Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2016, 03:24 PM

16 posts, read 11,221 times

Advertisements

I've had to think about a reply for this comment, McBain.
I just can't.
You've astonished me with your complete lack of caring.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2016, 04:02 PM

14,568 posts, read 23,096,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLessons View Post
I just can't.
If you want to call my expecting that a grown adult can make their own decisions a "lack of caring" then by all means, be my guest.

Old 01-30-2016, 04:05 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,794,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLessons View Post
I just can't.
Honestly I agree with McBain outside of the stillbirth situation. Dude was perfectly clear on his stances, she is not free of responsibility for her "waste of 14 years" in the least.

Old 01-30-2016, 04:15 PM

15,074 posts, read 10,130,709 times
I too agree with McBain regarding that this is a grown woman free to leave this situation at any time.

However, I still do not think the OP handled the situation properly. I also do feel for her.... it has to be a life changing traumatic event.

Old 01-30-2016, 04:23 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,198,855 times
If she hadn't gotten pregnant and just continued to be in a "relationship" with the OP - then, no, I wouldn't feel bad for her. What I feel bad about is that this woman got pregnant, he pressured her to get an abortion, told her that the "rules" would remain the same even if they had a child together, told her that he thought the baby wasn't his, and is now making this whole thing all about him when he doesn't even seem that sorry about the loss of their child.

And life changing traumatic event really doesn't even cover it. I don't think any mother ever really gets over losing a child. I know that this is my biggest fear.

Old 01-30-2016, 04:41 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,936,606 times
She's right about the OP. He's cold hearted. But she's known that all along. I don't know why she's surprised at his attituded. All he really cares about is sex.

Old 01-30-2016, 04:53 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,745,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
She's right about the OP. He's cold hearted. But she's known that all along. I don't know why she's surprised at his attituded. All he really cares about is sex.
Why do you think she's surprised? She told the OP he was probably glad she lost the baby. She doesn't sound shocked by his apathy at all to me.

Old 01-30-2016, 04:56 PM

1,054 posts, read 1,430,876 times
OP, this relationship is over unless you're willing to take it to a more committed level. Your GF may have been okay with your arrangement when she was in her 20s but now that's she's 33 her biological clock is ticking and this relationship obviously isn't working for her anymore. There's a possibility she even got pregnant on purpose hoping to use it to force you to commit to her; maybe the failure of that plan is fueling some of her anger towards you.

If you know you don't want kids there's no reason for you to not go and get a vasectomy or else this will probably happen again in the future with another woman. Be aware that there are few women older than 30 that will be happy with this type of non-committed, don't live together, free to have sex with other people relationship for very long so your available pool of options will shrink the older you get.

Old 01-30-2016, 05:10 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,142,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConeyGirl52 View Post
or her

I don't know you, and I could be getting you all wrong - BUT! You might want to consider that the pregnancy matured her. Perhaps the idea of a stable family is now appealing to her. That is something you have confirmed you are incapable of giving her.

You never supported her, right? Not emotionally and not financially, right?

As I said, I don't know you, but you are coming across like a little boy that has suddenly lost his favorite ball and finds himself desperate to suddenly retrieve it and put it back in his favorite box for it.

Don't be so selfish. She may be in no condition to be alone, but she is even more likely to be in no condition to continue to associate with you.

Even a selfish man would be able to accept that fact. A selfish little boy - I'm not so sure.

Best wishes to you anyway though. Seriously.

Even better wishes for her! She has made the first step to a happier and more fulfilling life!
I agree. Best wishes, and sorry for your loss.

Old 01-30-2016, 05:22 PM

20,722 posts, read 16,415,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuserJ View Post
I'm assuming I'm leaving for good so what's the point of making it even more hurtful?
You are a cowardly, uncaring, and selfish man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships