Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2016, 06:08 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,880,668 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
it depends a lot on how big your balls are
Got dat right!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2016, 08:06 AM

2,071 posts, read 2,211,449 times
My observations are that men with darker skin can pull off the bald look better, probably due to there being less contrast between their hair and skin. A man with pale skin can only look good bald if he has a large roboust skull with a square forehead, bruce Willis and jason stratham come to mind. Most men , including myself, do not have said robust skull and need some hair on their head to balance out their look and to add robustness to their upper third.

Old 03-01-2016, 08:08 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,989,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert5 View Post
My observations are that men with darker skin can pull off the bald look better, probably due to there being less contrast between their hair and skin. A man with pale skin can only look good bald if he has a large roboust skull with a square forehead, bruce Willis and jason stratham come to mind. Most men , including myself, do not have said robust skull and need some hair on their head to balance out their look and to add robustness to their upper third.

I don't know what shape my head is, but I definitely do better with the bald look. I'm very fair skinned, and dark hair. The only thing with it is outside of the summer when I have a tan (I really need to be better about wearing hats) is that I can't go more than a day without a new shave as the contrast you spoke of is there. I don't mind though, I'm used to having to shave every day.

Old 03-01-2016, 08:12 AM

1,039 posts, read 1,159,657 times
If you have a great job, nice car and a cool condo and hung like a donkey baldness does not matter much over 35.

Under 25 yes as women only care about looks (yes I said that)

Old 03-01-2016, 12:49 PM

2,599 posts, read 2,325,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
I'm sure a lot of women don't mind baldness, so it isn't the end of the world. It wouldn't work for me though because I like a nice full head of hair the way men like boobs.
I like pretty over curvy.

Old 03-01-2016, 12:57 PM

2,599 posts, read 2,325,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
It does not work for me either... I am really struggling with this getting old thing. I never wanted to be old.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapsChick View Post
Isn't it better than the alternative?
Perhaps not to some or many people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by homina12 View Post
I will say that I'm not sure that going bald is equivalent to a women ballooning up to 400 pounds. I'd say more like 500.
<cringe>

Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
it depends a lot on how big your balls are
Courage or sexual ability?

Old 03-01-2016, 01:05 PM

5,573 posts, read 3,350,265 times
@ curiousgeorge5,

My 500 pound comment was to tweak the poster for absurdly equating something that happens to about 1/2 of men eventually to women weighing 400 pounds, which is true for maybe a few % of women.

Old 03-01-2016, 02:16 PM

1,038 posts, read 903,334 times
yikes 400lb is Sick.

I watch those my 600lb life and none of them are what youd call Smart. Not one.

I have eating disorders too but something in my brain tells me if I cram 100,000 calories in I better not do it again the next day

Old 03-01-2016, 06:10 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,618,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by curiousgeorge5 View Post
I like pretty over curvy.
I don't think I've ever seen an ugly woman with great boobs, but maybe that's because if she has great boobs, there's really no need to look at her face.

Old 03-01-2016, 06:27 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,356,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjm1976 View Post
I am a 39 year old white guy and I started losing my hair 10 years ago.

Ironically, my last gf broke up with me about the time I started losing my hair and I have found dating to be considerably harder since that time.
I'm pretty sure that she didn't break up with me because of my lack of confidence because I didn't let my hairloss bother me when I first noticed it and my personality was the same it always was.

I had the ol horseshoe baldness pattern going for awhile and I've alternated between buzzing my hair real short and outright shaving it but I rarely get any signs of interest from women regardless of what I do, anymore.

I'm really starting to believe that a man having a full head of hair is right up there with being tall in terms of the physical characteristics that women look for in a man.

To any other bald/balding men, have you had a tougher time dating since losing your hair and to any women, how big of a turnoff is a bald/balding guy to you or does it matter at all?
I expect to see a decent amount of women respond that it doesn't matter at all but actions speak louder than words to me and I rarely see decent looking women in public with bald guys.
My DH has the same "horseshoe" pattern...........I keep his shaved off.......I use our dog clippers.

Make it look like a choice.........and own it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships