not a golden retriever. Her needs have moved beyond what you want to limit her to. She is not going to be content to sit at your feet and come when you call her.

She has learned there is more to life than just making her master happy.

Let's say you insist you love her. Fine. Let her go. If it was meant to be, she will return to you. If she doesn't, learn from your mistakes, pick up the pieces, and move on. Maybe there is something out there waiting for both of you that is far superior to what you managed to create together.

As far as saying you are leaving - unless you are moving out of town, where exactly are you leaving? You cant leave from somewhere you never allowed yourself to be.

Good luck, and again, best wishes!

Old 01-30-2016, 11:42 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,184,405 times
Quote:
I wanted to but I was not allowed by the medical team.
But you were at the hospital?

Old 01-30-2016, 11:43 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,184,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
At 23 weeks, she may have had a D&C.
I wasn't sure what the procedure would be. I've had friends that had stillborns much further along and actually had to go through labor. I had a D&C at 8 weeks but I didn't know how far along they performed those.

Old 01-30-2016, 11:44 AM

1,748 posts, read 1,297,653 times
Your GF is right, you never truly love her. You would be willing to sacrifice your personal space for a long 14yrs relationship if you do. Take this to your heart seriously

Old 01-30-2016, 11:45 AM

20,160 posts, read 12,775,561 times
The minute I read the rules part, I think it's a good idea for her not to see you again. I mean she's actually put up with you for 14 years with the rules. What is this? Soviet Union? Even it was collapsed. I think that's enough for her. I think you should move on too.

Old 01-30-2016, 11:45 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,994,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soUlwounD View Post
I think you should take it deep into your heart so you could change into more sensitive and loving person. You have not find love inside you yet. Because when you do if you ever give it a chance you would rather chain her than have sex with others. That is what love does. Love indeed sets you into a mode of obbession of one person that you want to be with in a same house and work day feels long sometimes because you cannot wait to see her again. Love changes your chemicals and thinking.

I hope she finds someone who really does love her with fully loving heart.

You should let her find someone who give his all to her. Stop stealing her happy years with someone that would truly love her.

And go to a therapy or something with your issues of controlling your talks during arguing. Love also prevents saying things that are too hurting, because heart tells to stop, you don't want to hurt a person that you love. You do sound like a jerk. Only good thing in you is that you told your intentions clearly. Now she wants something that you are not able to give - true love.

Let her have it
This ^^^.

Old 01-30-2016, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewdroplet76 View Post
i've had friends that had stillborns much further along and actually had to go through labor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships