Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2016, 01:45 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,215,761 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuserJ View Post
Why? Like I said, I just had a few things in her place and I live basically around the block.
So, in the course of 3 hours, you decided to leave your girlfriend of 14 years right after she lost a baby because some strangers on the internet told you to? I'm just not buying it. Don't get me wrong, I think she's better off with out you. I just don't buy that you made this huge decision over the course of this thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2016, 01:48 PM

32 posts, read 22,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
So, in the course of 3 hours, you decided to leave your girlfriend of 14 years right after she lost a baby because some strangers on the internet told you to? I'm just not buying it. Don't get me wrong, I think she's better off with out you. I just don't buy that you made this huge decision over the course of this thread.
You're free to believe what you want. But it didn't take long to really come to terms with the fact that if she wants me out of her house, I have to respect that.

Old 01-30-2016, 01:52 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,215,761 times
Quote:
You're free to believe what you want.
Or not believe things, as the case may be.

So, how does it feel to have gotten your wish - you are now a completely free man?

Old 01-30-2016, 02:25 PM

16 posts, read 11,226 times
My heart really goes out to this woman, god, to have spent 14 years of your life: 14 years in this situation, only to have it end this way.
Such heartbreak.
I WISH you could feel the full extent of EVERYTHING she is feeling right now in yourself for eternity.

Old 01-30-2016, 02:32 PM

3 posts, read 2,516 times
I've read all the posts and this is definitely a sad situation for both of them, sadder for her for sure (losing a baby is heartbreaking). However, we have choices, and our choices sometime hurt others. Try to learn for this situation and don't hurt someone else down the road. As someone mentioned at some point, get a vasectomy since you obviously don't ever want to get married or have kids. Look at what happened by not having that part fixed: you both lost a baby and a 14 year friendship. I'm not saying that this is your fault only, but for you to eliminate any possibilities of having a child with someone else when you don't want it, have that problem fixed now. I hope you can work things out (not for being together) but at least for saying "Hi" to each other once in a while. 14 years together is a long friendship. As I said, try to learn from this and whatever went wrong, don't do it again, it will hurt you and others. I hope both of you will find what you are looking for and what you really need.

Old 01-30-2016, 02:33 PM

14,570 posts, read 23,113,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLessons View Post
My heart really goes out to this woman, god, to have spent 14 years of your life: 14 years in this situation, only to have it end this way.
Such heartbreak.
I WISH you could feel the full extent of EVERYTHING she is feeling right now in yourself for eternity.
I don't see any reason why we should feel sorry for her (the stillbirth not withstanding, of course) as it appears the OP was pretty upfront about his stances on things and she consented to going along with them. She's presumably a big girl and if she were unhappy with the situation she was perfectly capable of ending it.

Old 01-30-2016, 02:34 PM

102,261 posts, read 108,293,393 times
Quote:
No, I'm not marrying anyone ever. She's 33. I'm 40.
Well, then, she needs to move on. It's too bad this pregnancy happened before she realized she's wasted 14 years with someone who won't always be there for her. I know you were upfront with her, so it was her choice, but IMO she made the wrong choice. I wonder what she was thinking to stay with a guy for so long who was clear with her that he wasn't interested in living together nor marriage.

She should see a grief counselor. And you should check in on her regularly.

Old 01-30-2016, 02:35 PM

1,194 posts, read 1,402,722 times
Another "new poster" with a familiar, Daddy-issue situation who "breaks up" with a longtime partner on the advice of strangers on the internet.

Old 01-30-2016, 02:40 PM

2,449 posts, read 2,611,459 times
Very sad situation to leave someone in a time of need. OP needs to step back and look at what he had. Both parties would probably benefit from therapy.

Old 01-30-2016, 03:08 PM

4,978 posts, read 5,788,006 times
It's clear you never did love her. You used each other. That's about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships