Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2017, 10:07 AM

1,883 posts, read 2,522,638 times

Advertisements

I personally don't think it's a disadvantage. Many women like men who are bald
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2017, 10:09 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,275,187 times
Being bald isn't a dealbreaker for most women.

Being unattractively bald or having unattractive hair in general can be a dealbreaker.

I knew a guy who was so obsessed with thinking that his early balding was why he could never get women to date him for more than his money.

It was his personality and his drinking problem, not his hair.

Old 04-28-2017, 11:41 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,984,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Being bald isn't a dealbreaker for most women.

I like hair. I guess I am not "most women."

Old 04-28-2017, 12:23 PM

5,573 posts, read 3,350,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor76 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
I like hair. I guess I am not "most women."
I think sometimes discussions like this can make people feel like they're suspect if they say they don't like some trait. There was an earlier comment along the lines of "good women won't care". That's not helpful or really fair.

As was also mentioned in a comment from a few years ago, the OP seems interested in how being bald changes his chances with women in general. Of course that breaks down to his chances with particular women, but in the abstract it doesn't. So Raptor's point is likely valid in the abstract or when answering the question abstractly. So you're both right. For my part, I was never very concerned that many women find me attractive. 2 or 3 at a time was about all I ........nevermind

I started losing my hair at 21 and was noticeably balding by 23-24. Despite not looking like a male model with or without hair, and despite being pretty anxious socially, at every stage of my life and my hair loss I've had some women attracted to me who I found attractive, which is all a person needs. I'm sure some women don't see me as attractive primarily because I'm bald. I'm sure some of those women wouldn't find me attractive with hair. I'm pretty sure that in some cases my not having hair works in my favor, not always because a woman thinks bald men are hot, but maybe because she thinks I look thoughtful or distinguished or open. I'm certain that the woman I'm with now, who I find extremely attractive, didn't set out to date a bald man. And in her eyes, she's not with a bald man. She's with me.

Old 04-28-2017, 12:30 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,834,015 times
It decreases ones coefficient of friction.

Old 04-28-2017, 03:13 PM

2,916 posts, read 3,002,759 times
Head shape matters. Most black dudes, even those with long flowing locks or huge 'fros have had their hair cut extremely short or bald at some point. Most white guys never really see their scalp so they don't find out if bald works for them until they're actually bald! I think every white guy should try it once when they're young just to see if the look works or not.

I've seen quite a few darker haired white guys pull off bald. However I can't remember ever seeing a red-haired or blonde white guy that purposely went bald....wait....Stone Cold Steve Austin is a natural blond (I think), so there's one.

Old 04-28-2017, 06:52 PM

1,261 posts, read 972,063 times
Yeah, cone heads and lumpy heads need not apply!

Old 04-28-2017, 07:20 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,886,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor76 View Post
This is one fine .

Old 04-28-2017, 09:21 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,373,565 times
Didn't bother me, and some men have the head shape for it. My first husband started shaving his head when he was 26, IIRC.

Old 04-28-2017, 09:30 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,882,911 times
I mean are we talking George Castanza or The Rock?
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships