Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2016, 10:14 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,975,596 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
You are going to be in so much trouble when he contacts you again.
Pretty much. You can see it coming.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2016, 02:50 PM

63 posts, read 56,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Pretty much. You can see it coming.

The reason why I am so sure I will never hear from him again is based on past incidents. Whenever we had any problems in the past, he would leave me alone. He wouldn't call or text me. There have been occasions where I would leave and stay with my parents and he would completely ignore me. He would go days and not communicate with me. Silent treatments throughout the day. Only when I had enough and wanted to resolve whatever issue we had, I would text or call him. He would respond within a day or so and we would continue the relationship. Now this has been 3 weeks. He is completely ignoring all my attempts to contact him. The only time he responded was to an apology. Other than that, he has never once sent a text on his own without me initiating the contact. I am dead set on being strong and will not contact him whatsoever. I don't care what weak moments I fall into, I'm not texting or contacting him for anything. The furniture, if he doesn't want it then I'll find some use for it. I'm not going out of my way to make him get his things. I know from here on out, I can forget about reconciliation or open communication with him. That's just not realistic in my mind. He is not going to magically change his mind and contact me. I think he has too much pride for that.

I could be all wrong. I could be giving him too much credit. Im just going off of how Ive always known him to be. Although, this will be the first time I am completely letting go of the rope. There will come a point that he will realize I'm not going to reach out to him again. I don't think he cares either way.

Last edited by Ksol90; 03-11-2016 at 03:03 PM..

Old 03-11-2016, 06:01 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,910,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksol90 View Post
The reason why I am so sure I will never hear from him again is based on past incidents. Whenever we had any problems in the past, he would leave me alone. He wouldn't call or text me. There have been occasions where I would leave and stay with my parents and he would completely ignore me. He would go days and not communicate with me. Silent treatments throughout the day. Only when I had enough and wanted to resolve whatever issue we had, I would text or call him. He would respond within a day or so and we would continue the relationship. Now this has been 3 weeks. He is completely ignoring all my attempts to contact him. The only time he responded was to an apology. Other than that, he has never once sent a text on his own without me initiating the contact. I am dead set on being strong and will not contact him whatsoever. I don't care what weak moments I fall into, I'm not texting or contacting him for anything. The furniture, if he doesn't want it then I'll find some use for it. I'm not going out of my way to make him get his things. I know from here on out, I can forget about reconciliation or open communication with him. That's just not realistic in my mind. He is not going to magically change his mind and contact me. I think he has too much pride for that.

I could be all wrong. I could be giving him too much credit. Im just going off of how Ive always known him to be. Although, this will be the first time I am completely letting go of the rope. There will come a point that he will realize I'm not going to reach out to him again. I don't think he cares either way.

You've always started the communication back up. You've been doing all along since you broke up. It will take him a while to realize that you are done trying to contact him. When he finally realizes this is the time he will initiate contact.

Post back in a few months an let me know if I was wrong.

Old 03-12-2016, 09:40 AM

I'll be sure to post again. Hopefully it won't be about any setbacks from this breakup. I'm trying to keep a positive open mind about my future. It's set in my mind he's not coming back. He is living his life for his children and rightfully so. He will let me keep walking. Just going to let it burn.

My life is changing..by force. I have to embrace it. This relationship brought so much happiness to my life, aside from worries about the future of the relationship. I do believe I am a better person than I was a year ago. Him and children constantly challenged me to be better. Now that he is gone, I'm still changing and growing. I'm still evolving into a better person. I'm a work in progress. I know the kind of life I want to live. I know what I want to accomplish and I am slowly realizing, if I can't accomplish that life with him, then I'm ok with that. This is my journey. I will find someone who will stand by me through thick and thin. I have so much to give and I will find someone to appreciate that.

Last edited by Ksol90; 03-12-2016 at 09:58 AM..

Old 03-12-2016, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksol90 View Post
I'll be sure to post again. Hopefully it won't be about any setbacks from this breakup. I'm trying to keep a positive open mind about my future. It's set in my mind he's not coming back. He is living his life for his children and rightfully so. He will let me keep walking. Just going to let it burn.

My life is changing..by force. I have to embrace it. This relationship brought so much happiness to my life, aside from worries about the future of the relationship. I do believe I am a better person than I was a year ago. Him and children constantly challenged me to be better. Now that he is gone, I'm still changing and growing. I'm still evolving into a better person. I'm a work in progress. I know the kind of life I want to live. I know what I want to accomplish and I am slowly realizing, if I can't accomplish that life with him, then I'm ok with that. This is my journey. I will find someone who will stand by me through thick and thin. I have so much to give and I will find someone to appreciate that.
Nice. That's a great outlook. Keep it up. Eventually, you will barely remember why you wanted to be with him so much.

Old 03-13-2016, 06:04 PM

I thought I was making some sort of progress. Why does this have to be so complicated? It's like I keep fighting these same demons. Everything I do, everywhere I go, it's like they are missing from me. How is this happiness? Days keep passing and all I'm doing is drowning in sadness. Up one day, down the next. The issues we were having were reversible. He gave up on me. He gave up on us. He used to tell me over and over to have faith in our relationship, have faith in him. I wasn't listening until he left. Now all I'm doing is self-studying, but what use is it? If I'm brutally honest with myself and everyone else, I want to be with him. I want my life back. I'm constantly fighting....giving up. At the same time, I know what's good for me. I know I need to move on. What I want doesn't matter anymore. There is only one road to take. I wish I could fast forward or rewind. Anything to get out of this feeling, this torment. I'm starting to question what I did to deserve this? Did I go wrong somewhere? I'm not a victim, but I feel like I'm in agony. I'm helpless. I can't do anything, but take my time, be patient with myself, and become a better person in the process. I'm not the same person. I'm discovering someone new.

I hate that I miss him.

Old 03-13-2016, 06:22 PM

You are going through the sucky times right now. We've all been there. They will pass but it takes time.

Old 03-13-2016, 06:44 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,975,596 times
Yes, it's part of the process. As far as the "self-study," without professional help, you will continue this spiral.

You also might want to acquaint yourself with the blog feature here.

Old 03-14-2016, 03:56 AM

I've been speaking with a counselor. I'm not sure if its helping but I'm willing to give it a fair try. I wake up in the middle of the night every night in shock. Saying to myself, is this really happening?? It's been 3 weeks. I just feel so helpless. I feel like I've suffered such a huge loss. I pressure myself to get out of this feeling. I need to be realistic. This isn't making any sense being in this mood. I feel like I am making myself unhappy. If I was to just accept everything and look forward to my future, things would be much better and easier. There's nothing more to try to figure out. The more time passes, I realize this wasn't about our silly fights or my insecurities. This wasn't even about him not wanting children. I just feel he wanted out of the relationship. He clocked out long before it actually ended. I find myself wanting to know what he is thinking about this whole thing and truth is, he probably isn't thinking about it at all. He's been completely silent because he wants nothing to do with me. Why in the world did I probe at him for a reaction? I feel so stupid for the times I contacted him. What I should have done 3 weeks ago is what I'm doing now. I should have had higher standards for myself. If he really wanted to make things right, he would. Why would I need to prompt him or force him to talk to me? I need to keep it in mind that this man doesn't want anything to do with me, so I need to stop romanticizing about him.

Old 03-14-2016, 09:02 AM

You are so setting yourself up for a hard fall when he does contact you again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships